PDA

View Full Version : hidden charges

paras
24-05-2002, 18:08
rental villas:when a homeowner give you a qoute to rent a villa are there any addtional payments to make when you go make the final booking i.e. taxes,insurance.

esprit
24-05-2002, 18:15
Pool heating will be extra unless the quote says it includes it. Also sales and tourist tax ( 10-12.5% depending on the county) - some owners include this and some do not. If it is a short booking, owners will often add the cleaning charge on top ( which can be anything between $50 and $90 depending on house size) I personally add it on bookings of 5 nights or less as it is not cost effective otherwise. On weekly bookings, it is usually included, as are gas, electricity and local phone calls.

Julie Carty

orlandobabe
24-05-2002, 18:16
That should all be discussed at the time of booking. If an enquiry comes via the net-I always like to talk to a potential guest so I send them my phone number or ring them if they have included theirs.

When I give a price per week-I will always say if it includes pool heat and taxes. Everything else is included in the price. That will also be stated on your booking form. Again you can always ask to confirm what it is you are paying for.

If everything is done properly you should not get any nasty surprises.

Orlandobabe