PDA

View Full Version : forgot to introduce myself!

thumpertwinkle
19-02-2004, 12:50
<center></center>Hi All,

I found this gem of a site several weeks ago whilst searching the net for a vacation villa and it has proved to be invaluable.[msnwink]

I didn&#39;t notice the welcome to the forum pages at the time, so I will introduce myself now, better late than never.[:I]

I live with my husband and three daughters in the north-west of England, Wigan actually, don&#39;t know if any of you have heard of our famous pier!:D

My husband has wanted to go to Florida since being a child, the children have wanted to go for years and so have I. We were called going two years ago in a huge party, friends and children, about seven couples, but one by one they dropped out[msncry] and we ended up doing the usual European holidays. But last year whilst on holiday my husband put his foot down and said we are NOT going away again unless it is to Florida. So that&#39;s where were up to, planning our, hopefully, unforgettable holiday of a lifetime.[msnsmile2]

I would just like to add, owning a villa sounds like a dream, but after reading some of the messages on here, I didn&#39;t realize there was so much work involved.

huckleberry house
19-02-2004, 13:16
Hi Thumpertwinkle and a belated welcome to the forums.Ah the famous Wigan Pier, I know it well-I used to live in Skelmersdale and spent a large portion of my days at Wigan station,almost moved there once but the house fell through (the purchase not the house)
:D

Good on your husband for putting his foot down,you will not regret it for a second there is nowhere on earth like Florida,you may never want to "do Europe" again.
Good luck and happy planning:)

Lesley

bellaepovera
19-02-2004, 14:44
Hi Thumpertwinkle and welcome to the forums. You will find many homes to choose from on orlandovillas and the choice will be very hard as all the homes on here are just as lovely as the next. Happy hunting and if you have any questions just ask away!
By the way your husband has made the best choice as you vacation in Florida will be so memorable that you will want to come back year after year.

hamptonlakes
19-02-2004, 15:06
Hi Thumpertwinkle, welcome to the forum[msnsmile2]

I am just up the road in Liverpool, i have to agree with your husband i love florida and enjoy going on holiday here, i just wish i could get to go more often[msnsad]. I am glad you found this website because the advise on here is invaluable and there is always someone to answer your questions.

I wish you happy hunting and hope you find a great vacation home[msnsmile2]

kaysvacationvilla
19-02-2004, 16:51
WELCOME!!!!:D:D:D

Kay

thumpertwinkle
19-02-2004, 17:53
I have found a villa I love on this site, not booked yet though, awaiting verification for time off work, just hoping I won't be to late. It is very difficult making a decision though, I printed out the area map and write ups for the various communities, decided how far away I was willing to be and them read about each community and then narrowed it down to villa's within those communities. All the villa's are lovely but I just kept coming back to one in particular, originally we were going for a three bed, but as we only have three bedrooms at home and the children usually have to share one room when on holiday they begged us to get a four bed villa so they can have a room each, so I thought why not for how much extra it is.

Were only going next year as its going to cost soooo much with three children, and we have to pay adult fare for the flight for two of them and adult tickets for the parks for them all, so we are missing a holiday abroad this year to save up. We are going to my sisters caravan in Skegness!

kevinprewett
19-02-2004, 18:00
Welcome!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Ray&Sarah
19-02-2004, 21:49
Welcome to this invaluable wealth of information on Orlano and Florida. Whatever the question on this particular topic there is bound to be someone who can help, we joined last year but have only started posting in the last month and have found it to be more than helpful.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Cowboy
20-02-2004, 01:59
Welcome aboard thumpertwinkle.
Nice to know someone from my old town is on the forum. I was born,bred and reared north west of Wigan in New Springs. We still have friends at Aspull. Talking of Wigan Pier, my cousin did all the artistic work there. We don't go home much, now that my beloved Central Park is now Tesco's.
Mike.

Newhomebuyer
20-02-2004, 11:33
What a lot of people from around the North West have 'turned up' here.
First of all Welcome to you, Thumpertwinkle. I am living in Chipping near Preston but I came from Coppull, which is a smallish place towards Chorley.
I have not been around this forum long, but it has been a great discovery.
My family and I have been lucky enough, to have been to Florida quite a lot and I know you are going to have a great time. I am always excited for people who are going for the first time.

ianandsue
20-02-2004, 17:13
Hello Thumpertwinkle, just like us all once you have been to Florida you will never want to go anywhere else , theres so much to do fun and more fun!
There really is something for everyone.
Check out all the info and you will work out you cannot really do it all in one trip - and have to keep going back!
Sue