PDA

View Full Version : Weddings

fiona
24-05-2002, 14:29
For those who are looking to get married on Florida I found a new website which may be of interest:

http://www.lovechapel.co.uk/

Fiona

tinkerbell
24-05-2002, 16:45
I'd be interested in finding out more about this underwater wedding business! I know you have to have a diving cert. but it'd be worth it! I love diving!!

I also heard about a hotel in the Keys that is underwater???

Tink

bonnie
24-05-2002, 16:56
Tink, there is private club that I know of on the water, but I don't know of any underwater. It was just recently profiled on T.V as a private elite club members only kind of deal. Bonnie

orlandobabe
24-05-2002, 18:24
We have just arranged a wedding for our daughter. You need to go to the courthouse with your passports for a licence (expect to pay about $80), our minister is $55 this is for an all faith simple outdoor ceremony. They have booked a night in hotel and the wedding in the garden is $100 plus cost of the night's stay.

We've arranged a reception. Just getting a wedding cake from Publix-they do some simple designs-if you look for them-and as they only do sponge here -it is costing less than $25.
We are going to do our own flowers-as I like to 'mess on' and I'm not telling you what she paid for her dress-but it's a beautiful dress and a fraction of what it would cost in the uk.

We've organised it in less than 2 days-and as there is only a few family members coming-expense is minimal. It should be a simple. eleggant ceremony-on hopefully a beautiful summer day!

Orlandobabe

JB
18-05-2003, 03:15
I was married in Cypress Gardens 2 1/2 years ago. Arranging it couldn't have been easier. Contact Caroline at Cypress Gardens who will send you all the details with prices. We Paid $250 + the Ministers fee. For that price it allowed up to 10 guests entry and provided the most Magnificent backdrop you could ever wish for. You and your guests are free to spend however long you want touring the gardens and getting those all important photographs that make it such a memorable experience. As a photographer I can tell you it makes all the difference in the world to be able to make use of the most spectacular setting you could wish for.
We held our reception back at our villa by the pool and later went out for a meal. The whole experience was so laid back and enjoyable I would recommend it to anyone. Feel free to contact me if you want more details.

blott
18-05-2003, 03:26
I hate to tell you this JB but Cypress Gardens closed down just before Easter so you will have had a fairly unique wedding as there will not be any more there.

JB
18-05-2003, 03:35
Thanks for the info, very sad to hear the news though - anyone want to buy some unique wedding photographs?

blott
18-05-2003, 03:37
Well, hopefully they're unique to you anyway and you managed to get your wedding in. ;) We were all very sad when it closed (see http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3636&SearchTerms=cypress,gardens)