PDA

View Full Version : bad & good locations

paras
24-05-2002, 18:23
are there any rental home locations that should be avoided.

esprit
24-05-2002, 22:31
I dont believe that there are any bad locations ( not on this website where they are mostly the newer developments anyway) but there are different locations and it depends very much what you are looking for.

If you want to be very close to Disney, the developments west of Disney such as Lindfields, Rolling Hills/Formosa Gardens/Wyndham Palms and those at the top end of highway 27 are all within a 10 minute drive from Disney. But many other people prefer an east of Disney location to be nearer the attractions and eating houses at the top end of 192 and the 24 hour Walmart and in fact these locations are only a few minutes further away from Disney anyway. Others will want a quieter location and will not mind a 25-30 minute drive to Disney and may opt to stay in a less touristy satellite area such as Lakeland, Clermont or Poinciana.

Then it depends on what you want on site. Some developments have a lake, their own golf course, tennis courts, even leisure centers and club houses, wheras others may not. Some will be established communities whilst others may still have houses being built and if building work would be a problem to you, that is a question to ask the villa owner. On the other hand, houses on developments which are still being built are likely to be newer so you have to weigh that up against the disadvantages. It's a hard choice, I know. All i can say is that most developments have their "fans" ( people who go back to that location year after year) and the likelihood is that you will like wherever you pick.

Julie Carty