PDA

View Full Version : Hello Florida!

boris_thespider
20-02-2004, 07:23
It's so cold up north...brrr! My wife and I live near Niagara Falls, New York and we can't wait until we retire in Florida. We love the beach, warm weather and I just started playing golf a couple of years ago so Florida would suit us just fine. We still have some time to decide where we want to live, so we've been doing as much research as we can on the internet. So everybody, here's chance to let us know your favorite places and your least favorite places and why. Now, we know that living close to the beach and affordability don't always go hand in hand. But, we would love to be within a few minutes of the ocean. So, if there are any communities that are still a bargain for beach-lovers...be sure to include them. Thanks everyone...can't wait to join you all in the Sunshine State![msncool]
Mike & Geri

kaysvacationvilla
20-02-2004, 08:05
Welcome to the forum! We live in Massachusetts and we are in Vermont this week for a ski vacation. I know....hard to belive that we own a home in Florida, but are vacationing in Vermont.

I think you will find that the prices of homes in Florida are much cheaper than in the North East.

Kay

kevinprewett
20-02-2004, 11:47
Welcome to the forum,
I'm sure you'll find many experts willing to share their knowledge & info with you[msncool][msncool]

chrizzy100
20-02-2004, 20:10
quote:Originally posted by boris_thespider

It's so cold up north...brrr! My wife and I live near Niagara Falls, New York and we can't wait until we retire in Florida. We love the beach, warm weather and I just started playing golf a couple of years ago so Florida would suit us just fine. We still have some time to decide where we want to live, so we've been doing as much research as we can on the internet. So everybody, here's chance to let us know your favorite places and your least favorite places and why. Now, we know that living close to the beach and affordability don't always go hand in hand. But, we would love to be within a few minutes of the ocean. So, if there are any communities that are still a bargain for beach-lovers...be sure to include them. Thanks everyone...can't wait to join you all in the Sunshine State![msncool]
Mike & Geri

Call me a chicken but I like living inland.....not that there's much inland here on Cape Cod.....but I live in the biggest middle bit....:D
I want a storm to have slowed down before it gets to me.....so living near a beach here or in FL is something I'm not sure about.....I can always drive to the beach......which is better then finding the beach in your living room after a storm.....Ok I watch to much storm TV......hehehehehe

holidayflorida
20-02-2004, 22:55
hi everyone, just joined the forum.
I owned a villa in florida for 2 years before getting a job offer and we are now moving lock stock and barrel to orlando in June.
Has anybody got accodation avalible for 2nd June to 28th July 2004, preferably terraverde.
[msncool]

blott
20-02-2004, 23:04
Hi holidayflorida

Welcome to the forum. Lucky you and good luck in your new job!

Home owners aren't allowed to respond to requests for accommodation on the forum - not only is this unfair to home owners who don't use the forum regularly but you could receive an offer of accommodation from an unverified home not advertised on this site. If you do receive one without a valid home reference number, please let John or Roger at info@orlandovillas.com know.

If you click on the top links on the top of the forum for Orlando Villas · Florida Villas · Orlando Vacation Homes and send a request for accomodation giving your requirements, you'll receive replies from any home owners with your specified dates etc available. Note that each of the websites have different homes so, to get the choice of everything that's available, make a request on each website.

holidayflorida
21-02-2004, 20:27
Thanks Blott, i'll get onto it right away

regards
roger