PDA

View Full Version : Fort myers/Sanibel

Florida_is_no1
27-02-2004, 02:03
We are thinking of visiting/staying in this area. Has any1 been/stayed there? if so wot was it like and is there lots 2 do?[msncool]

esprit
27-02-2004, 02:56
Fort Myers beach is great. Lots to do. Sanibel, well it is very quiet. Pretty much all there is to do is sea shelling and beach pursuits. It is what you would call relaxing. I find it too quiet but you may like it. I would go Fort Myers beach personally.

fiona
27-02-2004, 04:50
There are plenty of watersports activities at Captiva if you stay on the south seas plantation, but you pay for the privilege. Sanibel is a get away from it all type of holiday - pure relaxation rather than anything else. We have found it great after a fortnight of activity up with the mouse, but it is not everyone's cup of tea.

kevinprewett
27-02-2004, 13:13
Hi,
I've beens taying on Sanibel for the past 15 years and found it wonderful. But as with everything else it's all down to oersonal choice. I obviously am slightly biase as I was involved in a property letting agency providing vacation accommodation in & around the Ft.Myers/Sanibel area. If you still interested please let me know & I can give you any kind of info. you require.
[msnwink][msncool]

kevinprewett
27-02-2004, 19:15
p.s.
here's a list of some of the outdoor activities available in the area.
If you are interested let me know I'll PM the web-site address to you.
enjoy!
Outdoor Activities and Sports:
Select the category you wish to see a complete listing for:

Airplane & Ultralight Tours >>>
Bike & Moped Rentals >>>
Boating & Sailing Charters / Rentals >>>
Boating & Sailing Lessons >>>
Cruises >>>
Day Excursions >>>
Fishing Guides & Charters >>>
Golfing & Lessons >>>
Kayak & Canoe Rentals >>>
Marinas & Docking >>>
Miniature Golf >>>
Nature & Historical Tours >>>
Parks & Conservation >>>
Recreation Programs & Facilities >>>
Scuba Diving >>>
Shelling, Snorkeling & Sightseeing >>>
Tennis & Lessons >>>
Watersports & Rentals >>>

[msnwink][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msncool]

poet123
04-05-2004, 16:01
Kevin,
Could you please PM me the website as we are hoping to stay on Captiva in July. If you have any contacts for rental there that would be great also as we have a couple of options, but as we want wed-wed not sat-sat we do not have that great a choice.:):)

Cruella DeVilla
15-06-2004, 06:31
Fort Myers is nice, the nice thing is there are not too many Brits. We stay there most visits usually flying into Soutern Florida Airport in Myers. Sarasotta is really nice to, it is 2 hours from Myers. We are in Naples at present, that is nice and within easy travelling from Myers. We have bought a villa in the Orlando area but shall still visit this area.
Maybe you have been here already as this is an oldish post.
CDV