PDA

View Full Version : Teeth Bleaching

espritdave
28-02-2004, 14:29
Anybody have any experiences or recommendations of a dentist in the Orlando area?

Thanks
Dave

Andy & Arlene
28-02-2004, 16:04
Dave, without using a dentist, there are now various products on the market that do this. I have bought some in Walmart in the past.

espritdave
28-02-2004, 18:09
Thanks.

We've seen these pastes etc now in the UK too. In our experience, they produce only short term and very mixed results.

We wanted to have them professionally done, but it prohibitively expensive here.

dave

fiona
28-02-2004, 19:26
Well judging by the medical and normal dental costs I can't believe it won't be even more expensive in Florida, but I may be wrong. You could try emailing some to get an idea of prices?

espritdave
28-02-2004, 19:31
Generally it is cheaper in the US as there is much more competition.

All of the quotes we had were within 10 or 15% of each other , but more then a few were willing to negotiate.

What I need is someone who has actually had this treatment and is happy to recommend a dentist.

dave

lisag
28-02-2004, 22:27
Dave,

It is considerably cheaper in the US to get your teeth whitened. My hubby had his done in December by Brite Smile and they have offices all over the US. They did a great job and it cost $450 which is excellent considering the strong £ at the moment. Brite Smile UK charges start at £600.00. It was a special offer and it's normally about $550 - $600 but they seem to have specials on a lot of the time, just register on their website and give permission for emails and you will be notified of any special offers. They do have an office about 15 miles from Kissimmee. Don't bother with the toothpastes as unfortunately they don't seem to work, we've previously used Crest Whitening Strips but it's a right pain having to sit with them on your teeth for 30 mins x twice a day whereas Britesmile use laser technology, it takes 1 hour and they can be lightened up several shades. We would definately recommend them.

www.britesmile.com

Good luck

Lisa

chrizzy100
28-02-2004, 22:51
quote:Originally posted by espritdave

Generally it is cheaper in the US as there is much more competition.

All of the quotes we had were within 10 or 15% of each other , but more then a few were willing to negotiate.

What I need is someone who has actually had this treatment and is happy to recommend a dentist.

dave

I don't like the bright white smiles....I had one tooth done after a root filling.....they do that from the inside out......I just think it makes people look radio active myself.....:D

chrisj
28-02-2004, 22:59
:D:D:D im not sure about it either, but each to their own as the saying goes

chrizzy100
28-02-2004, 23:29
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

:D:D:D im not sure about it either, but each to their own as the saying goes

There is some kind of myth about Americans having nice teeth.....but I've never seen so many people with teeth missing until I moved to the USA......I don't have great teeth myself.....but I still have most of them......:D

chrisj
29-02-2004, 00:37
over here ive noticed all the kids seem to have braces ???

15-05-2005, 00:42
I had my teeth bleached last August and they are still great - you get a home top-up kit too, I can thoroughly recomend the place I went to, very high tech and friendly..and only 5-10 mins from Millenia Mall

8976 Conroy Windermere Road
407 909 1099

www.windermeredentist.com

honeybee
15-05-2005, 14:04
Hi our friend owns a dental practice and he charges around £300 but yesterday I went to the BNI and we have a dentist there selling a kit for £50 apprently he highly recommends it. For him to do that is amazing as normally he is well over the top on his charges!

As our friend said it depends on if you drink lots of coffee, red wine etc to how long it lasts. My husband has it done and he looked like the 'blink blink ring of confidence' lasted around 6 months and he has the top up kit he always uses before he goes to america.

Ask your dentist as they do normally do this

Cruella DeVilla
15-05-2005, 14:14
I am going to have mine done later this year. My teeth were really white as I don't drink coffee or smoke but having a mouthful of metal has not helped the colour in the last 18 months!

It is the norm for the kids to have braces as ChrisJ says and quite a lot of Brit kids have them to, maybe I just notice more as an adult with one. I remember a Simpsons episode where Lisa did not want one and to push her into it they showed her the Book of British smiles.....! :D It took me 20 years to sort mine out after I was given the decision as a child if I wanted one, I should have been made me have it!

jolliffee
15-05-2005, 18:17
CDV, Chris made that post in 2003! I have not seen him posting for an age anyone know where he has gone?

Cruella DeVilla
15-05-2005, 19:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
CDV, Chris made that post in 2003! I have not seen him posting for an age anyone know where he has gone?
[/quote]

Possibly building a house in Cyprus I believe, so his interest is elsewhere, he has not been on here since last October.