PDA

View Full Version : Best place for ribs

Ray&Sarah
13-02-2004, 00:39
We love Tony Roma's for ribs and make this one of our first dining out experiences when in Orlando. Any other suggestions for places to eat fantastic ribs[?]

bellaepovera
13-02-2004, 01:50
Ruby Tuesdays are great!!

chrisj
13-02-2004, 02:15
I know the worse place for ribs, the Ponderosa on the 192 by Walmart, they were so bad
I just handed them back.

blott
13-02-2004, 03:10
Tony Roma's are the best but you could try Fat Boys BBQ or Sonny's.

kevinprewett
14-02-2004, 14:17
quote:Originally posted by hayter

We love Tony Roma's for ribs and make this one of our first dining out experiences when in Orlando. Any other suggestions for places to eat fantastic ribs[?]

Love the ribs at sonney's pit barbecue!![msntongue][msntongue]

Budboy
29-10-2005, 19:16
If you find yourself near Naples try Michelbobs
http://www.michelbobs.com

Nothing else comes close

[zzz]

Cruella DeVilla
29-10-2005, 19:23
Don't like Sonnys myself nor does Mr CDV we have been a couple of times and the ribs were nowt to write home about, if you can get to a Woodys they are the best I have ever tasted. We stop in the one in Sebring on the way home from the airport at Fort Myers, the meet falls of the bone as you pick them up. Infact exactly a week to the day I shall be sampling them again..yum:)

Did you try the Ribs in Mannys Sarah?

LiesaAnna
29-10-2005, 20:52
well i enjoyed the ribs at TGI's very tasty!!!

Ray&Sarah
30-10-2005, 02:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Don't like Sonnys myself nor does Mr CDV we have been a couple of times and the ribs were nowt to write home about, if you can get to a Woodys they are the best I have ever tasted. We stop in the one in Sebring on the way home from the airport at Fort Myers, the meet falls of the bone as you pick them up. Infact exactly a week to the day I shall be sampling them again..yum:)

Did you try the Ribs in Mannys Sarah?
[/quote]

Was planning to CDV,had a steak the first time we went (which was great)and then my parents went back without us and had the ribs.[msnsad] Am planning to try them on our next visit in March, Mannys is so handy for our villa, its going to become our local.:D

Cruella DeVilla
30-10-2005, 13:56
It is a good place to eat Sarah, you now me I like the finer things in life but I do like Manny's, their food is great, the portions are huge and tasty and I really like their salad that they give you with the meal it is really yummy. We make an effort to go each visit usually on the way back from Lakeland or Tampa After a long days shopping!

andreah
30-10-2005, 14:49
The ribs at Manny's chop house were really great, so were the rainforest cafes.

Ray&Sarah
31-10-2005, 01:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
It is a good place to eat Sarah, you now me I like the finer things in life but I do like Manny's, their food is great, the portions are huge and tasty and I really like their salad that they give you with the meal it is really yummy. We make an effort to go each visit usually on the way back from Lakeland or Tampa After a long days shopping!
[/quote]

They converted my youngest son to loving salads, he tried the one at Mannys and decided he did like salad after all.:D

kokomo
31-10-2005, 12:16
Manny's Chop House has to be the best for us. Not only are their steaks great, the ribs are good to.

chris c
31-10-2005, 15:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andreah
The ribs at Manny's chop house were really great, so were the rainforest cafes.
[/quote]

Roll on January - I'll be there trying them out!!

Sally D
31-10-2005, 17:53
Another vote for Manny's here.

Ray&Sarah
31-10-2005, 22:24
Now I'm beginning to understand why there is such a queue everytime we've been, its so popular with everyone.[msnsmile]

Ana
01-11-2005, 17:13
I must show hubby this post - he is a big rib fan [msnsmile2]

vanessag
02-11-2005, 00:34
Mannys for us too![msntongue]

Genie
02-11-2005, 02:58
Where abouts is Manny's ???
Logans roadhouse do very good ribs too !!

Ray&Sarah
02-11-2005, 12:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Genie
Where abouts is Manny's ???
Logans roadhouse do very good ribs too !!
[/quote]

Mannys is on the US27, just a bit down on the other side from Southern Dunes.[msnsmile2]

paulm
02-11-2005, 16:41
Orlando locals use O'Boys on Colonial Drive and Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Que (see website for locations & menu) http://www.bubbalous.com/

Both do superb, reasonably priced barbecue, I use them every time I visit Orlando

Genie
02-11-2005, 16:43
Thanks Ray & Sarah , will give them a go when we go in two weeks time !![clap][msnsmile2]

Chloe
02-11-2005, 17:07
We have not tried Manny's, my husband loves ribs, so we must go. I tend to get in a bit of a mess with them, and spaghetti and only eat them in my own home ( so that I have easy access to a wash basin ) Have a wonderful trip Jean. Chloe

Genie
02-11-2005, 17:29
Thanks Chloe, I can hardly wait, it doesn't seem to matter how many times you have been , the same excitement is there each time.

Ray&Sarah
02-11-2005, 20:13
Have a great time Jean, do go and try out Mannys its well worth a visit, just make sure you are really really hungry.[msnwink]:D

george
03-11-2005, 03:01
Manny's is great - George had the ribs last time we were there and said they were great ! We also love the salad very tasty.

Pamela

bboult
05-12-2005, 18:12
Went for our first visit to Manny's last night and the service and the food was very good. Thanks for the recommendation and we may even go back on this visit.

Bruce & Jan

Pegasus928
16-01-2006, 00:45
Wild Jacks on I Drive - I can't believe no-one has mentioned this place for fantastic ribs. Will certainly be our first meal out when we get their in March.

Can't wait [msnsmile2]

penelope
16-01-2006, 03:39
haven't tried Mannys ribs, on my list for next trip[msntongue]

davepat
16-01-2006, 13:28
It's always been Tony Roma's for ribs for me and Dave likes their New York strip steak. Love sitting there with sauce all over my hands and wearing a plastic bib!! The Jack Daniels ribs at TGI's are pretty good too - can only manage a half rack at either place if I eat nothing else though!. Will try Manny's when we are next out in Florida.

Newhomebuyer
16-01-2006, 13:46
I also like Tony Romas but the ribs at TGI are pretty good as well.
I am going to give some of these other places a try next time, especially Manny's

KevinT
16-01-2006, 16:11
Great ribs at Damon's just as you go into Old Town. Just don't go in with half an appetite!!

Ray&Sarah
17-01-2006, 02:43
We had some very noce Riblets at Applebees on our last trip, very tasty but maybe not as good as my favourite place for ribs, Tony Romas.:D