PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good indian

dino
18-02-2004, 22:41
pls experts if u have come across a good indian. pls note that i am talking about a takeway around 192, pls let us know. pls do share ur experience with us.

mprince
18-02-2004, 22:52
Dino

I have to say this is the only cuisine I have found that is poor in Kissimmee area

Sorry I can't help

dino
18-02-2004, 22:57
nice to hear from u shelly, i hope u r well. i am prepared to travel 5miles further any suggestions.
dino

stavros47
18-02-2004, 23:24
We tried one on I drive just a bit down from Bennigans and wet & wild that was reasonable. Not sure I travel all the way from Kissimmee for it though[:p]

Newhomebuyer
18-02-2004, 23:36
The Punjab on West Vine Street is the only one that I have seen but never tried it.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-02-2004, 23:57
We've been to that one - food was ok but VERY expensive for what it was. We did not think the place was that clean either - the toilets were disgusting.

It may have improved since but I know we would never go back.

quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer

The Punjab on West Vine Street is the only one that I have seen but never tried it.

florida4sun
19-02-2004, 01:55
Afraid not, tried everyone I can find in the orlando area and they are all rubbish and VERY expensive. What I would give for a night in a Mosely Balti House[msntongue]

quote:Originally posted by dino

pls experts if u have come across a good indian. pls note that i am talking about a takeway around 192, pls let us know. pls do share ur experience with us.

stavros47
19-02-2004, 02:13
It was over 18mts ago when we were there, so don't take much notice of that post then.

dino
19-02-2004, 02:21
hi Martin, mosley balti house - has it any connections in orlando.

dino

fiona
19-02-2004, 03:22
We have tried quite a few - none worth going back to and nowhere near as good as our local takeaway. Now there's an idea for a business??

dino
19-02-2004, 21:42
hi Fiona, we need a good chef for this business as well, i cant cook but love to eat.

dino

fiona
19-02-2004, 23:19
have you been watching that programme in France? guy has moved out there, knows nothing abouyt indian cuisine but decided to go run an indian restaurant, I think it is on tonight!

dino
19-02-2004, 23:39
Hi Fiona, Funny couple, remind me of old US serial odd couple, havent seen the new series but will watch it today for tips, i can do some curry but my wife is hopeless with it, dont u ever tell her of what i have just told u if u ever meet her.

i remember the other guy who falls in love each time he see a french women . fell in love and was dining and suddenly her ex-boyfriend came in , the look on this guy's face was hilarious, another on was when nippi went hunting and had a bright orange head gear- defence for him just in case french couldnt shoot. history dictates. because i can understand the language, some bits nippi says are really funny.
if all goes well and i hope one day to start a good posh place with good food for the love of food and not make it a business , thats what is missing at 192 and one day.... may be just may be...

dino

ps- i have got my second star today.

mikewj
19-02-2004, 23:46
We visited an All You Can Eat Indian buffet on Orange Blossom Trail a couple of years ago. The food wasn't brilliant, but it was cheap and cheerful.

Not sure whether its still open tho', it was very quiet when we went.

Unfortunately I cant remember the name, but it wasn't far from Costco, on the opposite side of the road.

lisag
21-02-2004, 19:53
Hi All,
My hubby and I have been addicted to Balti ever since we moved to Birmingham 7 years ago - but could never find good Indian Food at all in Orlando. Yes there are several Indian Restaurants already but they are not in the same league as the great British Balti!

And so I have a confession to make to you all ................

Hubby decided last year to open a Balti House in Kissimme to serve all the British holiday makers and to try to convert the locals - so they can see what they are missing!

So he has been hard at work since last May in setting the whole thing up - many, many long nights and - I can tell you - much heartache. But finally his big dream will come true this August when he opens up for business.

I know the boards are not for advertising so I will not mention it again - but everyone on the board is certainly welcome to try out their first meal for free.

ITMT - perhaps you could help with one problem hubby has not yet solved. He has the Premise, and the staff, and the E2 visa and the trading company, etc - but he can't finally decide on the trading name :
Current favourites :
1) British Balti Company ( BBC ! )
2) Birmingham Balti House
3) Balti Heaven

Lisa

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-02-2004, 21:30
Sounds great Lisa - #3 would be my favourite there [msnsmile2].

I'd like to personally wish you all the best with the venture as it sounds a sure-fire winner. Whereabouts are the premises?

LesleyB
21-02-2004, 21:59
Balti Heaven sounds really good. We are over in October and will definitely look out for you.

Don't forget to post your final decision on the name (and directions of course).

Lesley [msnsmile2]

george
21-02-2004, 22:32
Still searching for a good Indian but what about a good chilli?
Americans go for tex/mex which is not as hot as we like . Any suggested restaurants that can meet our need. If not we will have to carry Tabasco as well as Colmans mustard for the steaks!

dino
22-02-2004, 00:42
Lisa, u have made my day, this will be my sixth star for orlando if the food is good, direction will help, bbc - wont be able to forget after a few drinks, then what's in a name. best of luck and hope to see u soon.
dino

dbrook
22-02-2004, 00:51
Lisa,

You could have made my husband a very happy man! Will be giving it a try in December when we are next over:D

Balti Heaven would be my choice of name

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-02-2004, 01:24
Sarah says why not call it "Bostin' Balti" - I think you'd have to be from the Birmingham area to understand that one though [msnwink].

I think the one with the word British in the name is a mistake as you are automatically limiting your market.

caroline
22-02-2004, 01:56
Balti Heaven sounds good - don't forget to let us know when its open for business :)

george
22-02-2004, 03:07
Lisa
Orlando Balti 'even
OBE

Harmony
22-02-2004, 16:25
Hi Lisa,

Indian has been the one area of food found lacking in Kissimmee. Would certianly like to try you once up and running. Good Luck with the venture and let us know when open and where you are. I'm sure Jogn and Roger could let this bit of advertising through for a small fee i.e. a free curry [msnwink].

Jeff

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-02-2004, 19:02
LOL - what a good idea Jeff [msnwink].

quote:Originally posted by Harmony

I'm sure Jogn and Roger could let this bit of advertising through for a small fee i.e. a free curry [msnwink].

Jeff

esprit
22-02-2004, 19:20
Where's it going to be located? Near me I hope. And will you be going over as well. Lisa, as you only mention hubbie. I miss a good Indian and it could well be a local hangout for all us Brits in need of a good chicken korma. If you need any advice on E2 type things, where to get insurances etc, please feel free to pm me. I wish you all the luck in the world as this is a not an easy path you have taken.
PS Are you having a dumpster out back? If so, please contact me as I may have a business propostion for you.

Mr G
23-02-2004, 16:14
Lisa,
have you a date in August yet. I know these things drag on but we are out there from 9th to 30th August and I'd hate to miss out on a decent curry!.
Good luck in your venture.

Bigblue33
23-02-2004, 17:10
I like Balti,who doesn't? But I would have to say my fav Indian dish is....South Indian Garlic Chili Chicken....your mouth will love you for the rest of your life...even if your bum doesn't! [}:)]

Don.

dino
23-02-2004, 23:03
good one Don, ur comment did get me to smile, is it the one that one remembers for a few days, i call it memories of india. i do walk a bit odd for a few days though.

dino

Tracey
24-02-2004, 00:28
Good luck Lisa, I agree with #3 name as well.

Our next trip is in August so I hope the timimg is right for your opening.

(hope you have some business cards handy, to place in the villa for advertising :D)

dino
07-03-2004, 13:02
hi Lisa, any updates as i will be there in june and hoping to check the food at ur place, i am a bit of curry expert myself(ha ha ah) and would like to check some curries out, do tell us about the chef and menus etc. we all are waiting for the announcement of u going live . so pls update us asap.

best of luck
dino

ps- could u let us know of the name u have decided on.

mr flibble
11-03-2004, 13:55
Hi Lisa:)
It has to be Balti Heaven:D:D:D
I don`t know weither to:D or [msncry]
A decent curry in the USA there is now nothing to
come back to the U.K.for.
However We will not be there until October.
Don`t forget poppadums and the chutney tray !!!!
Ian

Ana
11-03-2004, 14:12
Hi Lisa

We have a party of 16 going out from 3rd - 24th July. Would you like some guinea pigs??
We LOVE Indian food!!!

I like Balti Heaven too.

Good luck with this very worthwhile venture. [msnsmile]

11-03-2004, 17:40
Name number 3!

My hubby says he will be there on August 1st if you are open?

We arrive on the 31st July so hows that for keen!

Julie R

11-03-2004, 17:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lisag
Hi All,
My hubby and I have been addicted to Balti ever since we moved to Birmingham 7 years ago - but could never find good Indian Food at all in Orlando. Yes there are several Indian Restaurants already but they are not in the same league as the great British Balti!

And so I have a confession to make to you all ................

Hubby decided last year to open a Balti House in Kissimme to serve all the British holiday makers and to try to convert the locals - so they can see what they are missing!

So he has been hard at work since last May in setting the whole thing up - many, many long nights and - I can tell you - much heartache. But finally his big dream will come true this August when he opens up for business.

I know the boards are not for advertising so I will not mention it again - but everyone on the board is certainly welcome to try out their first meal for free.

ITMT - perhaps you could help with one problem hubby has not yet solved. He has the Premise, and the staff, and the E2 visa and the trading company, etc - but he can't finally decide on the trading name :
Current favourites :
1) British Balti Company ( BBC ! )
2) Birmingham Balti House
3) Balti Heaven

Lisa

[/quote]

P.S We all need the address!!!!

Jools
11-03-2004, 18:51
I like Balti Heaven too

I am one of the 16 as mentioned by Ana and would LOVE to be a guinea pig for you

Joolz
15-03-2004, 14:11
Balti Heaven sounds the best to me... dont forget to keep us updated Lisa....
Joolz

mr flibble
15-03-2004, 14:49
Hi[msnmad]
What is all this talk about Guinea Pigs !!!
You are not going to serve Tandoori Guinea Pigs in a
balti sauce are you[?]
Besides there`s not much meat on the drum stick[msnwink]
Stick to chicken & lamb
yours in diapproval
Ian
Chairperson of the S.O.G.P.T
Save our Guinea Pigs Trust[msnwink]

hej23
15-03-2004, 16:08
Lisa

We will be over in December and we will call and see you and get a curry. BBC sounds good

HEJ:D

dino
09-04-2004, 01:41
hi , i will be orlando on 26th april and would like an update on balti haven, would like directions from splendid china .

dino

debbie
09-04-2004, 02:00
Hi Lisa,
Is this venture still going ahead? I thought Florida was perfect before - but an Indian as well - wow! Will it be near Highway 27? (please)

hillgj1
04-05-2004, 14:46
Any more news on this? I am going 23rd of august until the 13th septemeber and am definatly up for a decent Balti. last time we went I got a Chinese Takeaway and it was awful. we are staying at kensington court Lindfields any ideas of better takeaways near here?

Thanks

G.

agod
05-05-2004, 04:44
Where is it then? like John, I also tried that one on the 192, it was appalling, we could hardly eat it, dirty, and the bill was $80 for 2 of us, never again, on the name I think you should avoid the word Balti, altogether as you do cut your market, we southerners do not know that name to well. The trouble with names is you try and be too clever and miss the bigger picture.

Why not call it what it is, The Curry House, and when we have all had a free curry for our efforts, and we give it the big thumbs up, OK, "The Best Curry House in Orlando"

ALan

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-05-2004, 12:38
I like it Alan [msnsmile2] <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by agod
Why not call it what it is, The Curry House, and when we have all had a free curry for our efforts, and we give it the big thumbs up, OK, "The Best Curry House in Orlando"

ALan
[/quote]

shazbat
05-05-2004, 14:22
Hi Lisa,
Thats great news--we have said for many years now that Orlando is in big need of a decent curry house--we've tried the existing ones and none are any good.We would definately advertise your restuarant to our villa guests.Whereabouts is the premesis?We are going out In November and will definately pop in.
Shazbat.

lisag
06-05-2004, 20:33
Sorry guys,

Kept missing this thread. Everything is still going to plan (don't tend to get too involved :)). We're over in August so I'll keep you all informed.

Will copy n paste all the threads to husband as he's away at the moment (which is why I'm sometimes in the dark!!)

THE best Curry House - god I certainly hope so!!!

Lisa

debbie
07-05-2004, 01:06
Hi Lisa,
We are going August too, so do you mean you will be up and running then?
Debbie.

Farida
08-05-2004, 20:21
Hi Lisa,
Have only just noticed this thread...but you have now made our family VERY HAPPY....and can we book for Boxing Day (table for 6-9, provisional of course!!)
Personally, ever if it isn't near Highway 27 my lot will travel to it!!

LesleyB
09-05-2004, 22:00
Hi Lisa

We are over in October - will you be up and running by then? and where will you be based? My other half does a mean curry and would love to try yours - please give us directions and we will definitely be there!

Lesley:D

shepaul
10-05-2004, 02:13
Hi Lisa,
Just read the thread, we are going in Oct & my hubby loves Indian.
Good luck with your new venture & your new life over there.
I agree with the rest Balti Heaven sounds good:)
Sheila

Sharon G
14-05-2004, 01:23
We are Big Curry fans and have tried a few in and around Orlando....nothing brilliant though!!

The last one we had was a takeaway from "Passage to India" at the 192 near to the junction of the 27!!
We ordered 2 curries and 2 portions of rice.........it came to $59[msneek][msneek][msneek][msneek][msneek]

Paul asked if the trays were made out of proper gold plate[msnembarrased]
He started to walk out of the restaurant (without the curry) before one of the waiters called him back and agreed to knock $10 off!!
Very expensive when you think we get one at home for £9 with a starter!!

Love to know where yours is Lisa!!!
We're next over in November so let us know.

Sharon