PDA

View Full Version : Concerts in Orlando area

fiona
27-05-2002, 04:01
Anyone know how you can find out what concerts are on 2/3 months in advance in the Orlando area?

Don't seem to be able to find much from the House of Blues or Pleasure Island websites. There must be concerts on somewhere and a way of finding it out?

Fiona

steph_goodrum
27-05-2002, 11:24
Fiona
You could try the Orlando Sentinel website www.orlandosentinel.com and put concerts in the search box.
Cypress gardens often host some big name concerts, their website has details of forthcoming ones.
I know what it is, like me you were jealous when you saw the NYSNC one being talked about weren't you? I'm taking Michelle to see Westlife at Wembley on Friday as a mid GCSE leisure break.

Babblin Boo

fiona
27-05-2002, 12:59
Well I just missed CCR and Hootie & The Blowfish in February, and got all excited when I saw the Eagles were doing a tour - nowhere near Florida of course!

I've tried looking at the House of Blues (only goes 31 days in advance!), can't get any sense out of the Pleasure Island site and I know they have acts on there because we saw Paul Rogers there a couple of years ago .

Seems like the Americans have more sense - who would want to play in the hurricane season live on stage? Of course I could always stay at home because (it goes without saying) as soon as I booked our flights all the big names confirmed their London concerts - most of them while we are away.

Oh well, back to decorating the garage or putting in more palm trees then!

Fiona

steph_goodrum
27-05-2002, 13:44
Fiona
Cyndi Lauper is on New Years Eve at Pleasure Island.
www.go2Orlando.com has some other events listed for various places.
Not sure when you are travelling but hte Fall concert series at Cypress Gardens includes
Jon "Bowzer" Bauman of Sha Na Na
The Oakridge Boys
Glen Campbell
The Lettermen (the way you look tonight was one of their hits)
An Elvis impersonator.
The annual pass is only $65 and includes all special events unless it says not.

Babblin Boo

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 27/05/2002 09:54:26

Julieb
28-05-2002, 00:12
Oasis are playing the Hard Rock Live on 4 August.

Julie

bonnie
28-05-2002, 00:23
What about www.uscape.com it is the web site for universal and it should have the Hard Rock Live concerts listed. Bonnie