PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney 2014

carolmc
18-08-2014, 06:58
When we visited in June it was almost impossible to get parking, with all the building works, at Downtown Disney and when we did the crowds were really "squeezed" into small walkways between hoardings!!

Has this improved recently??

vickk
18-08-2014, 15:36
We were thinking of going today. We asked a local in the cafe and he said its got a lot worse and don't bother

carolmc
18-08-2014, 15:41
Oh dear...wonder how long this building work is scheduled to last?

vickk
18-08-2014, 15:58
I would steer clear of the north end of I drive as roadworks near the outlet mall and wet n wild are causing horrendous holdups

carolmc
18-08-2014, 16:09
They had started those when we were over in June and it was bad the so I can only imagine what it's like now during high season.

Tony G
18-08-2014, 17:44
When I was last there, it was horrible. The car park keeps getting smaller each time I go.

I can't believe how long it's taken to build one parking garage.

DisneyFunVilla
24-08-2014, 15:31
No improvement yet. I was there yesterday to see Expendables 3 (very good, btw). Here are a couple of photos I took while there:

Andrena
24-08-2014, 18:45
Don't see much change from when we want home mid-May! They must be on a go slow!

SDJ
24-08-2014, 22:28
It was like that last November!!!

christhear
24-08-2014, 23:14
We went today, did manage to park but couldn't upgrade our old disney tickets as their ticket system was down. This was the only reason we went so pretty annoying being stuck in all that traffic for no reason. Wanted to book fast passes in advance, might try again but its pretty frustrating driving round there

wilfy
22-11-2014, 20:42
Update - the large multi storey parking is now open. They are only using the ground and half of the next floor up at the moment. Congestion is a pain getting into the area until they get some more groundwork completed. We spoke to someone outside the car-park, who says they hope to have that done by christmas.

Nice feature inside the car-park (when it's working) is there are some lights above each parking space, which will show red when the space is occupied and green when it's available.

The old nightclub area is mostly fenced off and it will be next year before all of this is completed.

One new feature (when it's completed) they have built a "bridge" to connect the rain-forest cafe end of the area back to the lego/T-Rex restaurant.

One feature that Sarah is disappointed with - the free Ghiradelli chocolates that they hand out, are now the "mini" size.

E. Cosgrove
22-11-2014, 22:37
We went today, no improvement since we there in June in fact it seemed worse walkways quite muddy in places due to the rain:(

kerrigan
23-11-2014, 03:41
Do you think there'll be a charge to use the car park?
Hazel.

Gerry Reed
23-11-2014, 06:55
Hazel.

I wondered about that or a time limit, as I think some people park all day and use Disney transport to the parks (via hotels) to avoid paying at the parks. When we first went to Florida about 14 years ago, it was easy to find a space at Downtown and it is really only in the last 5 years that parking has become difficult.

Sue

autumnc
23-11-2014, 09:37
it is really only in the last 5 years that parking has become difficult.
Sue

Good call on the 5 years. There were 46.6 million visitors to Orlando in 2009 and it has increased steadily to 59 million visitors in 2013. All those extra millions looking for parking spaces!

wilfy
23-11-2014, 12:45
Hazel.

for now, i would say no as there didn't look like any booth's being built around the entrance.