PDA

View Full Version : Cattleman's steakhouse

orlandobabe
22-05-2002, 07:48
Tried this tonight-a bit more pricey than the Outback and not such good value-you had to pay for your starter salad-but steak was lovely and it was nice and bright in there so you could see what you were eating and not as noisey or packed.
It's on the corner of the 192 and 535 just a little way up.

Orlandobabe

Angua
23-03-2004, 16:24
2948 Vineland Rd Kissimmee FL - & - 8801 International Dr Orlando
Dropped in to the Vineland Road branch of the Cattleman’s Association late one evening at the beginning of March, on the way back home and had a great meal.

Our waiter, Sig, took great care of us and both the menu and he were very clear about how your steak would be cooked, checking that you were completely satisfied. I would agree with OrlandoBabe that it’s not such good value as some but is well positioned in Kissimmee, not too busy and also has a regular bar and pool table. My Filet Mignon was cooked to perfection as was Hubbie’s New York Strip and the savoury rice is very more’ish. We had some New York Baked cheesecake to go which was delicious.

A word of warning, DON’T have the largest steak on the menu unless you like it well-done. We went back again on our last night and Hubbie was starving so ordered the beast. It was so thick, they found it impossible to get it quite how he liked it, despite their best efforts and apologies.

During our stay, we had the pleasure of visiting the International Drive branch as well. Surprisingly, the menu was a little different and as there was no bar/pool table, clientele a little more “posh”. Our waiter, Glenn, was superb and described the Kissimmee branch as a little more laid back. Our “to go” deserts far surpassed the Kissimmee branch. Basically the same in name only as the presentation and portion was much better. Perhaps it was just because our waiter was so good and if so, ask for Glenn!!

Enjoy!

Ray&Sarah
23-03-2004, 19:59
We visited the Cattlemans on the 192 on our first ever visit to Orlando, it was the only place open on Christmas Day. It was really packed and we had to wait for an hour to be seated. The steak was tough as old boots and we had very small portions, we did put this down to the fact that they were so busy and couldn't cope with the amount of people who wanted to be served. Our youngest was about 4 at the time and by the time we got served he was fast asleep, a family of Americans managed to get served ahead of us and a number of other families just because they made a fuss about having a youngster with them (about the same age as our lad), so they queue jumped and then left after having their starter because the main course was taking too long! We were not impressed by the meal or service, but did say we should go back when it was quieter and give it another go. Haven't managed to do so yet though.[msnsmile2]

ujpest doza
23-03-2004, 20:22
Visited this restaurant in y2k and found it to be very nice, but a little bit more expensive than other restaurants.

bond
03-04-2004, 05:13
Had A 22oz steak at The Cattlemans on 192 last week and I am definitely going back for another..

Cruella DeVilla
27-05-2004, 05:44
Went there at y2k,on New Years day 2001. Had a lovely meal, went back and the service was cack must h ave been the nostalgia as it was the first meal my hubby bought me when we wre dating!!
CDV.