PDA

View Full Version : Which Communities Have You Stayed @

hamptonlakes
27-02-2004, 03:14
Hi all i thought it would a nice idea to see which communities you have stayed @ and also what features you look for on a community ?.

For example: Stayed @ Hampton Lakes and thought the community is great offer free amenities and bright clean community.

I have also stayed @ Davenport Estates back in 2001 and found this a great community and it was very clean & tidy

Please remember this is not to single out communities it to see some feedback on communities around Orlando and What you personally liked and maybe disliked.

caroline
27-02-2004, 03:25
We stayed at Ridgewood Lakes about 5 years ago, really loved it - it's what made us buy our first villa:D - since then have only stayed in our own and obviously we love them or we wouldn't have bought them[msnwink] - although they are very different, Calabay is virtually all rental villas and Bridgewater has about a 50/50 mix of residents and rental villas.

chrisj
27-02-2004, 03:30
Stayed in Crescent Lakes and are going back there cos it was great, away from the parks
nice and quiet and yet near enough to them and shops etc

Im sure all communities are good

fiona
27-02-2004, 04:57
We have stayed at Indian Ridge, Hamilton's Reserve and then bought at Rolling Hills. We loved the house at Indian Ridge - very spacious although not that attractive from the outside, but was beautifully decorated and furnished. It seemed to take ages to get to the parks and to any supermarkets so the next time we went to Hamilton's Reserve. Lovely villa that had not been well maintained by management company which was disappointing, and had draconian rules about no swimming after 9.00pm at night - and a "friendly" neighbour to ensure you adhered to it. Good access to Universal and Sea World and a publix nearby, did not use any of the facilities in either of the communities, so we didn't bother with that ourselves when looking for our own!

kevinprewett
27-02-2004, 13:05
As you can imagine stayed in loads of communities since 1979 but my vote agrees with Chris, i feel overall Crescent Lakes id the best we've used.[msnwink][msncool]

athurstance
27-02-2004, 13:45
We stayed on Esprit twice before we bought there. We like it - obviously. It is mixed rental and residential which is nice.
I haven't stayed there but I did visit Calabay Parc and thought it was lovely.

Angela

Beverley
27-02-2004, 13:46
We stayed at Chatham Park on our very first visit & loved it.
We have since stayed at Calabay Park, Highlands Reserve & Hampton Lakes.

We have enjoyed are stays at all of the above, Highlands Reserve was great for the golf. The boys liked Hampton Lakes for the tennis/basketball courts.
We liked Calabay Parc because it was very peaceful.

We actually bought a villa at Tuscan Ridge because it suited all of us. Peaceful but does have a tennis court & a small childrens play area.

LesleyB
27-02-2004, 14:44
We have stayed at Lake Berkley twice - loved being one minute's drive from Walmart! Very nice gated community and some good facilities for the children. Also Pinewood, Meadow Woods and most recently Cumbrian Lakes, which we enjoyed very much. The children's area was well used by our two and the home we stayed in was lovely. The community had a very nice feel to it (although like most places there was quite a bit of building work going on, but this did not cause a problem) we were surprised at how easy it was to get to the attractions/theme parks from there.

Next community we are trying is our own - Four Corners - in April. Hopefully it will be absolutely fantastic[msnwink]

Lesley

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-02-2004, 15:15
We stayed at Indian Point on our first time in a villa and loved it - great community with a great location.

We bought all our villas in Crescent Lakes and cannot find any commmunity to beat it - very bigs lots, lots of space, very peaceful after a long day the parks, very close to wildlife (surrounded by Reedy Creek Nature Reserve). We just can't fault it. Also, it's extremely popular with guests who all seem to fall in love with it to and then go back again and again.

As Wesley has said, some places suit some people and other places suit other people - all communities have something for someone. I don't think any one community is any better than another as they all have their plus points [msnsmile]

lisag
27-02-2004, 16:30
We've stayed on Chatham Park, Hampton Lakes, Rolling Hills, Formosa Gardens, Windsor Palms (twice) before buying on Rolling Hills. Chatham Park I can hardly remember anything about unfortunately, Hampton Lakes for us, was a little far out and at the time there were no amenities/shops/restaurants close enough apart from Subway in a gas station but the house was wonderful, Rolling Hills & Formosa were both owned by the same owner and I really fell in love with their Formosa home, Windsor Palms we chose twice because of the facilities, i.e I had plans of visiting the gym regularly whilst away as I'm a bit of a keep fit addict. Did I visit, not on your nelly, I was having too much fun [msnwink]. But we've always loved the Splendid China area and even if we hadn't bought we would've continued to holiday in the same area.

wilfy
27-02-2004, 18:13
We've stayed on Indian Ridge , Robins Rest , Indian Wells (very convienient for everything, pity no 4 beds) Lindfields and Indian Point.
The 1st time we wanted a pool, the subsequent trips, we just wanted a different area for the right price, Oh and a comunity play area for the kids when they were little.

DISNEYDIVA
27-02-2004, 18:48
On our second Orlando holiday we stayed in a villa on Chatham Park (1997) for three weeks. We had car hire. My son in his twenties was with us and found it easy to walk to the 192 when we wanted to stay at the villa sunbathing around the pool (he is a non driver) that gave us all some freedom. My son and I walked around the estate one evening and across the road to Hamilton's Reserve, we felt quite safe as the security guard was about in his truck. I loved the villa on Chatham and would go back again, and Hamilton's had some very smart looking villa's.
Chatham had a community pool and a lake and i believe a childrens park.

Ruth
28-02-2004, 00:50
We stayed on Lake Berkley and Sunridge Woods before buying on Highlands Reserve which for us is perfect (even though we don't play golf);)

Newhomebuyer
28-02-2004, 01:09
Have stayed at Chatham Park , Emerald Island and Windsor Palms
I enjoyed them all

porky
28-02-2004, 18:27
We first stayed in BVL with my parents and thought the home was great. :)
Next trip with the parents we stayed in a bank managers villa at Loma Vista. Was very disappointed with this villa as the owner had been very stingy with what was in the villa. :(Made me determined that if I ever persuaded hubby to buy me one of my own I would leave everything I would need.
Next villa was an older one in Indian Wells, very nice but an embarrasement as we broke the key in the lock trying to get in on the first night. Very helpful neighbour who made us use her phone to call the mc - who just so happened to live around the corner.[:I]
Next one was a new villa over in Lakeside where you could watch the fireworks from the Silver Spurs Rodeo. Nicely kitted out and nothing at the back of us. I bet it's not like that now.:)
The last one we stayed in before I finally got my way was on Lindfields. This was also nicely kitted out but didn't like the sand that was in the pool when we arrived. The mc soon sorted it out for us.
I think that's all of them. So having got to Disney etc from various routes we opted for Southern Dunes. Why? Because that seemed to be the place our liason lady was selling, we loved the beauty of the golf course, the countryside and then there was the bonus of the super Walmart that was going to built later that year.:D

I must admit, whenever my parents had come with us my mum and I made everybody trail around model homes in various communities so we had an idea of what to expect.

Jacqui

Tracy
29-02-2004, 01:51
OK, we have stayed at Buenventura Lakes - Nice and quiet, but seemed like a long drive to the parks. Indian Point - Great house, mixed residential and STR, some of the residential homes appeared to let the community down, although this could have changed now. Hampton lakes - nice community, disappointing house, hadn't been kitted out well and appeared quite basic, but I think we may have been the first guests. Highlands Reserve - great home and location. Hamiltons Reserve - noisy neighbours, but great, very large home. Chatham Park - liked the security guard who was on duty, nice home and community.

Can't say we haven't enjoyed any of our villa holidays, which is why we bought one. Having stayed in quite a few homes helped us when making a decision on the type of home and community we wanted.

michellemaxted
01-03-2004, 20:09
We first stayed in a villa at Hamilton's Reserve. This was a great location and a lovely villa, and they had just put in a swimming pool and we were the first to use it:D

We then purchased our villa in Eagle Pointe, just down the road, because we liked the close proximity to Highway 192 and Walmart.

Mr G
01-03-2004, 20:29
We stayed in a friends villa on Indian pointe in 2002, looked around to buy as we loved Florida. Nearly bought new on Cumbrian Lakes, but got cold feet at last minute, thought it was bit expensive,(prices shot up so didn't end up saving much waiting a year) Eventually bought Nov 2003 a resale on Eagle pointe, South facing with Lakeview, wouldn't change it. Going out in August first time, can't wait.!!! We too love close proximaty to Walmart, 192 and Disney, yet a quiet community, .... Sounds like my advert!!.

Mr G
01-03-2004, 20:33
Forgot to say, we stayed on Crescent lakes last Year, I really love it, looked around to buy one on a Lake, non available, I have to agree with comments above, it's a lovely area, large lots, peaceful, beautiful lakes.... Wife won !! , we love Eagle pointe now, best of both Worlds, near with lovely Lake.

Funshine
02-03-2004, 16:31
We stayed in Buenaventura Lakes way back in 1989. The area was very nice then and in recent years has been developed and now offers a lot more by way of 24 hour shopping, restaurants, nail salons, hairdressers, pharmacy, loads of open parks and of course golf courses. Osceola Parkway was extended and opened in 1996/7 offering a particularly good link leading directly to Disneyworld maingate - its a toll road but for $1-2 we don't mind paying for hassle free motoring.

We've also stayed in Poincianna - which we thought was a long way out, however the neighbourhood was very nice, clean as you would expect and quiet. Pleasant Hills Road has really developed since we stayed in Poincianna - so many more developments have been built and better links to the attractions too.

Dee0747
04-03-2004, 23:38
Hi everyone, this is my first post. My family and I have stayed twice in Eagle Point and will be renting a villa there as well this May. We love this development. It is close to tons of restaurants and stores. We always reserve a house on the lake and the view is beautiful. We have always stayed in the 4 BR model with 2 Bedrooms on each side of the house. We live in NJ, in the U.S.. The designs of these Villa's are beautiful. If we ever purchased property in Florida We would choose Eagle Point.
Dee[8D]

05-03-2004, 00:34
Hi all,

We have stayed at ...............

Rotonda West (gulf) - great villa with conservation view - area too quiet for us, and no Starbucks!

Fairways Oaks Hudson (gulf) - fantastic villa overlooking 14th tee, bit more to do than Rotonda, still no Starbucks!

Sunridge Woods - conservation view, beautiful villa immaculate.

Ridgewood Lakes - villa a bit tatty round the edges but the most fantastic lot on lake with golf course behind. A large nosey Gator lived in the lake and was a regular to the bottom of the garden! One on my favourite communities, and we found a Starbucks!

Lindfields 5 times - villa again with lake view my only dislike here was that the dustbins seemed to be out all week long, not nice when the racoon had been at them!
We are only going somewhere else this time because the owners have not updated the TV's etc in 5 years, only 2 smallish TV's with basic cable package, no dvd, no playstation, no games room, no free telephone, no answerphone, no internet, no spa, etc etc..........Found another Starbucks or two though!

Thousand Oaks - this year, we know the community as we wanted to buy here when they first started building - fantastic villa which has got all the facilities that the last villa lacked and more and is off this site!

Can't wait!

Think I know where every Starbucks is now too!

Do you think I need help?

Ana
09-03-2004, 17:46
In the past I've stayed at Loma Linda, Manors at Westridge, Crescent Lakes & Rolling Hills. All were lovely! I have yet to stay in a "bad" area!

Crescent Lakes is by far the nicest community, with the largest plots and loveliest views. The only downside was having to drive back "home" down Poinciana Blvd. When we were there in 2002 we saw lots of people driving way too fast, and one night there was a really bad fatal accident involving teenagers. It put us off the area, which is a big shame.

Is there a better route to the communities in that area?

blott
09-03-2004, 18:04
There are various short cuts, etc in the area but if a community has its main entrance on Poinciana Boulevard, then you've got to go along at least part of it.

I think Poinciana Boulevard is a nice road (mind you, having seen an accident, it can't have been pleasant for you) but these don't happen every day of the week and I think you must have been really unlucky as we've travelled that road many hundreds of times and never seen one.

The reasons you mentioned in your post are just some of the ones we purchased at Crescent Lakes and we love it there and so do our guests. I'm pleased you thought so too! [msncool]

janice
12-03-2004, 18:57
We have rented at Chatham Park 3 times and also stayed at a friends home there a few times, lovely community and close to 192. Also stayed at Lindfields lovely area, Windsor Palms and Formosa Gdns great location. We stayed at a place north 27 which I think was called Woodridge, we didn't like it there, the villa we got was not up to the standard of the others. It was booked as a package deal through Styles although so was the Lindfields villa and that was beautiful. We have now bought a property of our own so no more renting!!

orlandobabe
14-03-2004, 01:48
We stayed on Lindfields on our second visit to Florida (hotel first time-see worst experience thread.

When we stepped into the villa-we all went 'Wow'-so huge and spacious and large pool too. Plus it was so close to Disney and all the restaurants and supermarkets, library for internet etc

When we decided to buy-I just wanted to be back there again. The houses are really big so having two families is not a problem. I also liked the fact that there was no home owners association-I didn't want either myself or guests unwittingly breaking any rules-and one or both of us getting fined.

It's got a nice mix of residents and rental homes too so I always feel particularly secure there.

We did look at a couple of communities-but I think if your first impression is a good one-it's the one you particularly want to stay with as it's been tried and tested.

There are lots of lovely communities and each one has its own unique features.

chrizzy100
14-03-2004, 02:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Julie R
Hi all,

Rotonda West (gulf) - great villa with conservation view - area too quiet for us, and no Starbucks!

Fairways Oaks Hudson (gulf) - fantastic villa overlooking 14th tee, bit more to do than Rotonda, still no Starbucks!

Ridgewood Lakes - villa a bit tatty round the edges but the most fantastic lot on lake with golf course behind. A large nosey Gator lived in the lake and was a regular to the bottom of the garden! One on my favourite communities, and we found a Starbucks!

Lindfields 5 times - villa again with lake view my only dislike here was that the dustbins seemed to be out all week long, not nice when the racoon had been at them!
We are only going somewhere else this time because the owners have not updated the TV's etc in 5 years, only 2 smallish TV's with basic cable package, no dvd, no playstation, no games room, no free telephone, no answerphone, no internet, no spa, etc etc..........Found another Starbucks or two though!

Thousand Oaks - this year, we know the community as we wanted to buy here when they first started building - fantastic villa which has got all the facilities that the last villa lacked and more and is off this site!

Can't wait!

[/quote]

The lady who lives near my place in FL works at Starbucks......and she makes the best coffee in the world......I'm straight round there in May......to say hi and tell her to put the coffee on ...hehehehehe

14-03-2004, 02:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
Hi all,

Can't wait!

[/quote]

The lady who lives near my place in FL works at Starbucks......and she makes the best coffee in the world......I'm straight round there in May......to say hi and tell her to put the coffee on ...hehehehehe
[/quote]

Chrizzy,

If you around in August I will meet you there.....first thing I do when I get of the flight at Orlando is go straight to the Starbuckies in the airport!

Julie R

chrizzy100
14-03-2004, 02:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
Hi all,

Can't wait!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Chrizzy,

If you around in August I will meet you there.....first thing I do when I get of the flight at Orlando is go straight to the Starbuckies in the airport!

Julie R
[/quote]

I'm back down the last week of july and the first of Aug......I may stay longer if friends are coming over from the UK.......

Lyn
16-03-2004, 21:36
I like Hamilton Reserve & Chatham Circle, I have never stayed east of the I4 only west which I really like, The villa on Hamilton Reserve was fabulous very quiet but only minutes to the 192 and Wal Mart - very important.

Lyn

Carla
16-03-2004, 22:23
Hamilton & Chatham are East of I4, Lyn. You'll need a compass for your next trip!!!
:D:D

Lyn
17-03-2004, 00:32
My navigation skills have always been poor, that's why my husband Bill always drives, I was just about to change the posting from West to East, but Carla had seen it Uups!!

rozzer
21-03-2004, 01:22
Hi all we have stayed in southern dunes twice this is a lovely chilled out golf community and has a mature appeal to its garden shrubs and foliage. The communal pools are great and often you have them to yourself.
I love this place..........

Hex
25-03-2004, 21:19
Stayed at Eagle Pointe the first time we were over (off Poinciana Blvd) and we were very impressed. Nice, bright, clean community not far from anything, great villa with a reservation behind it. (and probably worth a fortune these days)

Second time we stayed at Hampton Lakes (US27 south), which seemed "ok" but (probably due to the building works) seemed a little less 'clean & tidy'. The villa was also less impressive (somebody who needed help with interior decoration in my opinion). We also felt that we were out in the middle of nowhere, being around 20 (odd) miles from Old Town.

Next we stayed at Town Center resort (Old Lake Wilson) and this too was very nice. A little too "Disney" for my tastes (why does anyone buy a bright pink villa?) but still a good location. The view from the back of the villa could have been improved (some kind of empty ditch surrounded by tall grass - ideal mossy territory) but apart from that spot-on.

We actually bought a villa in OrangeTree (north off the US27). I love the smell of oranges in the morning....

perry1
28-03-2004, 01:12
we have stayed at indian pointe which was beautiful we made life long american friends but we had a burgular try and get in at night we had to call 911[msncry]

we stayed at wellington reserve lovely but far out

windsor palms fantastic gated because of burgular experience;)[msnwink];)

sunseeker
28-03-2004, 01:56
Have stayed at Southern Dunes and at Crescent Lakes.
Both very nice, you can walk to wallmart at southern dunes[8D]

nina
11-04-2004, 14:34
Our first Community we stayed at was at a town house at Southern Dunes (no private pool), the next year we went back to Southern Dunes and stayed in a villa with a private pool, in all we have stayed at Southern Dunes 3 Times, We do like Southern Dunes but it is quite far away from the attractions but has Walmart and food outlets just outside the gate.

We have stayed at Indian Ridge Oaks once, Nice location with everything much closer, but the villa we stayed in was right on top of your neighbour but that did not cause any problem with us.

We have found a really nice villa that we used last September at Weston Hills on H27, We have found this gated community to our liking very much. Closer than Southern dunes but not as close as Indian Ridge Oaks to the attractions. We like Weston Hills So much that we are going back to the same villa on the 29th of this month (cannot wait). The owner of the villa is very friendly so i think that makes a difference when choosing where to stay and when you have found your ideal villa with ideal community and a friendly owner you go back.

Im sure there are plenty of nice villas and communitys with friendly owners but it is nice for the renter to like all three and we have found that, just hope we can always find availability there when we want to go.

RubAyr
12-04-2004, 17:26
We've stayed at:

Southern Dunes (June 02) very handy for Walmart, a lovely gated community although it is quite far away from the parks etc

Clear Creek (June 03) this was ideal for the eating places along the 192 after a long day at the parks/shops

Bass Lake Estates (Bass Road) (March 04) lovely new developement. Opposite end of the 192 from Clear Creek.
Big advantage: minutes from Walmart Superstore and we had a jacuzzi! Lots of good eating places close by.

September 04 - not booked yet !

caseyd
12-04-2004, 19:55
Just got back from Greater Groves for a week. Liked it very much. Away from the hustle and bustle, 2 miles north of 192 on 27 north. Most homes are private residences and not rentals, so it has a more normal feel to it. More room btwn houses than other developments we went by, and we had ALOT of prvacy trees and flowering plantings btwn our house and ones next door, so it was totally private (unlike so many other developments we drove through which had you up against your neighbors and in full view). We liked going to Disney from 27 area, less congested. Styed in the house 4 days of the 7, so the privacy and QUIET was important. Sunsets are great out there on the west side.

ujpest doza
13-04-2004, 20:15
Villa Communities i have stayed at are :-

Westridge, Chatham Park twice, Eagle Pointe and Loma Vista.

All had good points and bad points, but the bad points are probably just me being English and feeling the need to complain!

I am staying at Windward Cay this year, anyone stayed there?

Ann-Marie
16-04-2004, 20:50
Hi there

Stayed at Windward Cay a few years back - really nice villa and very quiet, hence the reason we are going to Indian Pointe this year - just next door really - like that side of the 192!.:D

Ann-Marie

worldpeace
18-04-2004, 18:03
Has any 1 stayed in Indian Creek yet? Plus how old is this location, is it a safe area (gated)@ night to walk with children; ie: to & from resturants all the way upto the 192/oldtown ect;

19-04-2004, 01:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by worldpeace
Has any 1 stayed in Indian Creek yet? Plus how old is this location, is it a safe area (gated)@ night to walk with children; ie: to & from resturants all the way upto the 192/oldtown ect;
[/quote]

Indian Creek is located on the right, just 1 mile off highway 192 at the Splendid China Junction (Formosa Gardens). I don't think its gated, but I think you could walk to the resturants at Formosa if you fancy a mile hike?

Kickstart
20-04-2004, 19:18
We have stayed at Weston Hills 3 years ago, very nice villa backing onto scrubland, so not overlooked.

Just got back from staying at Whispering Oaks - nice mixed community with only a few rentals, including the orange and green house next door! Backed onto woodland, pool was a little shaded which would be nice if the weather had been warmer. Cable TV went wrong though so I missed watching all the baseball and basketball, not that my wife minded!

bridget
20-04-2004, 19:19
Stayed at Indian Wells a few years ago. It was lovely. My pet hate is being overlooked so I like a bit of privacy.

Kissyme
22-04-2004, 15:59
Last year Oak Island Harbour lovely house lovley neighbours next year same place but intend visiting other communities to get a feel for when we finally have enough money (and courage) to buy our own place

movement no movement
14-05-2004, 21:39
1999 - Chatham Park 3 Bed 2 Bath (single storey)
Blown away by the quality of accomodation in comparison to mediterranean holidays.Felt TOTALLY "at home" and determined to visit every year from now on

2000 - Oak Island Harbour 4 Bed 3 Bath (two storey)
loved the home ! Great Location ! Very convenient for Formosa Mall which I think is a really good supermarket.Quiet , Peaceful , but unforunately the home was not too clean (My wife was unhappy about that).

Decided to buy

Oak Island Harbour was megabucks to buy on when I looked into it.....so that counted that out...

Crescent Lakes offered the size (and some...) of accomodation we were looking for along with privacy , gated (which was important to us) , quiet (Located in nature / conservation reserve) & lake location at a price we were happy to pay.

chrizzy100
14-05-2004, 21:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by movement no movement
1999 - Chatham Park 3 Bed 2 Bath (single storey)
Blown away by the quality of accomodation in comparison to mediterranean holidays.Felt TOTALLY "at home" and determined to visit every year from now on

2000 - Oak Island Harbour 4 Bed 3 Bath (two storey)
loved the home ! Great Location ! Very convenient for Formosa Mall which I think is a really good supermarket.Quiet , Peaceful , but unforunately the home was not too clean (My wife was unhappy about that).

Decided to buy

Oak Island Harbour was megabucks to buy on when I looked into it.....so that counted that out...

Crescent Lakes offered the size (and some...) of accomodation we were looking for along with privacy , gated (which was important to us) , quiet (Located in nature / conservation reserve) & lake location at a price we were happy to pay.

[/quote]

Your house has a nice layout....builders seem to be cutting down on the two living areas in a four/five bedroom home... but are adding more bathrooms......the thing I like most about the FL homes is the feeling of space in the living areas.....

caseyd
15-05-2004, 03:19
Glad to see the comments on Oak Island Harbor, and thanks for posting those- I am just in process of putting down a deposit for Christmas week on a 4 bedroom house right on the lake there.

Nostromo
19-05-2004, 20:41
We stayed for 3 weeks at ORANGE TREE and thought it was an excellent community. Nice houses, decent neighbourhood, good location, convenient for supplies and parks, but above all, wonderful caretakers.

cameron
22-05-2004, 20:02
We stayed at Orange Tree for our first Florida holiday in Oct. and loved it.

In Jan. we stayed at Westbury and found it to be abit far out for us but roadworks and building works didn't help.

We have now bought at Silver Creek, 1m north of 192 on us27, and are looking forward to the new Walmart opening at the end of the year.

I wonder how many people buy a villa near to where they stayed for the first time. We most certainly had a pull in that direction.

Scotborder
22-05-2004, 23:03
Our first trip to Orlando, we stayed at Loma Vista, just opposite the Tennis Court and have enjoyed it. Then next trip we tried, Highland Reserve because of the golf course, also stayed at Venetian Bay no private pool but it's okay because of it's communal facilities.

Then we tried Southern Dunes which we think suits us very well, PGA golf course for hubby and son, tennis courts for the family and gym in the club house and best of all Wal-Mart and Restaurant just outside the gate, so we bought a villa there.

stabard
18-06-2004, 01:03
We stayed on Indian Creek June 04. Very close to Disney and the villa was great. However most of the villas seemed to be overlooked.
November we stayed at a freinds on Lake Berkely and it was great to sit in the morning wathcing the sunrise over the lake but we ended up buying on Eagel Pointe which is a quiet community but close to all the action. Can't wait to be out there in July.[msnsmile]

E. Cosgrove
19-06-2004, 00:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
We've stayed on Indian Ridge , Robins Rest , Indian Wells (very convienient for everything, pity no 4 beds) Lindfields and Indian Point.
The 1st time we wanted a pool, the subsequent trips, we just wanted a different area for the right price, Oh and a comunity play area for the kids when they were little.

[/quote]
I agree about Indian Wells Wilfy. We stayed there twice and found it very convenient. Also stayed at Montego Bay ( a bit far out ), Lake Davenport and Davenport Lakes. All great.:)
Liz

deniseb90
09-07-2004, 19:52
Stayed at Indian Ridge in 1996 and again in 2000. Really lovely homes - and very well furnished. This year staying at Highlands Reserve - have heard good things!

JLBEEKEN
10-07-2004, 02:51
We stayed in Windosr Palms and Loved the formosa Gardens area. We ended buying in Sunset Lakes. We love our home there. It faces conservation and backs to the lake.

Our home is rented this whole month and we had something come up & we need to be in clermont so we have rented a home in Clear Creek off od 27 for later this month. Looking forward to trying this area.

TracyJ
10-07-2004, 20:54
Have stayed at Lindfields and Montego Bay ....really liked Montego Bay, hubbie got friendly with next door neighbour, and managed to get a game of golf with him. Going back September 24th (can't wait) [msnsmile2]

pigletsplace2003
22-07-2004, 01:41
We always stay on Indian Creek as it is by far the best !!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Liam_Sandie
31-07-2004, 01:54
Hi All

We stayed on Hampton Lakes this year, fantastic house and great community!!!

Sandie & Liam

eclipsed
10-08-2004, 23:17
Weve stayed at Creekside,which was nice ,walking distance to Wal-Mart,
Crescent Lakes was a nice community,my kids made friends with some residents and played with them out in the street,it was a very safe place.
This year we stayed at Bridgewater Crossing, the villa was really nice,the community had plenty of things for the kids to do.
Our next holiday will be at Southern Dunes, hope it will be nice, location looks o.k[msnwink]

traceya89
11-08-2004, 02:25
the first year we stayed at indian point and loved the location. We stayed there for the next four years and it took us four years to find the short cut to Walmart! Stayed at Eagle Point also, which is the next estate to Indian Point. A friend of mine bought a villa at Westridge and we went to check out the location and the road to the end of the 192 seem to take ages and then on the 27 to westridge was endless. That certainly put me off renting from her or going anywhere in that location. Stayed at Windsor Palms last year in a condo as only 3 of us and that estate was great with the communal pool and amenieties.

waiting to win the lottery to buy lots of villas so i can move to florida

Genie
14-08-2004, 21:29
We spent many years staying in hotels along the Drive, then after spending a lovely holiday at Sunset lakes, we decided to buy our own on Four Corners as we thought it was a lovely community and loved the fact that although it was quieter there you could still get to all the major attractions easily.

Cruella DeVilla
14-08-2004, 22:35
The thing about ID is you do not have to drive anywhere, taxis are affordable and the buses run up and down and there are so many things to do/places to eat. It is good if you are on a budget to. The first villa we shall stay in shall be our own!

timfawson
15-08-2004, 17:09
When we first went to Florida in 1995 we stayed in a villa near Tupperware HQ cant remember the name,
1997 stayed in Lindfiels
2000 stayed in Westridge
2002 stayed in Lake Berkeley
Christmas 2003 stayed in our own villa on Four Corners

linsan
15-08-2004, 18:30
First went to Florida in 1997 as a 'one off, trip of a live time' and have been back lots of times since as follows:-
1997 Oct. - WDW Caribbean Resort
1999 April- WDW Caribbean Resort
2001 April- WDW Beach and Yacht Club
2002 July - Loma Vista (villa)
2002 Sept - Celebration World Resort (timeshare)
2003 Sept - Indian Creek (villa)
2004 April- Chatham Park (villa)
and, hopefully, next visit
2005 May/June - our own villa in Sunset Ridge!!!!

KirstieLou
01-09-2004, 17:08
I've stayed on Manors North, Westridge every time. Nov 2001, May 2002, Nov 2002, May 2003 and Sept 2004 Lovely quiet community with gates. Far enough away from the tourist places when you want to peace & quiet but close enough when you want a day our. Perfect.

eagleydo
01-09-2004, 17:28
2001 we stayed at Hampton Lakes - lovely community, great house.
2002 we stayed at Doral Woods - totally different, lots of wildlife around the house, a little more secluded, great house.
2003 we stayed at Westridge - lovely community, the best house of the lot(although the others were great this one was a dream).
2004 we are back to Doral Woods, can't wait.

MaggieAllan
02-09-2004, 13:06
We've stayed at Lindfields, Southern Dunes, and Indian Pointe. This coming Christmas we are staying at Calabay Parc.

Every villa has been great and we have fond memeories of the holidays spent there. I can't pick a favourite, or really gripe about anything as the downsides of one (e.g. further to travel) have been balanced by the positives ( e.g. fantastic pool/spa)

The only preference we have - or should I say our friends have, as we haven't noticed the difference - is a GAS heated pool. They have been several more times than us and usually go in the cooler months, and say it heats up more quickly etc???

I think all the homes are beautiful, and dependant on your MC and respectful guests, remain so. Obviously the nearer you are to WDW , or the more exclusive or new, the more you tend to pay. The choice is yours, and this site definately gives you that.

I just wish I owned one!

huckleberry house
02-09-2004, 13:09
A question for Eagleydo and Maggieallan really, once you have found a villa that you really like in a good area are you not tempted to repeat book the same home rather than a different one each time ?

Lesley

MaggieAllan
02-09-2004, 13:36
Lesley

Various reasons really, I won't refer to actual communities but those of you who know the areas will probably understand which ones I mean from my previous message.

Some are a bit too far out, some estates have become massive and used to be much nicer when there was only phase 1 - you didn't mind paying the extra for location close to WDW.

We have tried unsuccessfully to rebook ones we love - missed the boat - but this has made us look around. I treat it as part of the excitement of going searching through the available ones, looking up their location etc..

Our friends get the chance to go much more than us and have used several villas one or twice.

I wish hubbies holiday entitlement at work allowed us to plan so far in advance so we could rebook the same ones before they go, but as all the villas we have used have been great, we don't worry about finding another great one. I suppose it also helps moving around so that IF we ever got the opportunity to buy we would know lots of different communities.

So in conclusion, we would be loyal but find it difficult.

hope that covers it
Maggie

LiesaAnna
05-09-2004, 19:05
we stayed at Florida pines, very quiet, but thats how we like it, if we want noise we stay in a hotel, its near to most things and 5 mins down the road to walmart, our villa owner has told us that lots more things have been built and opened on the 192, and we're really looking forward to trying the chinese resturant
Liesa

LiesaAnna
05-09-2004, 19:12
forgot to mention, we pay the extra for the heating of the pool as we like to go in Dec went last time 02, and going this dec,its got 4 bedrooms 2 loos, own pool, beautifully decorated,
also very very important, no queues for the rides!!!!!!!!! and weather still very nice and warm
Liesa

Lynnes
05-09-2004, 19:13
We looked around various estates before we bought on Southern Dunes - why- well it's near enough to the parks and yet peaceful and tranquil when you want it to be. It is mixed STR and residencial which I like as I always like to meet the locals.

KJH
11-09-2004, 02:51
[msnsmile2]We stayed at Thousand Oaks, in Davenport, very nice but very very quite. Quite a way to shops until Championsgate was built. Calabay park, Sunset Lakes on the 27 and Glenbrook Resort, which is is off HWY27 and just round the corner of the 192, so can get to everything. Plus a Walmart and many other shops our being built not too far away.[msncool]

Karen

big momma
03-10-2004, 23:18
'Villa Communities i have stayed at are :-

Westridge, Chatham Park twice, Eagle Pointe and Loma Vista.

All had good points and bad points, but the bad points are probably just me being English and feeling the need to complain!

I am staying at Windward Cay this year, anyone stayed there?'

We stayed at a villa at windward Cay (Marker 15 on the 192)last october, nice community- very quiet (the pool had trees etc behind it-very private)and close to Walmart and Big K, Pizza Hut, short drive to parks.
We liked it so much were going back in Oct 05!

KJH
04-10-2004, 01:59
I should have added that we liked Glenbrook so much we bought our own 4 bed villa that completed may 04. Went our in June and back again in Jan/Feb05.

KAZ

semerton
12-10-2004, 15:48
My First trip was on Greater Groves we loved it so much we had a Villa built on there as it is a lovly community plenty of space between each Villa very peacful very handy for disney and shops and now a new Walmart is being built only 2 miles away
Sylvia

Champagne
12-10-2004, 15:57
We've stayed on Lindfields and Highlands Reserve and loved Highlands Reserve so much that we bought our villa there. The open rolling space of the golf development really appealed as soon as we drove onto Highlands.

We wanted to be near the 192 and some of our favourite dining places and then ease of access to the I4 for guests travelling from the airport that were new to Orlando. We also wanted peace and quiet and a pool that was really private, so a lot overlooking the conservation forest at the rear of Highlands was exactly what we were looking for.

eagleydo
12-10-2004, 18:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house
A question for Eagleydo and Maggieallan really, once you have found a villa that you really like in a good area are you not tempted to repeat book the same home rather than a different one each time ?

Lesley
[/quote]
It has never been possible for us to stay in the same villa, 1st villa is now no longer rented out, 2nd villa was too small for us the 3rd year as their was more of us and we needed a fifth bedroom. This year we tried to rent the same villa as the 2nd year but it was already booked and we were given another house on Doral Woods a few yards away(same managment co.)I personally love Doral Woods for its positioning but the biggest available is only 4 bedroomed so next year just after Christmas Day, when I go I will have to look elsewhere. Already tried the previous 5 bedroomed house in Westridge but of course it is already booked. So next Year it will probably be somewhere new again.

Lynne S
13-10-2004, 01:30
I don't think there are many places in Orlando that you couldn't fail but have a great holiday, that's why we all love it for our own reasons.

Between our families we have stayed all over Orlando, from Motel's, 5 star Hotels, luxury condo's and wonderful villa's.

We have bought our villa on Terra Verde, because we like the that your just minutes off 192,and WALMART ! Disney under 10. And yet seem like we are miles out in the country because of the greenery and conservation around the resort.
Oh and my middle son is Horse mad, and you've guessed it ? Stables right near us.

[beer][clap][beer][clap][beer][clap]

Steviek
13-10-2004, 04:15
Whereabouts do you live Jadehouse? If anywhere near us please send your horsemad son round we could do with a new mucker out! We love to go ranching in Tucson every Easter & the fact we dont have to do all the nasty jobs makes it even more attractive

skippy
13-10-2004, 13:46
We holidayed in florida for the first time in 1998, once in a lifetime etc, etc stayed at the Contemporary resort, went back 1999 to the then new Movies Resort.
2000 we stayed at Westgate resort ( timeshare and were pestered every morning at 7am to buy, until my husband asked what part of no do you not understand, we were left in peace after that)
2001 We stayed in Westridge villa a bit tired but couldn't fault the cleanliness and comfort.
Later that year we bought a villa in Royal Palms, the other side of the I.4 from Westridge, a lovely community with both rental and residential homes. Royal Palms isn't as well known as the other communities which is a pity as it is so near the I.4 but peaceful.

Lynne S
13-10-2004, 16:18
Hello StevieK,

We live in Wigan, Lancs. Mucking out is music to Joe's ear's.........
We're off to Robinson's on Saturday so he can pick what he want's for Christmas, every penny has to go on things to do with horses.
Any time you want to take an extra one on holiday with you, give me a shout, I'd pay double !!!!!

heathercobbett
13-10-2004, 17:58
We stayed first in Boggy Creek-too far out but we loved staying in a villa.
Next we stayed in Lindfields and then Whispering Oaks.
Then finally we had built a lovely 5 bed on Manors North at Westridge which we love.We were lucky to get in at the start of development so were able to choose our ideal south facing plot
However.when we decide to go ourselves,there is usually only one week free in our own house so we are still renting other peoples.
It is a bit hard when the house you rent is not nearly so nice as our own.I like having all the extras
We loved the semi-rural feeling of our area 6 years ago,but they have introduced lots of shops supermarkets an d restaurants without losing that appeal.

Cruella DeVilla
14-10-2004, 16:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by skippy
We holidayed in florida for the first time in 1998, once in a lifetime etc, etc stayed at the Contemporary resort, went back 1999 to the then new Movies Resort.
2000 we stayed at Westgate resort ( timeshare and were pestered every morning at 7am to buy, until my husband asked what part of no do you not understand, we were left in peace after that)
2001 We stayed in Westridge villa a bit tired but couldn't fault the cleanliness and comfort.
Later that year we bought a villa in Royal Palms, the other side of the I.4 from Westridge, a lovely community with both rental and residential homes. Royal Palms isn't as well known as the other communities which is a pity as it is so near the I.4 but peaceful.
[/quote]

Know what you mean about Westgate Lakes. We were "held hostage"[gun] there a few years back, turned frosty when we said no for the 100th time. Mr CDV told them he decides nothing until he has slept on it, they would not give up.[gun]

Kissyme
18-10-2004, 16:14
Hi CDV,
Had a similar problem a few years back when staying at Orange Lake, chap actually phoned us our apartment phone, trouble is we probably would have bought but he would`nt just tell us "How much" just kept trying to get us to a meeting in the Keith had to be quite firm with him and then we just stopped answering the phone.

Cruella DeVilla
18-10-2004, 17:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kissyme
Hi CDV,
Had a similar problem a few years back when staying at Orange Lake, chap actually phoned us our apartment phone, trouble is we probably would have bought but he would`nt just tell us "How much" just kept trying to get us to a meeting in the Keith had to be quite firm with him and then we just stopped answering the phone.
[/quote]

What got us was they kept going on about a no pressure or heavy handed tactics here! I was so relieved to get away from them as it turned a bit frosty when it became apparent we were not interested. In the end they wanted $9,000 for a week at a time of year we kept telling them we were not interested in. I thought Mr CDV was going to throttle him when they kept us waiting ages for transport back because we had not bought!![msnmad]

chunkichik
15-11-2004, 01:57
We have stayed at Lake Berkley, Westridge and Indian Creek

The villa was glorious at LB but the pool was not heated!!!!, however, we got this one by mistake, upon arrival at the airport, we were sent to the wrong villa agent and you can imagine my mood after three hours and we had nowhere to stay and three tired and hungry kids. After two days of no heated pool we asked if we could be moved somewhere else and we were moved straight to Westridge which was a nice area but a bit far out for us.

Our last visit was to Indian Creek and we loved the location, close to everything, I know that some people refer to Kissimmee and the 192 as the poor mans relation to International Drive. I actually prefer the 192 thank you!!!!

We were looking for a villa in Indian Creek for next year, but, after hearing everyones comments about Crescent Lakes, perhaps I might check that out

jxlvr
17-11-2004, 22:09
I have stayed at Highland reserves. I have stayed there 3 times at the same Villa. I LOVE it there. Private pool, private house and close to park and away from the crowded area hotels.