PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Dixie Landings Resort buildings?

Nostromo
27-02-2004, 19:55
We stayed at Dixie Landings Resort in 1995 and thought it was quite good, if nothing special. I had heard that it was closed, but what have the buildings been converted into?

CarolAnn
30-08-2004, 19:17
I think they now refer to that resort as Port Orleans now:)

Nostromo
30-08-2004, 21:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
[/quote]

Thanks, so I heard. It appears that there are now TWO Port Orleans Resorts and the northern one is the old Dixie Landings. I cannot imagine why they changed the name - unless 'Dixie Landings' was somehow politically incorrect.

floridapete
01-09-2004, 16:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
[/quote]

Thanks, so I heard. It appears that there are now TWO Port Orleans Resorts and the northern one is the old Dixie Landings. I cannot imagine why they changed the name - unless 'Dixie Landings' was somehow politically incorrect.
[/quote]

Having taken the boat trip from near Rainforest Cafe to Port Orleans and then Riverside I can confirm that the Old Dixie landings is now called Riverside (resort).

Why was it changed ? Yes, politically-correct sensitivities were to blame !

ravtino
04-09-2004, 17:15
We have stayed at Port Orleans in the Riverside quarter and very nice it was too, we are going back next year for a few days to take my 12 year old neice.
When we were there last year the French quarter was closed for refurbishment.

cjboatman
07-09-2004, 22:17
We stayed in Port Orleans Riverside last October. Its very nice.

They have amalgamated the two resorts. Now Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter.

As Ravtino says the French Quarter was closed last year at this time for refurbishment, but is now open.

Both resorts are great to stay in, with easy access to all the local non-disney areas, as well as being central for all disney parks.

chrizzy100
07-09-2004, 22:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cjboatman
We stayed in Port Orleans Riverside last October. Its very nice.

They have amalgamated the two resorts. Now Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter.

As Ravtino says the French Quarter was closed last year at this time for refurbishment, but is now open.

Both resorts are great to stay in, with easy access to all the local non-disney areas, as well as being central for all disney parks.
[/quote]

I love Port Orleans........I'd give it 10 out of 10...........