PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

Bigblue35
21-07-2014, 20:43
I just read today that there was a 5hr wait for this ride! It hadn't opened when we were there in May but I can't imagine waiting that long for anything.

Tony G
21-07-2014, 21:24
That was the peak wait time in the opening week. I've heard it averages between 90mins to around 180mins, although it does rise at busy times.

It's bad... but it's not that bad (hopefully!).

Tony G
21-07-2014, 21:50
My apologies, I got my facts a little muddled. The ride has peaked at around 7.5 hours, but most people are reporting daily wait times of around three hours.

I'd wait three hours for a brand new attraction if my holiday rested on seeing it. I'd have to prepare the kids first, though!

Gerry Reed
22-07-2014, 05:32
Hopefully it will be a bit quieter when we are next in Orlando !

Sue

freddiehollie
22-07-2014, 16:54
Quote :- "Hopefully it will be a bit quieter when we are next in Orlando !"

That will be about 2020 then;-(;-(

stabard
06-08-2014, 17:18
Good g rief - sorry but no ride is worth that kind of wait.

steph_goodrum
06-08-2014, 19:28
My cousin waited 3 hrs last week although it should only have been 2 but there was some sort of delay and they stayed in the same spot for an hour. She did say it was worth it though (and she is over 60:))

LFCGeorge
08-08-2014, 13:47
I wanted to queue last week but when we tried we got told the ride had reached its capacity. Although the general wait is 3 hours.

florida4sun
08-08-2014, 13:58
The best thing for new rides is to arrive at the parks early and make a beeline for that ride. If you do it at the beginning of your vacation jet lag will be in your favour :)

Big_Momma
11-08-2014, 15:38
I'm hoping by the end of September when were there, that the queues will have shortened a bit!!

Gerry Reed
11-08-2014, 16:18
Do you access the ride from Universal or IOA ?

Sue

Tony G
11-08-2014, 19:53
Escape from Gringotts is in Diagon Alley, which is in Universal Studios. You can take the Hogwarts Express train between the two 'lands', but you need a park hopper ticket to go from one to the other.

Gerry Reed
11-08-2014, 20:25
Anyone done the Hogwarts express ? Is it open yet ? If so, what is it like ? I am a real coward when it comes to rides and don't like anything that spins, drops, or roller coasters etc. However I don;t want to be left in one park while the rest of the family go to the other park - via the express.

Sue

steph_goodrum
11-08-2014, 23:07
Anyone done the Hogwarts express ? Is it open yet ? If so, what is it like ? I am a real coward when it comes to rides and don't like anything that spins, drops, or roller coasters etc. However I don;t want to be left in one park while the rest of the family go to the other park - via the express.

Sue

I think it is a train ride experience from what I've heard, but even if you decide you dont want to go on it, it will only take you a couple of minutes to walk from one park to the next so you can meet them easily.

dawn
12-08-2014, 02:41
It is a train ride - very good and very well done - you will be fine.

hacoates
12-08-2014, 06:19
What about the Escape from the Gringotts. Is that a roller coaster as described by Sue. I'm the same I'm afraid.

Gerry Reed
12-08-2014, 06:52
I think it is and well beyond me I'm afraid. Hazel, have a look at u tube, lots of the rides are on there so you can make up your own mind. I have just found the Hogwart express and as has been said it looks fine - just a train ride with a 'film' showing at the window. Always pleased to find a new ride that I can do as most of the new ones are too hairy for me ! Last time we went to Orlando we had our pregnant DIL with us, so I had company on the non- moving seats etc !

Sue

dawn
12-08-2014, 11:16
Haven't done Escape from Gringotts yet - we are not very good at queuing - 45 mins tops. Am hoping next week will be a bit quieter.

DisneyFunVilla
12-08-2014, 13:26

Sue

Not only is Hogwarts Express open, Sue, it's already had is millionth rider!

Macka
12-08-2014, 17:50
People actually queue for 7.5 hours? Did I read that right? 7.5 hours?

Macka
12-08-2014, 17:51
7.5 hours?

Macka
12-08-2014, 17:52
Seven hours. and thirty Minutes?

florida4sun
13-08-2014, 09:23
Yes I know but do keep in mind that for some folks Disney World a is a once in a lifetime visit and folks are crazy of the Harry Potter stuff too. There really is no need to be stuck in the queue for that long, just make the effort to get to the park early and avoid weekends. Stroll in mid morning new rides will always be queuing around the block.

Seven hours. and thirty Minutes?

DisneyFunVilla
13-08-2014, 13:23
Macka's right, though. You really do have to think about your return on investment. Seven hours, thirty minutes for what? A one or two minute ride? I wouldn't wait in a line that long for a one or two minute ride on the actual Starship Enterprise!

Macka
14-08-2014, 06:56
Macka's right, though. You really do have to think about your return on investment. Seven hours, thirty minutes for what? A one or two minute ride? I wouldn't wait in a line that long for a one or two minute ride on the actual Starship Enterprise!

Oooooh, now, I'd have to seriously consider that.

Macka
15-08-2014, 07:45
Seriously though, 7 hours is half the day. At $100 a day that's $50 for the privilege of waiting 7 hours? Four of you? 200 bucks. Sorry, but if I may use the colloquialism, you gotta be nuts.

domster
15-08-2014, 08:18
What you will notice is other rides will be quieter. I do think 3 hours is excessive, 7 hours is stupid. The queue must have gone half way round the park. Might be worth buying the fastpass ticket. Not sure this will cut queue mind on that ride.

taylona
15-08-2014, 13:58
We went a few days ago and the wait said 105 minutes but we only waited 90 minutes including a 10 minute breakdown. Worth the wait if you like rides and HP.

DisneyFunVilla
15-08-2014, 16:51
What you will notice is other rides will be quieter. I do think 3 hours is excessive, 7 hours is stupid. The queue must have gone half way round the park. Might be worth buying the fastpass ticket. Not sure this will cut queue mind on that ride.

Apparently, the Express Pass is not valid on this attraction.

freddiehollie
17-08-2014, 11:36
Ah but... Is the attraction the ride or the queue??????

When HP first opened all those years ago, we wandered through, but didn't do the rides, far to long queue:-(

We did the rides last October when staying on site:-)

The same will happen (& did last week) with Gringotts, we just wandered through to see the sites.

No way would I queue that long for any ride.

DisneyFunVilla
17-08-2014, 14:08
That's a fair point. All of the parks are doing a decent job of making the queues more entertaining, fun, and relevant to the attraction.

chris
12-10-2015, 00:40
I was really scared about trying out this ride as I hate roller coasters and thought it was one. It is actually much more like spiderman or transformers and is really good.

andy_d
13-10-2015, 19:29
We're going on Friday and got a plan. Done it last year and it works perectly - we arrive at the park for 8am and go straight to Gringots Bank and more or less walk on, then we take the Hogwarts Express to Islands of adventure and by the time we get to the other Harry Potter ride the queue is about 30 minutes. By 9am we have done all 3 and can relax and enjoy the the rest of the day without massive queues.