PDA

View Full Version : Flower Power Concert Series Schedule For Your Info

Dads_Taxi
18-04-2014, 02:18
Whilst at EPCOT yesterday was disappointed to find out we'd missed out on a Village People concert by a couple of days. This photo is the schedule for the series. The performances are in USA in the World Showcase. Hope this is of use to someone.

Would have loved to heard Go West "live"

Macka
18-04-2014, 04:51
Had to laugh at this Dave, sorry, never heard anyone being gutted about missing a Village people concert before. :D. Anyway, I've composed myself now. Ahem. I originally thought they wouldn't all be original artists, so Googled chubby checker to find he's still alive at 72. Sorry Chubby. (He is chubby too, like my good self). I missed the last ever Eagles concert at Fort Lauderdale about 30 years ago so I know how you feel. (How was I to know there' be a dozen reforms)?

SDJ
18-04-2014, 10:43
We went to see the original Eagles in Tampa - it wasn't 30 years ago - it was about 8-12 years ago. Sometimes these 'last ever' concerts decide to make a comeback!!

florida4sun
18-04-2014, 11:29
Saw the Eagles on the same tour in in the South of Florida (venue escapes me). Tons of old bands doing the circuit again these days. Few are worthy of it but one or two are as good if not better than the first time around. Both Disney and Universal have some great acts on every now and then. Mardi Gra usually has a good line up.

We went to see the original Eagles in Tampa - it wasn't 30 years ago - it was about 8-12 years ago. Sometimes these 'last ever' concerts decide to make a comeback!!

Dads_Taxi
18-04-2014, 12:53
https://secure.parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/resize/mwImage/1/170/96/90/wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-assets/parks-and-tickets/tours-and-experiences/epcot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/flower-power-concerts/chubby-checker-00.jpg?16012014085840

This is the picture of Chubby Checker on the Epcot website. Looking good for 72! Do you think this may be an old photo?

Macka
18-04-2014, 13:10
I don't look that good now at 52....

steph_goodrum
18-04-2014, 13:49
Saw the Eagles on the same tour in in the South of Florida (venue escapes me). Tons of old bands doing the circuit again these days. Few are worthy of it but one or two are as good if not better than the first time around. Both Disney and Universal have some great acts on every now and then. Mardi Gra usually has a good line up.

I think the thing is when many of these bands were doing the circuits their payments etc and royalties didnt bring them in half as much as they do now so they are "topping up " their pensions:)

Macka
18-04-2014, 14:09
It's a miracle the Eagles get back together at all. I saw a TV programme recently with a producer who was asked who were the most difficult act to work with, he didn't hesitate. "The Eagles". Apparently they hate the sight of each other.