PDA

View Full Version : Hello All and Thanks

PoohFan
17-02-2004, 21:24
Hi,

I have just joined this forum and wish to thank you all for providing such a mine of useful information and advice, and in such a friendly manner too.

My husband, 2 sons and I have been to Florida 3 times, the last time was in 1998, and we loved the whole experience.

We first started thinking about the idea of buying a villa in the Disney area some months ago, and have been doing lots of homework ever since - which is where this forum has been extremely useful. In fact, I have to admit to finding it quite addictive!

We are now thinking that purchasing a resale villa, in a STR area, could be a serious proposition, especially with the current favourable exchange rate (£1=$1.9 as I write). By the way, we will be cash buyers, so hope we could make some sort of profit.

I daresay I will have questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to yet, and in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone had any dealings with, or had heard anything about Dolby Properties in Orlando? We are considering using them to help us with our purchase, should we decide to take the plunge. Any information will be gratefully received - please pm me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

Pam

Tracy
18-02-2004, 00:39
Hi Pam and welcome to a great source of information. We bought in March last year and luckily found this site on our return from America. It is a great site and as you have alredy mentioned can be very addictive.

You will find infomation by completing a search, type in what you need to know and I am sure that you will find something.

You mention being a cash buyer and as the pound / doller is very favourable this being a good time. You are very lucky in that respect, as home ownership can be very expensive with ongoing bills and maintenance and I don't think some individuals fully appreciate that the dollar won't always be so favourable and the expense involved.

Good luck with your search !

Ray&Sarah
18-02-2004, 01:00
You're so right ADDICTIVE that's what it is!

Debs
18-02-2004, 02:23
Welcome - you are right there is a wealth of information here and if you cannot find the answers to your questions via the search facility there is always someone able to help - feel free to ask away :D