PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian suggestions

Nostromo
15-02-2004, 13:41
This time we're taking my elderly in-laws to Orlado and they're both vegetarians. Any suggestions where we could take them for an evening meal a couple of times?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-02-2004, 14:41
Hi Nostromo,

If you do a search om vegetarian or veggie on this site I know there have been a lot of suggestions listed. If you are dining at any of the Disney restaurants then call 407 WDW DINE to make your reservation and specify your dietry requirements.

We are all veggies and like the folowing;

Villa de Flora at the Gaylord Palms (a little more expensive than others but good food (buffet))

Disney's Animal Kingdom Boma Lodge This is located outside Animal Kingdom so no need for park ticket African food and reasonable range of food again buffet - exquisite desserts. Even on Chritmas day only $30 per adult and about$9 per child. Drinks are extra and the wine is very expensive but I don't dink alcohol.

Less expensive restaurants, here are favourites are:

the Olive Garden - good quality Italian. Lovely Ministrone soup. NB the stuffed mushrooms are not vegetarian they contain seafood.

Chevys - fresh Mexican. John has this huge Porteblla Mushroom Fajita dish. More nutritous children's menu than most other similar type restaurants.

Chilis - Here there is not a vast choice but all their burgers can be made with the burger substituted with a black bean pattie. It's not on the menu you have to ask.

We have not been, but people rave about Sweet Tomato up near International Drive again try a search on this site for further details.

Sarah

esprit
15-02-2004, 20:53
My son is veggie. It isnt easy living here and being veggie I must admit. All the Italians are good as they have pasta with just tomato sauce and cheese pizza. Carrasbas as well as Olive Graden. Other then that, the Sweet Tomatoes salad buffet bar. There are some resturants where there is nothing for him on the menu at all other than green salad, a side order of potatoes and a dessert. He eats that all the time!!!

Nostromo
18-02-2004, 10:45
Thank you very much both of you. This really helps.