PDA

View Full Version : New here and ready do rent a villa but have ???

PennyG
29-02-2004, 07:45
I am new here and have spent an entire week going over villas and trying to choose the right one. I have about three to choose from now. My question is: How do you know who to trust? I hate to sound paranoid but to send off so much money to a complete stranger is very scary. What do I need to look for?

Thanks in advanced[msnembarrased]

stavros47
29-02-2004, 10:22
The villas on the three related sites are all verified (now on a regular basis) This means that ALL villa's are genuine, with real owners and do not think their is any problem with handing over your money.
You will no doubt get a receipt of all transactions. There has to be trust by both parties. Equally the home owners are en-trusting you with their home.
[msnsmile2]

Funshine
29-02-2004, 15:47
Should you still have concerns about any property on any of the 3 advertising areas linked to this forum (although I would doubt it) I'm sure the webmasters would be only too happy to confirm that the property you have chosen is bonafide. [msnsmile]

hamptonlakes
29-02-2004, 18:14
hi Penny has everyone has said all the villa on the 3 websites are all verified and are verified on a regular basis - check out this link to see how the owner is verified:

http://www.orlandovillas.com/owner_verification_scheme.asp

Hope this helps[msnsmile2]

janny
29-02-2004, 18:45
Sending money to an owner on this site is a scary prospect if its something you have never done before but then so is sending money to any company you book through -you probably know as much about them as you do with which ever owner you book through on here.The difference is once you have made a commitment with an individual owner then that owner will be available to you at anytime to answer any questions you may have right up until the time you go. Not only are the owners verified as already said but if you wish they can give you other ways to verify they own the home.Bear in mind that this leap of faith being taken by you is also being taken by the owner -after all they don't now you either but are willing to entrust you with their investment and pride and joy .Select your home -talk with the owner -ask any questions you may have -them relax and prepare yourself for a great holiday[msnsmile2]

Sanje
07-03-2004, 18:19
Owners will understand your concern not to part with hard earned cash and then to be let down. I suggest you speak with the owner and build up a mutual trust and agree how the monies will be paid. The alternative is to book through a rental agency.
I know some management companies will offer renters the chance to pay only on arrival with a refund if you are not wholly satisfied. Some renters do prefer this arrangement but of course if you book through a middleman you must expect to pay extra for your rental.

Enjoy your stay.

pbensur
13-03-2004, 03:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sanje

I know some management companies will offer renters the chance to pay only on arrival with a refund if you are not wholly satisfied. Some renters do prefer this arrangement but of course if you book through a middleman you must expect to pay extra for your rental.
[/quote]

And not only that - when you book with an agency, you really don't know what you're getting. When you book with a private owner, what you see is what you get. You will see actual photos of the actual villa you will be staying in and nothing beats the personal touch!!

Gillian-B
13-03-2004, 04:12
Hi PennyG - welcome to the forum.

I know how you feel as I felt the same way when I first booked with a private owner (well before the Internet came on the scene!). However, I've never had any problems and can only add my voice to everything that has been said above about booking through a reputable site like this one. I'm now an owner myself and will happily talk over concerns or any other issues/questions to guests, prospective guests and even guests that we cannot accommodate because we are booked!

Don't feel paranoid - give the owners a call and have a chat. Then, have a fantastic holiday[8D].

marion
22-03-2004, 19:13
Hi Penny
When I first rented a villa before becoming a villa owner my self I was holding my breath when I got close to the villa that I was going to stay for my well deceived vacation.

I did not know who owned the villa I just sent the money to a company and when I ask a question about the villa to the sales girl she could not answer the question as she had no idea were I was going to be staying.
I am pleased to say we have all moved on and you can talk direct to the villa owner your self.
All villas owners on this site are verified.

There has to be trust on both sides you are sending money to a villa owner and the villa owner are intrusting you with there home.

Penny
just relax and prepare yourself for a great holiday.

asbaum
22-03-2004, 23:39
I have more fear buying an auto!!! $20,000 to $40,000 and you know up front that even if it is a "lemon" you will never, ever, get your money back!!!