PDA

View Full Version : air boats

bonnie
20-05-2002, 02:07
Has anyone done the airboats in orlando? We havebeen several times and has never done the boats. We are going in October, and thought it would be something different to do while there. I want to find the cost and where to locate them. Any info would be appreciated. Bonnie

blott
20-05-2002, 14:54
Hi Bonnie

Air boat rides are great! There are a couple of alternatives - you can hire a drive yourself one on Highway 192 (near Wal-Mart) or you can get a 'chauffeur' driven one!

Boggy Creek Airboats have two locations in the Kissimmee area, one on Lake Tohopekaglia and the other on East Lake Tohopekaglia (both called Toho for short!). If you check out their website http://www.bcairboats.com you'll find a map and all the info you need, including info about night airboat rides.

If you've not tried one before, I would suggest that you go for an organised one first as the drivers are very experienced and knowledgable about the local wildlife and then, when you're an expert after your first ride, you could try the self drive ones.

Blott

bonnie
20-05-2002, 16:51
Thanks Blott.....I am sure that I won't be going but my husband and son will be. He realy wants to try the self drive. That makes me nervous. I am sure they give a small lesson first, I hope. Thank you for the information. Bonnie

orlandobabe
20-05-2002, 17:18
We did the airboats at Boggy Creek last week for the first time. I enjoyed it- sort of. Not a lover of things going fast and spinning round.

Saw plenty of birds and bugs close up-but it was far too hot for alligators!
Definitely have a driver one first and expect to pay about $20 for 30 mins.
My crew want to do a nightime one.
Anyone tried it.

Orlandobabe

bonnie
20-05-2002, 17:33
I am so afraid to try this for fear of falling off.....my luck. My husband has always wanted to go so when we go this time he and my son can go without me! Snakes, and alligators really turn me off for the whole thing. I think night time ride would be even worse! Bonnie

orlandobabe
20-05-2002, 20:47
You won't fall off Bonnie-you might drown-kidding-but you won't fall off! At the boggy creek one you are sat low down in the boat-on benches-so no worries ther.
I'm a scaredy cat and i enjoyed it-once I got used to what was happening-and it's only for 30 minutes-not for life.
Do try it-you'll be pleased you did.

Orlandobabe

bonnie
21-05-2002, 16:40
Orlandobabe, you didn't say if there are snakes.......I hate snakes. I may go but not if you say there are snakes. Bonnie

orlandobabe
22-05-2002, 07:13
I didn't see any snakes-pity as I quite like snakes and it would have made up a bit for the lack of alligators! ;)))

Plenty of birds and dragon flies and a few startled cows who bolted when they saw us heading for them!

Honestly try it-you can always blame me if you don't like it!

Orlandobabe

orlandobabe
22-05-2002, 07:14
ps-I won't refund your money back though!

Orlandobabe

bonnie
22-05-2002, 16:30
Thanks Orlandobabe........I will have to think about about , such a scardey cat. Bonnie

blott
22-05-2002, 19:24
Bonnie, this is my Mum's favourite ride and she's 80 so I think you should be quite safe! Try it, it's fun!

Blott

Lesley S
22-05-2002, 20:02
Have always fancied doing this but is it any good/safe for young children aged 4. Or more to the point do they allow young children on?

Jamie-> and Lesley

blott
22-05-2002, 20:47
Yes, no age limits! Everyone is provided with ear defenders (it's noisy!) and a life jacket is available.

It would probably be better if you sat a small child not at the edge of the boat for added security (sorry, I didn't want to make it sound dangerous as it's not) but just in case they might be tempted to lean over the edge to see the wildlife a bit closer. I think that a 4 year old would find it a great adventure and probably be interested in the wildlife too. There's plenty of opportunity to ask questions and the drivers/guides know a lot about it.

Blott

orlandobabe
23-05-2002, 03:07
Have we convinced you yet Bonnie?

Orlandobabe

bonnie
23-05-2002, 05:21
Well, Orlandobabe, I would like to say yes, you have, but no, not yet. I have to think about doing it still. It will probably come down to just as we are set to go! Or not. Bonnie

Shroom
23-05-2002, 13:18
Bonnie if you are like me you will agree to go and then hate the whole 30 mins of it!!!! I'm teffified of water and being out of my depth....neveeer mind the alligators and snakes!

Siobhan

bonnie
24-05-2002, 02:45
Thank You Siobhan, I am NOT going to go, I had a feeling there would be snakes and I hate to even look at a picture let alone in the real! I was really thinking about it for the boys but forget it! I dont' want to scared to death for the whole time. Thank you for making me think realisticly. I would probalbly be the same and hate every second of it. Bonnie I'll stay safe by a pool!!!

fiona
16-09-2002, 17:58
I've just been asked to recommend an airboard ride.

Any others I should offer apart from the one Blotty mentioned above?

Fiona

Lesley S
16-09-2002, 18:46
Don't know of any others, but we can certainly recommend it. We went on the Boggy creek rides when we were over in July this year. It was value for money and well worth a visit, we did Gatorland in the afternoon. We only had to wait for 45 mins to get on one, and we saw a female aligator on its nest. We were thinking of going on the night ride but will have to wrap up well as not to get too bitten.

Jamie-> and Lesley