PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2004

susangrah
28-02-2004, 02:06
Hello everyone
I am new to forums. Have been reading messages for ages and have just registered to ask a few questions. we are travelling to orlando for Christmas 2004, have already booked Discovery Cove for Christams Day but not quite sure about the rest of the holiday yet. It's really useful on a site like this to see eveybody's point of view.

ruthless333
28-02-2004, 13:25
Hi Susan(?) I'm a newbie myself and have found everyone to be really helpful so far, like you I was reading messages for ages before registering.
I have asked (via ASK the Experts)about discovery cove and been advised to book early (we hope to travel Spring 2005). Can I ask how you went about booking, was availability becoming limited even now, etc.,?
{not sure if you will be allowed to advertise/quote any sites}
Happy planning!!

susangrah
28-02-2004, 13:35
Hi ruthless
found booking discovery cove very easy. all instructions are given and are very easy to understand. even with me being a novice about sending messages and an absolute beginner using the internet to book things! Anyway, you just put in all info as instructed and it asks you when you want to go, i just put in christmas day and it said it was available.
hope you get on ok
sue

fiona
28-02-2004, 14:21
Do you have children? If so I would allow one evening for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - tickets are usually released in the summer from memory.

Magic Kingdom shuts at 6 for these nights (so if you are visiting MK at Christmas make sure it isn't one of these nights!) and re-opens at 7.00pm. The park will be decorated, characters in christmas costumes, there will be free family photos - which they will send to the UK for you, hot chocolate and cookies and generally a wonderfully atmosphere. Lots of people dress up too.

susangrah
28-02-2004, 14:51
Yes, 16 and 14. i have heard about Mickeys Christmas party, i want to go even if 2 teenagers dont.

fiona
28-02-2004, 15:05
We used to go every time, but the gals (18½ and 15) decided it was old hat last year. They then agreed with me that it didn't really feel like Christmas as we hadn't gone, so it is back on the list for 2005 when they will be 20 and 17! Might also be something to do with indulging their ageing mother but we won't go into that[msnwink]

ruthless333
28-02-2004, 15:46
Thanks for the info about booking..........
Were not travelling until Spring 2005, but Xmas sounds magical[msnsad]

Herbie
09-03-2004, 00:44
Don't forget that if you book Discovery Cove you get a week of admission to Sea World. We booked Discovery Cove on Christmas Eve 2003 but found that Sea World had much more Christmas atmosphere than Disney.

Ana
09-03-2004, 13:45
If you go on Discovery Cove's website and register - you can check availability as the year goes on. Also there's a freephone no from the UK.