PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Island Location

camBB
27-02-2004, 13:35
Hi,
I've rented a villa at Emerald Isle in June this year. I was wondering what restaurants are nearby and are there any takeways that deliver to the villas.
Thanks in advance

mprince
27-02-2004, 15:29
You will love Emerald Isle it is a beautiful resort.

There is a Pizza and Chinese takeaway/delivery place in the Plaza.

Restaurants also in the Plaza are: Outback, TGI Friday, Subway, Dairy Queen, Cracker Barrel and also a large Winn Dixie for all your supplies - it;s expensive there though so would just buy your essentials and get the rest from Publix a bit further up the road.

Have a great time :D

fiona
27-02-2004, 16:53
There is also a Red Lobster, Carrabbas and Giordano's so we are well catered for at the Formosa Gardens Shopping Plaza along with a chinese and japanese takeaway.

camBB
27-02-2004, 17:48
Thanks for the replies. How far away is the plaza and could we walk too it.

esprit
27-02-2004, 18:51
Not far at all, an easy walk round the walls of the now defunct Splendid China. There is a new Cracker Barrel country restaurant and store there now too.

fiona
27-02-2004, 22:54
Is all that road paved now?

28-02-2004, 02:05
quote:Originally posted by camBB

Carrabbas is our favourite!

You can walk, but everyone will know you are Brits as we are the only ones who seem to walk anywhere in Florida!

neilandkay
28-02-2004, 02:53
If you do decide to walk, take a torch (flashlight) with you so that you can see and, more importantly, can be seen by drivers. As someone has already mentioned, Americans don't tend to walk anywhere.

--Kay

benfilo
28-02-2004, 03:30
quote:Originally posted by Julie R

quote:Originally posted by camBB

Carrabbas is our favourite!

You can walk, but everyone will know you are Brits as we are the only ones who seem to walk anywhere in Florida!

You're right about that my wife , my son and me were walking from Typhoon Lagoon to Planet Hollywood (Disney Village), it was only 10 or 15 mins away. A security van drove slowly past then stopped the driver asked if we were ok and needed a lift, we said no thanks we weren't going far and carried on walking.As we walked he kept pace and asked us the same thing 3 more times, we gave up and had a lift.
He was very polite but didn't seem to understand we just fancied a walk( and pick some pine cones)