PDA

View Full Version : staying in Greater Groves

rannoch
17-02-2004, 22:56
We have rented a villa at Greater Groves (21st May to 4th June). Mainly because I know the owners.

So, we get off the plane, out of the airport, and head south. The first night is really a case of getting food for the villa, and an eating place.
Can anyone advise of grocery stores and eating places near Greater Groves.

We intend to go to places like Ponderosa, and Golden Corral for a couple of breakfasts maybe a dinner.
Are there any of these restaurants near Greater Groves.

Thanks,

Rannoch

caseyd
18-02-2004, 04:12
rannoch: I am also staying in Greater Groves for the first time in April. I did not get many replies to my questions, which were the same as yours, when I asked a few wks ago on this forum. But I found out that Greater Groves is down the road from Orange Groves villas, and there are alot of posts on here that reference what is around Orange Groves. If you use the search function at the top of the page and search for Orange Groves you will get more hits than you get by searching for Greater Groves. By doing that I found out there is a 24 hr Publix grocery store very close to Orange Grove and Greater Groves, etc.
Hope this helps. You will also find info on shorcuts to Disney parks from Orange Groves, which is also applicable to Greater Groves, as they are almost across the road from each other.

jeffc
18-02-2004, 04:36
greater groves is on the us27 on the west end of the 192..

there is a winn dixie super mart about 1/2 mile away..

nearest food is randys diner its a nice eating house nothing special..

all the restuarants are on the 192 about 4mls away..

p;enty of choice in price and quality along the road.

disney approx 20 mins away less on a good day

hope this helps

rannoch
18-02-2004, 06:37
Yes, your responses help.

Thanks for your assistance.

kevinprewett
18-02-2004, 15:21
Personally would always choose Golden Coral over Ponderosa![msntongue]

caseyd
19-02-2004, 05:44
Sorry, I guess the grocery is Winn Dixie instead of Publix. Jeff C- is the Winn Dixie the one that is open 24 hrs?

jeffc
21-02-2004, 06:32
the winn dixie is not 24 hrs but its the same as publixs 7.00 till 10.00 mon -sat..
hope this helps

esprit
21-02-2004, 07:39
There is a Publix just as you turn from 27 onto 192, it isnt that far away, say two or three miles?? They are building a new WalMart near to where you will be but it doesnt open until September. I think you mean Orange Tree not Orange Groves??

semerton
22-02-2004, 02:29
I have a villa on Greater Groves also by win dixi is a piza take away also do chips ect also on 27 north the new cracer baral resaurant is now open the best way to disney is to turn left at Black Horse Lake follow the lane around turn left then right at the lights I will be there in may hope this helps :)
Sylvia