PDA

View Full Version : Mission

Ian Dee
21-02-2004, 01:19
dhas anyone heard of a development called Mission?
May be N of 192 H27[?]

hamptonlakes
21-02-2004, 01:39
I think there is one called Mission Park but not to sure[msnsmile2]

Ian Dee
21-02-2004, 01:57
hi wesley
any idea where that one is?[?]

brianh
21-02-2004, 02:04
Its on the 27, north of glenbrook and orange tree but on the opposite side of the 27

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-02-2004, 02:10
Hi there,

I think you might be referring to the new development situated off Indian Point's South Roma Way (Indian Point is a development about 4 miles south down Poincianna Boulevard). This development is behind Bass Lakes. I'm not totally sure but it was the site of a missionary school or misionary complex of some sort. Whan we we over at the begining of January part of it was being built on and another section cleared. There was a old school bus in the trees, it was painted white and had been re-named the peace bus.

Hope this is useful.

Sarah

jeffc
21-02-2004, 08:02
mission park is on the 27 next to weston hills..
the builder is engineered homes.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-02-2004, 11:24
Oh thanks for that Jeff

I was miles out[:I] I always wondered why I did Geography as my first degree!

Sarah

PS Apologies Ian on the wild goose chase.

AJ
25-02-2004, 05:18
Mission Park is as Jeff says on Route 27. You can find info on this by looking at say [website edited out]

Quanah
01-03-2004, 20:13
We are just back from florida, and have bought at Mission Park[msnwink]. It is 3 miles north of the 192 junction on US27 (opposite side to Orange Tree, about 1/2 mile further north.
The development sold out completly when we were out there, including the show models & parking lot.
It is due to be completed Oct04-Jan05, is gated and will have communal pool, cabana, kids playground, & basketball.
Not many developments with many new builds for sale at the moment, everywhere seams to be going really quick. Orange Tree phase 5 looks like they are hanging on as long as possible before releaseing, so they can increase prices as all other developments in the area sell out.
Happy Hunting,
Simon[msncool]

huckleberry house
01-03-2004, 20:39
Who bought the parking lot !!

Seriously though I dont know how new owners are going to compete given you are up against villas that cost maybe half the price with more mature gardens and without the disruption of building work but I suppose as long as people keep on paying the inflated prices the builders will keep on increasing them.

Lesley

chrizzy100
01-03-2004, 21:50
quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house

Seriously though I dont know how new owners are going to compete given you are up against villas that cost maybe half the price with more mature gardens and without the disruption of building work but I suppose as long as people keep on paying the inflated prices the builders will keep on increasing them.

Lesley

Having building work going on around a Villa you're staying in must be very off putting....the house was started behind us while we were closing on our house...if we'd had a pool with renters staying they would of been covered in brick dust for days on end.....so would the pool water.....it was everywhere.....I'm not doing a thing outside until the building around me stops.......I have to be honest and say I love watching the builders work.....all those strong tanned young men around were sure better to watch than repeats of Changing rooms.....[msnwink]....but if I were renting no being able to sit by the pool in peace would of made me unhappy......[msnsad]

Quanah
01-03-2004, 23:47
Thats like asking how any new business can compete with an established one , and yet it happens the world over, in all different businesses. (you never know what resources the new business have, or if new buyers even need to rent out).

Also the prices are driven by demand, not the builders , as they are with property/real estate everywhere in the world.

If your villa is worth twice what you paid for it, then it has been a good investment for you, as well a holiday home. Surely you dont begrudge others investing in the same market in which you have been successful?

And finally people can and will compete simply because it is there dream also, and wont be put of by negative comments, by existing owners who are after all competition.

Lesley

chrizzy100
02-03-2004, 02:18
quote:Originally posted by Quanah

Thats like asking how any new business can compete with an established one , and yet it happens the world over, in all different businesses. (you never know what resources the new business have, or if new buyers even need to rent out).

Also the prices are driven by demand, not the builders , as they are with property/real estate everywhere in the world.

If your villa is worth twice what you paid for it, then it has been a good investment for you, as well a holiday home. Surely you dont begrudge others investing in the same market in which you have been successful?

And finally people can and will compete simply because it is there dream also, and wont be put of by negative comments, by existing owners who are after all competition.

Lesley

Well I'm no competition....because I don't rent my home....I've watched the houses get smaller and the cost of buying get bigger.....if you're paying double the price...you may have a larger home loan.....and so more outgoing costs then someone whos been renting for a few years now.....if you have building work going on around your home.......you're not going to find it so easy to rent out.....people are not being negative...just honest......

Quanah
02-03-2004, 02:43
Mission Park is a small development, will be completly finished around the time our villa is ready, as we bought from the last dozen plots released. Every other sold out within days, so all have the same oct04-jan05 completion date. Shouldn't be a building site too long. [msnsmile]
I know what you mean though, we just stayed at southern dunes, and they are still building (from 0630 in the morning) and started in 1993.[msncry]
I understand the comments about prices, I wish I had bought years ago when they were cheaper, but then again, that goes for my home in the uk too, my car, man I can remember paying 80p a pint, I should have stocked up back then[msnwink]
Anyway all the best with your house. I class mine as a second home, and dont mind if I have to contribute to the upkeep, I would love to break even, but if I dont, I dont.[msncool]

quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

Lesley

Well I'm no competition....because I don't rent my home....I've watched the houses get smaller and the cost of buying get bigger.....if you're paying double the price...you may have a larger home loan.....and so more outgoing costs then someone whos been renting for a few years now.....if you have building work going on around your home.......you're not going to find it so easy to rent out.....people are not being negative...just honest......

chrizzy100
02-03-2004, 03:09
Its not the case so much that you should of stocked up on FL homes in the past when they were cheaper.....the point is you have to make sure your house is going to be one of the few homes in your area that will still be worth what you paid for it in the future ....only time will tell if homes will carry on going up...or if they'll drop like a stone.......

Quanah
03-03-2004, 00:25
The Property game is a long term investment, thats what some people misunderstand(not a recipe to get rich quick, as all these UK TV shows would have us all believe, Property ladder etc).
Its only the people who panic and sell up if prices drop that loose out, or the ones who didn't budget and cant cover the costs if rentals drop,or never happen.
As a long term, property has always been the safest place to maintain wealth, just ask the landed gentry, or any wealthy aristocrat.
It produces income, whilst growing in capital value, over the long term out performing the stock market, and any other invetment.
Someone speaking to you who bought years earlier, might have wondered how you would cover costs, but at the end of the day, it wasn't there place to be negative, or try to worry people who have just made a huge investment, or are thinking about doing it.
Not very constructive, or even helpful, & could scare some new owners half to death.

Its not the case so much that you should of stocked up on FL homes in the past when they were cheaper.....the point is you have to make sure your house is going to be one of the few homes in your area that will still be worth what you paid for it in the future ....only time will tell if homes will carry on going up...or if they'll drop like a stone.......

chrizzy100
03-03-2004, 01:09

The Property game is a long term investment, thats what some people misunderstand(not a recipe to get rich quick, as all these UK TV shows would have us all believe, Property ladder etc).
Its only the people who panic and sell up if prices drop that loose out, or the ones who didn't budget and cant cover the costs if rentals drop,or never happen.
As a long term, property has always been the safest place to maintain wealth, just ask the landed gentry, or any wealthy aristocrat.
It produces income, whilst growing in capital value, over the long term out performing the stock market, and any other invetment.
Someone speaking to you who bought years earlier, might have wondered how you would cover costs, but at the end of the day, it wasn't there place to be negative, or try to worry people who have just made a huge investment, or are thinking about doing it.
Not very constructive, or even helpful, & could scare some new owners half to death.

At the prices some people are paying for homes...I think they need a wake up call.....when I got my home in FL I had no worries about covering cost because I was selling one home to buy another.....that was not to be.....I now own 2 homes in holiday places.....I've seen the ups and downs of owning homes in areas like this over the last few years.....if my home on the Cape.....had carried on going up in value at the rate it did.....say 8 years ago..it would now be worth $600k.....but around that time people stopped buying holiday rental homes.......and the house prices dropped.......now everyone wants to buy again....and the houses will go up......but soon we'll hit the time when the people retiring nolonger have the $400k it takes to buy a small place here......and the locals can't find that kind of money.....so again house prices fall.......if the people living in the area are not earning the money....they can't even if they want to cover the price of a house that someone paid $300k for today....and who will want double for it in years to come.....your house will only be worth what the market will bear....once the TV shows start coming on showing the people losing everything after buying a home.....the Brit buyers could dry up.....and it could take years and years before you get back on track....if you buy your home at a fair price.....around $180k...give or take......and think that you will get 3% growth on that most years......then OK....but thinking like a lot of people seem to think that their homes will carrying on going up $30k every few months.....well thats not going to happen as far as I can see....I would love it too......I have a house in the area I almost own outright..so I'd love for this growth to carry on forever...but I see it as a big bubble waiting to burst....I don't understand why people ask for advice and then say that the people who give it are being negative.......I found the people here to be helpful.....they give good advice....they give their time freely.....they are honest....if what they say is not want you want to hear that can't be helped......

Quanah
03-03-2004, 03:59
I didn't ask for help, I was simply trying to be helpful by giving infomation that was asked for by Ian Whitley regarding Mission Park. I certainly didn't expect to be spoken to as if I were a mug, having just bought in FL.
You are right, most people are very friendly and give excellant advice on this forum. :D
Both your comments and Huckleberrys directed towards me , were both insulting, and unhelpfull , and therefore unwelcome. [:o)]
We can all speculate on how the market is going to perform, but as I dont have a crystal ball, I dont try to pretend to be an expert. ;)
I just want a second home in the sun, the same as everyone on here. I just dont need some self proclaimed "expert", telling me I'm stupid , or paid too much, or bought at the wrong time or whatever.[V]
In fact I wasn't even asking for advice, or giving, just answering someones query, & trying to help the guy out.:(

[quote]quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

At the prices some people are paying for homes...I think they need a wake up call.....when I got my home in FL I had no worries about covering cost because I was selling one home to buy another.....that was not to be.....I now own 2 homes in holiday places.....I've seen the ups and downs of owning homes in areas like this over the last few years.....if my home on the Cape.....had carried on going up in value at the rate it did.....say 8 years ago..it would now be worth $600k.....but around that time people stopped buying holiday rental homes.......and the house prices dropped.......now everyone wants to buy again....and the houses will go up......but soon we'll hit the time when the people retiring nolonger have the $400k it takes to buy a small place here......and the locals can't find that kind of money.....so again house prices fall.......if the people living in the area are not earning the money....they can't even if they want to cover the price of a house that someone paid $300k for today....and who will want double for it in years to come.....your house will only be worth what the market will bear....once the TV shows start coming on showing the people losing everything after buyin

huckleberry house
03-03-2004, 08:53
Quanah

I will apologise if my comments have made you feel stupid,they were mainly aimed at your comments regarding the builders holding off their release so that they could increase prices yet again.I can not apologise for my views on the cost of new builds.These are fuled largely by purchasers from the Uk looking to buy because of the strong pound/dollar exchange rate at the moment and as long as purchasers keep on paying the high charges then they will keep on going up,whether the high prices will continue after the dollar regains strength is something we can only speculate on.Many people read the posts on the forum not just those that have posted and all comments have to cover the general situation and cannot allow for individuals circumstances or financial situation.The downsides to purchasing a new build should be taken into account by any potential purchaser and I do not see anything wrong in so doing.

Lesley

Quanah
03-03-2004, 14:27
Thanks, Apology accepted.
You are right about the strong pound /dollar situation, and the builders response to it.
The market has on a whole grew tremendously over the last few years however, 13 million tourists in 1992 to 43 million in 2003. Will this continue to rise is anyones guess, but the local population is growing by 1200 every week, so property prices will continue to rise for the short term at least. After that who knows, but I'm willing to take the chance it will at least not drop lower than we have payed. As you well know most who has visited Orlando want to come back, and recomend to friends etc. So I see no reason that the market for property/rentals/vacations cannot continue to grow which in the end is good for us all.
Also when you see what you can get villa wise for your money compared with say mediteranean, it is still far better value, and does not have a limited rental season as most of the med does.
Best wishes with the rentals, and good luck with your investment.

Quanah

I will apologise if my comments have made you feel stupid,they were mainly aimed at your comments regarding the builders holding off their release so that they could increase prices yet again.I can not apologise for my views on the cost of new builds.These are fuled largely by purchasers from the Uk looking to buy because of the strong pound/dollar exchange rate at the moment and as long as purchasers keep on paying the high charges then they will keep on going up,whether the high prices will continue after the dollar regains strength is something we can only speculate on.Many people read the posts on the forum not just those that have posted and all comments have to cover the general situation and cannot allow for individuals circumstances or financial situation.The downsides to purchasing a new build should be taken into account by any potential purchaser and I do not see anything wrong in so doing.

Lesley

juan
05-03-2004, 21:26
interesting views and heated discussions[msnsmile2]. i have had a serious look at the market. i went out three weeks ago with a serios intention of buying, but i was perturbed by the buying frenzy.i felt that yes there will be a bubble burst for whatever reason, to have a peak you have to trough thats natural . its jumping on board at the right time . my feelings were alot depends on the personal reason for buying and to what length of time you will actually get the use yourself. if its just for the fact of saying you own a holiday home for your three weeks a year holiday and rental income well i dont know you can find a good hotel deal, no licences to pay no pools to clean, no dodgy management companies , no sleepless nights ! on saying that i would buy the right place in the right area but i want to get to know the place a bit and look around carefully not be swpt along with the frenzy. perhaps when im ready to change my lifestyle and spend agood three months there is the time or prepared to work hard at renting it myself in the meantime, would that be classed as a hobby though or work ! dont know if im getting my point over[msntongue]

benfilo
06-03-2004, 03:22
my house is due to be finished in May (hopefully) and i mus admit I'm a bit worried about the bubble bursting,but only in the short term. Since I put a deposit on my home the prices have risen a fair bit , so if they only stay at this level it gives me a bit of a safety net if it doesn't work out and I have to sell in a couple of years( I know there are hefty charges so this is a last resort)
However in the long term i'm not too concerned , I know it's a different country but I've been thinking about the housing market in the UK. Since the late 80's we've had a couple of bursting bubbles (and maybe due for one), but house prices have risen by 8 or 9 % on average , this is a ball park figure I've worked out myself on homes we've owned,I'm sure someones got the official figure.
Anyway what this long winded old git is on about ( I remember 24p a pint)is that I am confident that in the long term the house prices will rise , eventualy making it a sound investment.
I also remember a 3bed pool home being about £55000 fully furnishe about 11 or 12 years ago
good luck to all

Ian Dee
22-03-2004, 00:31
Well thanks for all that[msnsmile2][msnoo]
At least i know where Mission Park is! Some one I know of, not a close thing, said they had bougt at Mission and 'I only asked'

I am either delighted with my purchase at Calabay Parc, or a bit of a twit[msncry] depending on which of the above comments I read. At the end fhe day the comment about market forces is correct - I think![msnembarrased]
Great forums. [msntongue][msntongue]more more