PDA

View Full Version : Newbie hello!!

Nicjmc
18-02-2004, 09:45
Hi,would like to introduce myself.My name is Nicola,originally from Uk,currently living in Nc.Looking to move to Orlando area,however unlike most people on the board am looking to permanently live there but also want a short term rental home incase we need to move back to uk for any reason.I would therefore welcome any information from anyone with regard to good STR communities that have permanent residents,good schools and nice walking trails for my dog!!Any help appreciated[msnwink]

fiona
18-02-2004, 12:31
Hi Nicola and welcome. I believe Celebration has the best school if you are looking for access from STR communities. You need to look at Rolling Hills, Indian Creek, Formosa Gardens, Oak Island Cove & Harbor, Windsor Palms. I am not sure if Emerald Isles, Sunset Lakes and Lindfields are in the catchment although I believe they are, along with Indian Ridge and Indian Ridge Oaks. Julie or Martin will be able to confirm this as they live out there, and Julie went through this exercise last year. Regarding dogs, there are a few dogs living on our community (Rolling Hills) but I can't say I see them being walked very often. I have 2 old english sheepdogs myself who get a 45 min walk twice daily and would go demented in the back garden we have there! It's very different choosing a STR villa purely as a holiday home and one to actually live in, so I really think they would be able to advise you better than I can.

chrizzy100
18-02-2004, 18:29
quote:Originally posted by Nicjmc

Hi,would like to introduce myself.My name is Nicola,originally from Uk,currently living in Nc.Looking to move to Orlando area,however unlike most people on the board am looking to permanently live there but also want a short term rental home incase we need to move back to uk for any reason.I would therefore welcome any information from anyone with regard to good STR communities that have permanent residents,good schools and nice walking trails for my dog!!Any help appreciated[msnwink]

There were Villa's forsale in The Village at Tuscan Ridge.....they had just gone on the market in Jan.....they were around about $180-$186k...no pools but a pool would be easy to put in both houses.....both 3 beds 2 baths......we got our house in the Village for the same reason....incase we had to go back to the UK....if that had happened we would of maybe put in a pool and rented it out......most of the people there are residents.....I know people there with dogs who know all the good walking spots around.....I'm not sure about the schools....I've been told the schools in FL as a whole are not that good.....but I don't know that myself....just hearsay......I've seen the houses in the link for resales thats around here somewhere......I'm sure someone will post it.......:)

Nicjmc
18-02-2004, 20:32
Thanks for the replies so far.If the Tuscan ridge is a new development,do they have any resales on there yet,as after reading this forum this is what i have decided to go for.Many thanks

chrizzy100
18-02-2004, 20:57

Thanks for the replies so far.If the Tuscan ridge is a new development,do they have any resales on there yet,as after reading this forum this is what i have decided to go for.Many thanks

They have resales......one was just going on the market the middle of Jan......a nice house.....no pool....but it would be easy to put one in....3 beds...2 baths...around $186k...I think.....I'll try to find the advert..I lost the number of the realtor....I asked about the homes before leaving....if you are interested my garderner lives across the road from the people selling....I could e-mail him and ask if its gone......I'll just add that house has a fenced back garden.....and a few dog owners live nearby........

Nicjmc
19-02-2004, 00:45
looking for 4 bed with pool(the promise of a pool already there to placate my 12 yr old son who doesn`t wish to move!!But thanks anyway.Have a house hunting visit planned for 3rd week of march so will have a look then.

chrizzy100
19-02-2004, 02:01

looking for 4 bed with pool(the promise of a pool already there to placate my 12 yr old son who doesn`t wish to move!!But thanks anyway.Have a house hunting visit planned for 3rd week of march so will have a look then.

It is hard to find everything when you move.....we looked at schools first.....then my son said he would stay here to finish school because hes doing so well......so I had no worries about school.....which is good....because I really love my house and would not change it for a pot of gold.....if I'd given it up for a better school area....I think I would of been heartbroken......:(:(