PDA

View Full Version : Facilities at the villa communities

Nostromo
18-02-2004, 13:54
Although we have been to Orlando on 4 previous occasions, we have never rented villa before; but we have done so for 3 weeks in April-May this year at ORANGE TREE. I have no idea what that or any other villa community is like, but I wondered if it is anything like some of the new housing 'estates' that we see in the UK. Will there be local newsagent, general store, chinese take away, Pizza place etc? I am particularly interested in take away food shops because we want to cook as little as possible while on holiday. There will be times when we'll all return tired out from a visit to a major park an flop down on the chairs. It will be great to be able to pick up the phone and order out pizzas or a chinese meal. Is that possible?

caroline
18-02-2004, 14:01
We certainly can from our end of the 27, but you'd really need to ask the owner of the villa you're staying in or another Orange Tree owner what is available.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-02-2004, 15:06
You don't usually find shops or takeaway's actually in the community - they are purely residential places - the shops etc etc are usually just outside the commuinity entrance or a short drive away.

ahagan
18-02-2004, 16:16
There is a strip mall only 5 minutes drive from Orange Tree. This has a Winn-Dixie, bank, pizza takeaway, pharmacy, dry cleaners and hairdressers. OT is not too far from the 27's junction with the 192 which has lots of different restaurants. I am sure there will be a few who will deliver.

Nostromo
18-02-2004, 16:27
OK, thank you very much people.

Bigblue33
19-02-2004, 02:01
John/Sarah, how far away is the nearest Pizza shop and general store from your(my) villa? [?]

Don.

blott
19-02-2004, 02:25
You can get pizza and general items about two minutes away at the 7eleven store.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-02-2004, 02:28
Blott is right - most of the take-away's also deliver too - we often use the chinese and pizza ones [msnsmile]