PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while..... 3rd time to Florida & ready to book, EXCITED :)))

ali-uk
17-07-2013, 16:42
Hi everyone,
Its been two years since our last trip to Florida & six years since our first, we are soo ready for this one, we haven't had a sun holiday for 2 years & after our last trip (we never booked our villa through here (tut tut) & had a pretty bad experience, so here I go looking for info on what has changed, what's new re the parks etc & we need a VILLA so I will be busy mailing you all, Ali :)

SDJ
17-07-2013, 17:23
Look forward to receiving the enquiry!!! Have fun with your plans.[msnsmile2]

Tracey
17-07-2013, 18:19
Welcome back!

Jill
17-07-2013, 21:06
Welcome back - you have come to the best place to find a good villa. Trouble with Florida is it 'gets in your blood' and you keep going back.

LiesaAnna
18-07-2013, 07:58
welcome back xx

Sandra M
19-07-2013, 13:53
It's a shame you had a bad villa experience but you've come to the right place to get a lovely home and all the help that you need.

Enjoy your planning and enjoy choosing your villa :D

steph_goodrum
19-07-2013, 14:59
Welcome back Ali. It's funny a few old "friends" have popped back on here recently, it's nice to hear what they have been doing in the meantime and how many who thought they were going to have a one off holiday of a lifetime find they are addicted and nowhere else quite matches up.

Bigblue35
19-07-2013, 15:08
I can't believe it's taken nearly 10 years for us to come back! I can still remember the buid up to our first trip, the daily visits to this site, it was so helpful and just built me up to a frenzy! (in a good way :p)
I even remebering saying to my wife about a week before we left for Florida, "we've not even been there yet and I want to go back!"

SDJ
19-07-2013, 16:04
I can't believe it's taken nearly 10 years for us to come back! I can still remember the buid up to our first trip, the daily visits to this site, it was so helpful and just built me up to a frenzy! (in a good way :p)
I even remebering saying to my wife about a week before we left for Florida, "we've not even been there yet and I want to go back!"

That is so true of many people. We have first time guests visiting in August this year, and the father of the group has booked for Xmas 2014 before they have even arrived this year!! It's to be hoped he likes our villa;)!!!!!

domster
21-07-2013, 06:00
Certainly plenty of choice out there. Good luck.

Big_Momma
21-07-2013, 09:14
Have fun with your plans! I am on planning trip number 6- the first was a one off holiday of a lifetime!!

burtonl
21-07-2013, 17:17
Welcome back Ali and have fun planning your next Florida trip.

Tony G
21-07-2013, 21:08
A few changes since you last visited:

You probably have seen the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on your last trip, if not, it's definitely worth the trip. It's being extended into the Universal Studios park, so that might be something to see on your next trip ;)

While you're there, don't forget to give the newly refurbished Spiderman ride a go (new 4k projectors make it look fantastic).

If you like that, Universal Studios has the newly-opened Transformers - The Ride 3D.

Also, the Simpsons area at that park has been expanded to include some theming outside of the ride itself. Jimmy Neitron's Nicktoon Blast is now the Despicable Me ride.

Over at Disney, the big news is New Fantasyland, along with the new Be Our Guest restaurant, both at the Magic Kingdom park.

Star Tours has also been revamped at Disney's Hollywood Studios - it's now a much better quality projection, it's 3D and it's also randomised, with i think 52 different possible ride sequences.

Finally, at Kennedy Space Centre, the up-close tour now includes the VAB, or Vehicle Assembly Building, and there's a new Atlantis exhibit where you can see Space Shuttle Atlantis up close and personal.

There's probably loads more that I've forgotten but that should get you started with your plans. I know you'll have a wonderful trip!

ali-uk
21-07-2013, 23:12
Wow what a welcome back thanks all :)

We saw the Harry Potter world last time we were there 4 times, this is on our list again & Despicable me wasn't open so that will be a good one to do, we loved the Boggy Creek airboat ride & that is a must again this time!!! & hubby wants to do Kennedy Space Centre we missed out last time.
sooo much to plan & I find this part of it just as exciting as the trip itself.

Has anyone been there while the 'ZUMBA' convention is on at the Peabody's hotel is it as busy re the parks etc or getting around ??

Flight prices for Mid August at the minute are quite dear with Virgin & Monarch £4000 for 4 adults but Thomas cook are £2,800 for us all, anyone flown with them before?
thanks Ali

ali-uk
21-07-2013, 23:20
Oh just a quick one, I have been shopping around for car hire this web site is 'still' the cheapest ;)

Tony G
22-07-2013, 17:51
Ooh, I forgot to mention, Test Track over at Epcot has has a facelift - same ride, slightly different theme (should be called Tron Track).

I was reading a few stories about airlines yesterdays and stumbled on a bit of info about Thompson - apparently they have more legroom than other airlines, when they're using certain aircraft. A certain famous website that calls itself the guru of seats on planes would tell you more. I'm not sure I'm allowed to link to it on here.

I travelled without booking my car on here once... regretted it!

Dads_Taxi
22-07-2013, 20:31
Flight prices for Mid August at the minute are quite dear with Virgin & Monarch £4000 for 4 adults but Thomas cook are £2,800 for us all, anyone flown with them before?
thanks Ali

If you've found flights in the school holidays at £700, just grab them. It can't be twelve hundred quid worse than anyone else; as long as you're not strapped to the wings!

ali-uk
22-07-2013, 20:56
Booked the flights to good to miss at that price :)

SDJ
22-07-2013, 22:26
Well done - you are half way there!!