PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Gift

Nostromo
14-02-2004, 01:31
We celebrate our 26th Wedding Anniversary during the forthcoming Orlando trip. I pondered a lot on what would be a good gift for my wife and had almost decided on the Laila perfume from Norway that Tink mentioned before. But realising that my wife does not care too much for expensive perfumes, I decided to think harder. It suddenly occured to me this morning that as an animal lover, a visit to Discovery Cove (with the Dolphin swim) would be just the right thing for her. I had left DC out of our itinerary initially because of the expense, but realised that we could afford ONE ticket. Of course, I had to clear it with her first and she simply went over the moon at the idea. I have now got a confirmed ticket for her and even though she is going to be on her own with the dolphins and other creatures, she has assured me that this is the most perfect gift that I have given her in almost 30 years of knowing each other.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-02-2004, 02:33
Hi Nostromo,
On the eve of Valentine's Day it is so refreshing to hear some news of love and romance. I trust your wife will love her day, but I would urge you to join her. Don't forget the exchange rate at the moment means you will be saving yourself money, eating out etc over the holiday, why not offset your savings against a ticket for yourself.

Sarah

Nostromo
14-02-2004, 10:55
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Hi Nostromo,
I trust your wife will love her day, but I would urge you to join her.

Sarah

Thanks, Sarah. The only problem with that is our schedule which has already been cannibalised so many times to fit places like Old Town, Winter Park etc that it is already as taut as piano wire. As the leader of the party, I have tried to please everyone involved including the seniors, for whose benefit the above quoted places are included. My wife gets motion sickness on coasters and was planning to miss IoA; so, we will drop her off at DC before going to IoA ourselves. But thanks for the thought all the same.

Ann
14-02-2004, 15:18
agree with Sarah dump the others at IOA and spend the day with your wife [:X]
this is a lovely place for just the 2 of you [^]

i would skip the old town if you have to skip anything

Nostromo
14-02-2004, 15:35
quote:Originally posted by Ann

agree with Sarah dump the others at IOA and spend the day with your wife [:X]
this is a lovely place for just the 2 of you [^]

i would skip the old town if you have to skip anything

I understand what you're saying, but can't be done I'm afraid. You see, this is very much a case of a General leading a bunch of rookie privates into battle and the 'others' would be totally lost without me at the helm. Moreover, they have come a long way from India at MY invitation and I cannot just 'dump' them as and when.

As for Old Town, I want to go there too and spent a lot of time fitting it into a Saturday evening. Moreover, that is at a much later stage of our visit and cancelling it will not help with the DC situation.