PDA

View Full Version : Best Time to travel

TeddyB
23-02-2004, 17:17
Hi im due to take my family for the first time to Florida next year 2005 and i plan to go last week in May and the first week of june. I am a little unsure of going these two weeks as alot of people dont advise to go anytime in june. I would appreciate it if anyone could clarify whether or not going these two weeks is a bad idea, Thanks

jeffc
23-02-2004, 17:34
i think the only reason people say dont come in the end of may start of june is the floida schools break up the middle of may so the parks start to get busy but if you leave it longer you start and pay more from the uk with the school holiday season starting then.. weather wise its starting to get warm and humid but its still nice..

neilbrunton
23-02-2004, 17:42
I would advise going early May. We went last year end of May beginning of June and the US schools broke up at the end of May. The main problem is that the last week of term most schools have trips to the parks. On the day we went to IOA almost half the people in the park were school kids running riot.

bellaepovera
23-02-2004, 18:13
Yes the beginning of May is beautiful and the weather is wonderful!! Parks not so crowded and probably airline flights are cheaper at this time of the year.

Bamboo Benny
23-02-2004, 19:13
A great time of year is November-December. Temps are around 75-80 degrees and the theme parks are often less crowded. You can get good deals on car hire and flights also.

Depends if you like to red hot or not. Late May and June will be hot with quite high humidity.

We just got back in December last year and it was perfect. If I were you I'd go then. It would be cheaper aswell.

huckleberry house
23-02-2004, 19:46
Hi TeddyB
Sorry I answered you on your other post before I saw this.October half term would be my choice for quieter parks and the weather is still fantastic.

Lesley

Bamboo Benny
23-02-2004, 23:30
October will be steaming with people plus flights are more expensive. Not a wise choice.[msncry] Granted weather is good. Why go during half term along with everyone else? I have been over 30 times to Florida covering all year and November-December has allways been best value. The longest line we had was 25 mins covering all Disney Parks.

carolyne
24-02-2004, 13:41
We are going for 2 weeks in April this year. Only 1 week is in our easter hols break. Is it going to be chaotic that week? What is the weather like that time of year?

DMC
24-02-2004, 14:11
We tend to go the last week in April first week in May and then the middle 2 weeks in September, thereby avioding the UK school holidays.

The only issue with April and May is that the US Kids are all on Spring Break, which means that the Parks and the Hotels can get busy with loads of teenagers.

Therefore September is a good time to go to the parks.

As for the weather, April / May should be warm and sunny with temps in the mid 80's - there might be a chance of the odd afternoon shower.

September will be simmilar on the temperature front, but with more chance of a Thunderstorm in the afternoon.

Take the sun cream as the sun is very strong at both times of the year and an umbrella for those short sharp showers.

Olex
29-02-2004, 12:36
We're travelling to Orlando 8th March for 3 weeks, and this appears to be the last dates for off-peak travel. We've managed to get decent rates for flights with Virgin and we've been told the flights don't expect to be full ..... car hire was found through this site and was the cheapest I could find on the internet ( i could have got Alamo for £3 cheaper, but plumped for Dollar as I have always used them on trips to Florida [msncool] ) . We'll be staying at Southern Dunes in Haines City which is good for us as there's a golf course for me .. kiddies playground for the young ones, and very conveniently there's Walmart at the entrance so you could literally walk to do your shopping, but then you get stared at by the Americans who think you are 'mad dogs and Englishmen going out in the midday sun '!!!

I know the weather won't be 'scorching' but with two young children (Tomasz 21 mths, Alexandra 4 mths) the cooler weather will suit us :o)

Alex