PDA

View Full Version : Supporters Club

annemarie
19-02-2004, 03:01
Hi Firstimer here - love the site - have found loads of info to help us on our first trip to Florida except my footy daft husband would like to watch the Celtic v Rangers match while we are holiday - Sunday 28 March(sad I know -but I get to do more shopping if we find somewhere)!!! Does anyone know of a Celtic supporters club in Orlando - we are staying at Sunset Lakes?

Beverley
19-02-2004, 03:24
Hi Anne Marie
I would suggest contacting various sports bars in the area you are staying.

The Cricketers Arms Pub shows lots of sports fixtures but I don't know specific games.
You can e-mail them for fixtures at phil@cricketersarmspub.com

They are located in the Mercado Shops on International Drive in Orlando, Florida.

:)

orlandobabe
19-02-2004, 03:25
No-but they do show some of the football games at the Rovers Return which is just near Kissimmee Old Town.

There's another pub close by (Fox and hounds?) that also put on football games.

orlandobabe
19-02-2004, 03:27
Whoops-we must have been typing at the same time. Forgot to say welcome to the Orlando Villas information boards.

If these matches are going to be screened-some might be ticket only. Hubby tried to see one in Oct-and the fans were hanging from the rafters (outside the pub) trying to get a squint at the screen.

It was ticket only and they had all sold out the day before!

annemarie
19-02-2004, 03:51
Thanks for the replies - I found the Orlando Celtic Supporters Association who show the games at TGI Fridays Front Row Sports Bar & Grill, 8126 International Drive - so I've contacted them to find out if it's being shown and if it's ticket only!!!

My extra shopping day looks more & more promising!!!

thanks

Lesley S
19-02-2004, 12:37
Have just seen your note, it is on International Drive, corner of Sandlake Road, you could go to the Belz shopping mall which is just down the road, The only problem if the match is on at 12.00 in the UK, it will be 7.00 am in the morning. The bar will be packed, and the shops will be shut. All the matches that Jamie have been to you have he has never had to buy a ticket, you pay I think it is either $10 or around that figure to watch the game, on the door.

Jamie is going there on the 7th March to watch Celtic v Rangers as well. It does get very busy.