PDA

View Full Version : Firework Boat Trip

KarenScott
24-02-2004, 00:42
[:I]Has anyone ever hired the boat at WDW to watch the fireworks? and/or included the food? We were wondering whether to book for our trip as part of our anniversary celebration. I think in the book I saw it advertised for $120 and food an extra $80. Any thoughts please?[:I]

AndiePhil
24-02-2004, 03:24
I had a similar thought - but read an article on allears.net saying that the view was not that good because of smoke.

caroline
24-02-2004, 12:08
Well we've booked it for April, so I'll let you know then!
You have to book 90 days in advance and the phone lines open at 7am (Florida time) it took me about 5 days of calling before I managed to get through at about 2 seconds past 7am (they only have 4 boats and they sell them VERY quickly)
We're picking the boat up from Disney Board Walk (you can also board at the Yacht Club)and have booked a meal first at the Flying Fish Cafe.
The boat will take up to 10 guests (it might have been 12[:I]) is $120 or $200 with food for 4 and an extra $20 per head for over 4 guests. The food was sandwiches and snacks and sodas! Hence we decided to eat first!
Apparently it lasts for just under an hour - we have to board at 8.15 to cast off! at 8.30 and the fireworks at Epcot start at 9pm - it "parks" up somewhere (I think near the bridge in Epcot) to watch the fireworks.

We've been told the view is excellent[msnsmile2] - but I'll let you know!

KarenScott
24-02-2004, 13:35
[:I]Caroline, That sounds great. What should I ask for when I phone Disney? Is it firework boat trip? The restaurant that you are going to first, have you been before and would you recommend it?[:I] Karen

caroline
25-02-2004, 00:08
Hi Karen

It's the Illuminations Cruise! We haven't been to the restaurant before but I have it on good authority that it's the best place to eat at the Boardwalk (from a Florida resident!)

To book the cruise you need to phone at 12 noon (very promptly) UK time on 001 407 939 7529 then the options I pressed to get through quickly rather than listen to the blurb were 4211

KarenScott
25-02-2004, 22:49
[:I]Are you on the boat called Breathless? Karen[:I]

caroline
25-02-2004, 23:34
I don't actually know the name of the boat Karen - didn't think to ask!

caroline
01-05-2004, 04:19
Well we went to the Flying Fish, excellent meal, and if you book the cruise from the boardwalk then you only have to walk a few steps outside the restaurant to board your boat.

The cruise takes you for a spin first then parks up under the bridge at Epcot (by France) and we had a wonderful view of the fireworks - our driver then took us back to the boardwalk and took photos of our party (using our cameras) with the boardwalk as the backdrop - it was a lovely way to watch the fireworks without having to endure the stampede to get out of the park.

KarenScott
01-05-2004, 20:21
Caroline
Thanks for the report. Sounds good. Do you think it is worth the money? Did you need park entrance?
Regards
Karen

caroline
01-05-2004, 21:07
Hi Karen

Yes I thought it was worth the money and no you don't need park entrance.