PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

wrightbuxton
14-12-2014, 17:30
Hello

Can anyone give some suggestions on what to do on New Years Eve. Don't really want to go to a park because I believe you have to get in really early and stay until 12 because they reach capacity and 'close the gates'.

We've been to Celebration, which we really enjoyed.

Our teenage daughter will be with us and short of just going for a meal we wanted to see if there is something different to try.

Many thanks
Julie

florida4sun
14-12-2014, 17:41
Kissimmee Lake front os good fun and has the largest fireworks show. You will be able to get into the parks at anytime. Its the parking that reaches capacity. So if you can find somewhere else to park and walk to the gates then you will get in.

SDJ
15-12-2014, 12:54
We went to MK at 1000pm on NYE after a meal at Gaylord Palms. We had no problem getting in or parking so guess we were lucky. Atmosphere at midnight was brilliant and the park stayed open until 0200am and most people left after the fireworks so we enjoyed all the rides without queues. Disney also dished out hot chocolate and 10 cookies each as we passed one of their kiosks!! Never known Disney give out free stuff!!! Really great evening.

DisneyFunVilla
15-12-2014, 15:13
The best fireworks I have ever seen were NYE at Epcot. It was a mad house getting out, though; so personal preference on whether or not it's worth it.

SDJ
15-12-2014, 17:17
The best fireworks I have ever seen were NYE at Epcot. It was a mad house getting out, though; so personal preference on whether or not it's worth it.

We were at MK until 0200!!! We had to be one of the few people left and possibly the oldest people in the park!!! No problem when we left as very few people still around. It was great. Have not done the Epcot on NYE and expect they were just as amazing.

After 13 weeks of Florida I will be back in US for a very cool and freezing NYE!!!!!

steph_goodrum
16-12-2014, 03:41
We went to MK at 1000pm on NYE after a meal at Gaylord Palms. We had no problem getting in or parking so guess we were lucky. Atmosphere at midnight was brilliant and the park stayed open until 0200am and most people left after the fireworks so we enjoyed all the rides without queues. Disney also dished out hot chocolate and 10 cookies each as we passed one of their kiosks!! Never known Disney give out free stuff!!! Really great evening.

And they gave out hats and trumpet blowers at MGM when we were there one year.

mary and colin
16-12-2014, 07:37
We are hoping to be in Florida one New years eve, it sounds lovely in all of the parks. Won't be for a few more years yet unless that lottery comes up and we retire !

Going over in November has been really good seeing everything decorated for Christmas, it is done so well.

Mary

Lyn
18-12-2014, 16:32
Kissimmee Lake front os good fun and has the largest fireworks show. You will be able to get into the parks at anytime. Its the parking that reaches capacity. So if you can find somewhere else to park and walk to the gates then you will get in.

Don't know about NYE but we went once on 4th July and MK was so full that the park was closed even to hotel guests. When the park is that full it is not, in my opinion, any fun at all.