PDA

View Full Version : Shopping hamper

Nostromo
18-02-2004, 18:25
Can someone tell me if I can buy a cheap shopping hamper of the kind we see old ladies taking to Sainsbury's in the UK? Better if it is larger. It will be useful to put shopped stuff in the larger Orlando malls and pull along as you go to other shops. It should also be cheap enough to leave behind when we pack and depart.

DMC
18-02-2004, 20:24
I would have thought that a Wallmart or Publix would be a good place to start, as they pretty much sell most things.

That said I have never seen any "little old ladies" with their shopping trollies going round Florida Mall - what about a very cheap suitcase with wheels.

When ever we walk to the supermarket from our hotel, we use our carry on luggage for carrying back items - they're ideal :D

You never know with all that shopping you may need another suitcase !!

Nostromo
18-02-2004, 21:33
quote:Originally posted by DMC

what about a very cheap suitcase with wheels.
You never know with all that shopping you may need another suitcase !!

Actually, you've given me two good ideas. We've got suitcases coming out of our ears at home. What we'll do is carry a larger wheeled one empty with a smaller one inside it full of our personal effects. On the way back, we'll just fill the larger one with the shopping!

george
18-02-2004, 22:37
My wife has a chip on her shoulder, put the shopping on the other and she becomes a lovely balanced person! Who needs a trolly. If she reads this I may need a medic!!!