PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Package - Hollywood & Vine

LBD
28-02-2004, 19:28
Has anyone done the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Hollywood & Vine? Would be interested to hear your views on it. Food any good? How much did it cost? Food good for kids?

If the show starts at 8.30pm what sort of time should I be making our dinner reservation for?

I've seen on other sites that it can sometimes take a while to get seated at the restaurant, that the restaurant is a long walk to the arena and that even though you have PS booked you still need to get to the arena early to get a good seat in the reserved area.

poet123
26-04-2004, 23:42
Can anyone answer these points as I would like to know too!!

Ana
27-04-2004, 00:51
I can highly recommend the Brown Derby. They usually stick us in our own room at the back, can't think why!!

weemac
08-05-2004, 13:19
Can anyone tell me what the food and service is like at Mama Melroses restaurant and if it is worth going for the Fantasmic Dinner package? Can i book package before we go or do i have to wait til the day we are visiting MGM? Any advice greatly appreciated.:)

disneyrus
15-10-2005, 17:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by weemac
Can anyone tell me what the food and service is like at Mama Melroses restaurant and if it is worth going for the Fantasmic Dinner package? Can i book package before we go or do i have to wait til the day we are visiting MGM? Any advice greatly appreciated.:)
[/quote]

My family and I went to Disney October 2005 and made priority seating reservations for Mama Melroses Fantasmic Package. The food was great and for the adults and children as well. We had a 4:30 seating and had plenty of time afterwards to enjoy more rides before going to the show. When it was time to go to the show we went to the designated area and was informed on how to get to our seats. The reserved seats were excellent we were able to pick any row we wanted as most people. The general public side was crowded as we had plenty of space. This year we are doing the fantasmic package at Hollywood & Vine just for variety.

See ya real soon!!

christhear
15-10-2005, 17:33
We did the Fantasmic package at Hollywood and Vine. The meal was about 3 hours prior to the fantasmic show so there was no rush.
Its a buffet type thing with some extras laid on for the kids. Still drinks are icluded.

You need to get to the seating area about 30 mins before fantasmic starts. I think they open it top the general public just before the show starts if there is any room left.

All seats in the stadium pffer great viewing so unless you want to bit right at the front there is no point in getting there much more than 30 mins before the show.

andrewmckay5
15-10-2005, 18:18
Thanks Christine,
we have booked for December 17th.
andrew
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by christhear
We did the Fantasmic package at Hollywood and Vine. The meal was about 3 hours prior to the fantasmic show so there was no rush.
Its a buffet type thing with some extras laid on for the kids. Still drinks are icluded.

You need to get to the seating area about 30 mins before fantasmic starts. I think they open it top the general public just before the show starts if there is any room left.

All seats in the stadium pffer great viewing so unless you want to bit right at the front there is no point in getting there much more than 30 mins before the show.

[/quote]

CarolAnn
01-11-2005, 12:44
We did the Hollywood and Vine Package last Wednesday!! It was absolutely brilliant!!:D The food was just perfect for my family and the waiters/ressess were extremely good!! We ate late at 1800, but the service was fantastic, and though we only had an hour, we didn't feel rushed at all...and the food....wow...selection was just sensational!! Highly recommend[msnwink]

mizzy
01-11-2005, 12:52
Hi

we did the mama melroses fantasmic package and would recommend it (i think we reserved our table for 4.45ish)

the food was great and the waitress was lovely with the children

they do great cocktails too!!!

Mizzy

becbecs
01-11-2005, 13:12
Not done the Hollywood & Vine but did the Fantasmic Disney Package but ate at the Brown Derby. Very Nice excellent food

Ian Dee
02-11-2005, 01:45
I thought that perhaps if you booked the Disney REstaurant you got preferential seating at Fantasmic?

CarolAnn
03-11-2005, 23:04
We DID Ian!!:) The whole section on the right hand side of the theatre was reserved for those us who ate at one of the restuarants in MGM that offer preferential seating. Main benefit is you don't have to be seated until 30 mins before the show and get a really good view. They only hand out so many tickets, so you are garunteed a place if you get the ticket!

wrightbuxton
03-11-2005, 23:25
Hi

does anyone know if you can reserve the dinner package here in the UK prior to your holiday or if you have to do it on the day in MGM.

We have relatives going next Easter who want to try Fantastic (we have told them how brilliant it is).

Thanks

ahagan
07-11-2005, 19:34
Yes you can book from here as we did. In fact it is advised you do that to ensure you get the date you want. We did Mama Melrose fantasmic package this summer and it was really good. Food was great and our waiter was excellent. We had enough time to do other things before we went to Fantasmic.

wrightbuxton
08-11-2005, 00:22
Thanks for that Adeline

Do you have a phone number or e mail address I could use.

Thanks
Julie

ahagan
08-11-2005, 13:40
Julie

Its 407 939 3463.

Semper
20-11-2005, 22:24
We did this package last week and to be honest were not overly impressed. I don't know if we caught them on a bad day. It was a fairly quite day at the park and the restaurant seemed to be the busiest place. There wasn't the big selection of food we thought there would be. There was a selection of salads, a couple of seafood dishes, sausages, cheesy mash, vegetables and a few other cooked meats. The kids menu consisted of chicken nuggets, macaroni cheese or meat balls. The desert menu had vanilla or chocolate with a variety of toppings, some different pies (looked like apple and raspberry?) and a couple of other little cakes. The food was tasty and cooked well enough. The service was okay, the staff were very busy though and had to wait a while to get refills etc. My wife used the toilets and said they were a bit grubby with toilet paper all over the floor, definitely not up to the usual Disney standard.

We got our priority seating pass once we had sat at our table and ordered drinks. The pass says you must arrive at the Oscars gate by 6:30pm (show starts at 7:00. Pay attention when the cast member gives you directions, we didn't and just assumed we showed the pass at the main gate. The correct gate is located near the main entrance next to the Kodak shop. It takes you around the back way the right hand seating block which is all reserved for the dinner package guests. It is worth noting that if the park is quiet, as it was on our visit, there was still plenty of seating in the left hand block right up to about 15 minutes before the start of the show. Also guests were still coming into the reserved section once the show had started. Still we got seats right at the front of the reserved section and there was not the stress of wondering if you will get a seat or not as we have had previously. And once Fantasmic starts all the little grumbles soon disappeared, a show not to be missed.

In conclusion. The Hollywood And Vine dinner package is worth doing if the park is going to be busy, If it is quiet it would be a lot cheaper to eat at one of the cheaper food outlets and then get to the show between 6:00pm and 6:30pm to still get reasonable seats. But what ever you do see Fantasmic, easily the best Disney show.

CarolAnn
21-11-2005, 18:32
Wow Semper sounds like a different restaurant to the one we were in just 4 weeks ago!! We found he choice and variety of food to be excellent, and the service to be perfect, with genuine care being taken to get us organised as we hadn't left plenty of time before the show!
I must admit, the entrance could have caught us out, but the waitress carefully pointed out where we needed to go, which helped us :)
Must confess, we like to try different places, but would eat there again, without question!!![msnsmile2]

Semper
22-11-2005, 01:43
I really did get the impression that they had far more guests to deal with than they were expecting. Seemed to be a lot of flapping going on. It certainly went against everything I had read on this site and from reviews in other locations.

CarolAnn
22-11-2005, 12:00
Still a shame if you were expecting something and were disappointed:( Hope you get a chance to try something else on another occasion[msnwink]

weemac
17-01-2006, 20:39
If the show starts at 9pm, what sort of time should i book Hollywood and Vine for our meal as we don 't want to be rushed bur also don't want to have to hang about too long?

freddiehollie
22-01-2006, 13:23
Food and service at Brown Derby awesome!!!!!!
Bit pricier than some other restaurants but
worth every penny. Cocktails to die for[:P][:P]
Going back in May can't wait, not to be missed.[msnsmile2]

weemac
23-01-2006, 01:40
Have just booked Hollywood and Vine/Fantasmic dinner package for this July and can't wait!![msnsmile][msnsmile]

wrightbuxton
25-01-2006, 17:06
We've just booked the Hollywood and Vine/Fantasmic Package for April.

Can't wait too[msnsmile2]

Julie