PDA

View Full Version : USPS tracking service

Tonish
13-01-2013, 20:59
Is there a worse parcel tracking service than this one? I'm awaiting delivery of a parcel posted from LA to the UK on 6 January. All this useless service tells me is when it was processed through the LA depot, and since then just tells me it is "in transit". It is irritating in the extreme.

Snapper
13-01-2013, 22:07
I know this is a dumb question, but would USPS be able to track it once it has left the US? Do they give you a point-to-point service like FedEx or do they just hand it off to the local postal service in whichever country it is destined for? The good old Royal Mail in this case?

Tonish
13-01-2013, 22:31
Don't think it is a dumb question at all. You would assume they should be able to tell me when it passed through US customs, and where, before heading trans Atlantic. But nothing at all. Plus, if it was direct from LA to the Uk, it should surely tell me when it arrives in UK? That couldn't take 6 days. All it tells me is when it went through the LA depot.

florida4sun
14-01-2013, 08:35
Once it's lefft the country tracking is not garaunteed. For secure tracking you need a company that handles the parcel all the way through (FedEx, UPS). Same with Royal Mail to the USA. USPS is the pits for parcel delivery. We just recieved a tshirt ordered 10 weeks ago. The following will delay (or even make it disappear).
No customs declaration.
Value over $50.
No return address given.

Snapper
14-01-2013, 09:56
Maybe it's on a van going from LA to the east coast. That would take a few days. Although if it shipped on the 6th I think you would have expected it to have got there by now.

christhear
14-01-2013, 10:32
I recently had a guest send a cheque with Canadian post which was supposedly trackable with USPS. It took 2 days to get from Canada to New York then a further 6 from New York to my bank. The only record in the USA was for it arriving in NY and then being received at the bank.
My cheques from the UK generally reach my MC in less than a week and that is just standard airmail.

julieowen24
15-01-2013, 01:16
Once the item has left the US, you can try tracking it on parcelforce .com this is how I track most of my parcels that I mail back home from the US.

Julie