PDA

View Full Version : Fri 13th

Bigblue33
13-02-2004, 05:11
Take care out there folks and if you see a guy with a hockey mask and a chainsaw....RUN you fool RUN!!!!![:0]

Don.

wrpac00
13-02-2004, 21:07
I have a had a bad Friday the 13th. Alarm did not off this morning- 45 mins late, wife forget her lesson plans (she is a teacher) so muggins had to drop them off - worst journey to her school I have ever had (45mins rtn instead of 20), building alarm was going when I got to work and could not shut it off for ages, went off another 2 times during the day and my PC at work crashed 4 times.

Had a couple of pints and came home.

Paul

fiona
13-02-2004, 22:19
It is DB's birthday, we are sipping champagne and then off to the Chinese for a meal!

However the day could have been better as we are in the middle of a move at work and spending my time with signwriters, carpet cleaners, carpet suppliers (replacements for old premises), glaziers, chasing up the cleaners, blind repairers etc. D day next Friday when the computers go[msnscared]. Oh yes and working 7 day week at the moment, so everyone is happy bunnies at a certain bathroom distributors!!

porky
14-02-2004, 15:12
I usually find the 12th or 14th to be worst than the 13th and sure enough it happened again this year. We flew back from Tampa airport Thursday, wish I hadn't. Flew with Delta and there was just one person checking in the guests. People were getting edgy as the time of their flights approached and approached one of the Delta guys that was swaning around the lines if there was any chance that they could get called next. The guy was so rude it was unbelievable and I had to hold hubby back from having a go at him (it wasn't us that was asking either):( I was absolutely disgusted with this guy, there was no need for his response, all he had to do was say no, that was not their policy. Eventually 3 more people arrived and the queue started to move but that left us not a lot of time to have a meal before going airside. We decided to eat at TGI Fridays to compare it with the one I work in in Reading. We ate the meal a lot faster than I'd liked just so we could get across to our gate. We got there only to find the flight would be late leaving :(

Apparently the weather in Atlanta had been bad so it had been late arriving in Tampa. This is what we were first told. An hour later they told us the truth. The air traffic controllers were having a dispute and that was ehat was causing the delay. Well, we decided we'd just be waiting this end instead of 2 hours in Atlanta - a bit of a pain really as we were going to have a snack before boarding. No we don't like airline food:D. The short delay got longer and the time between arriving in Atlanta and departing got shorter and shorter. Oh joy:(

Eventually we took off and landed with 25 minutes until our flight. Arrived at concourse A had to get to the other end to concourse E. Typical. Going at a steady trot, (couldn't run as we had all our luggage as carry on thank goodness) arrived in the concourse in time to hear them say we had 5 minutes until the gate closed. Just made it.[:p] Flopped down into our seats only to hear the captain say there would be a short delay as they were having problems with one of the cargo doors. Half an hour later the captain came back again to say a baggage truck had struck the cargo door and it was a case of everybody off and onto another plane. Off we go and now another delay this time 2 hours before we finally took off to go home.

On the flight out to Atlanta from Gatwick we had a 2 and a half hour delay because the aircraft had been delayed at Atlanta on the flight over due to maintanance problems. What really bugged me was the lack of goodwill from Delta. Despite both of these delays they would not let us have one free alcoholic drink, they still insisted we pay the $5 per beer. Not impressed with them whatso ever.:(:(

Jacqui

orlandobabe
14-02-2004, 22:15
Nightmare or what Jaqqui?

That's disgusting.

I hope you are going to write to them and tell them that you will be mentioning them on the Number 1 site for people going to Florida and that they had better provide you with some meaningful compensation.

Ray&Sarah
15-02-2004, 00:25
Delta and compensation does not go. I flew Birmingham to Dublin, Dublin to JFK, JFK to Atlanta, Atlanta to Montgomery. My luggage never made it to JFK! It did turn up in Los Angeles. I was on business in Montgomery, and then on to Chicago, Delta would not pay any out of pocket expenses for 48hrs, and then when they agreed it was only for essentials! Underwear, and toothbrush. My luggage finally caught up with me a whole four days later. By which time nobody wanted to sit by me!!! Oh, and when I asked about compensation the response, it is not their policy, so it is not my policy to ever fly Delta again.