PDA

View Full Version : Cheap April/May flight question

brizzle
12-02-2004, 22:20
OK, I have found flights for £1168 for 2 adults and 2 children, LGW to MCO. This is for 4th May for 7 days.
Question is, does anyone know of anywhere I can get direct flights cheaper?
I managed £995 last December and something close to that would be gurt lush :)

Departure date is a little flexible (Any day from 27th April-9th May)

I've scoured most places but I thought I'd open it up to the 'floor' before finally booking.

Cheers,

Brizzle
'Got to get another week out of the APs':D

bellaepovera
12-02-2004, 22:36
These are prices direct with Virgin from this site

09 Apr – 30 Apr 2004 £245 £139 Child

01 May – 20 May 2004 £379 £199 child

Maybe better inquiring on OV. But these leave from Gatwick or Manchester plus tax.

villainthesun
13-02-2004, 13:26
Generally speaking scheduled flights will usually be significantly cheaper if you depart on or before 30th April.

orlandobabe
14-02-2004, 03:00
We are going first of may-may have another look at them. With Virgin do you have to go in multiples of 7 or can you go for 10 days for eg

Joannesaunders
14-02-2004, 09:01
With Virgin you can go any number of days. Our late November flights are for 18 nights.

brizzle
14-02-2004, 20:08
In the end I did it through this site who in turn use Charter Travel.
They got me 27th April for 8 nights for £1036 with Virgin.
Pretty good but I did have to take their car rental which was £214 all in (LDW etc...) for a full size car.

Now got to decide I stick with the original plan (as cheap as possible) and get a bargain basement hotel or go for a villa. Too many decisions to make.

Brizzle

25-02-2004, 00:15
quote:Originally posted by brizzle

In the end I did it through this site who in turn use Charter Travel.
They got me 27th April for 8 nights for £1036 with Virgin.
Pretty good but I did have to take their car rental which was £214 all in (LDW etc...) for a full size car.

Now got to decide I stick with the original plan (as cheap as possible) and get a bargain basement hotel or go for a villa. Too many decisions to make.

Brizzle

Go for a villa, it's worth every penny!:)

Nigel W
25-02-2004, 00:24
Ill second Julie the kida will love their own pool

brizzle
25-02-2004, 00:38
I know but the problem is this is an unscheduled 'see how cheap we can do it' idea. We are booked into a villa for 3 weeks in November.
Now if I could find a Villa for £200 for 8 nights (like I can for a hotel on I-Drive) I'd jump at the deal but I know that's just not realistic.
I will however have a look and see if I can get one for £300-350 but that's also long shot :)
I'm also waiting to see what AP rates come out for Disney property.

I am getting very tempted with a Villa though, just trying to justify spending that little more than we agreed.

25-02-2004, 02:28
quote:Originally posted by brizzle

I know but the problem is this is an unscheduled 'see how cheap we can do it' idea. We are booked into a villa for 3 weeks in November.
Now if I could find a Villa for £200 for 8 nights (like I can for a hotel on I-Drive) I'd jump at the deal but I know that's just not realistic.
I will however have a look and see if I can get one for £300-350 but that's also long shot :)
I'm also waiting to see what AP rates come out for Disney property.

I am getting very tempted with a Villa though, just trying to justify spending that little more than we agreed.

Maybe someone on the forum may come up with something?

Have you been to I Drive before?

If you buy your spending money dollars or travelers cheques now with the good rate you will be making your money go further, therefore you could justify spending a bit more and get a villa!

Thats how I would do it!

brizzle
25-02-2004, 12:00
I've stayed on the 192, I-Drive and Disney property so far with the villa completing the set come November.
All have their plus points and I would go back to any.
We split our stay last time and whilst the Disney Hotel was nice I did miss I-Drive's various eateries (so much so that we drove up a couple of nights especially).

Thing is we already have Dollars left over from December which is another reason why we said 'We have APs, we have our weeks spending money so let's try and see how cheap we can get it'.
Of course now we have flight and car booked we are tempted to spend that little more and break our own rules....[msnsmile2]

I know the best choice is a villa but it remains to be seen if we stick to our original plan of 'cheap and cheerful'....
...and come November if the villa option is so much better as everyone says than this will be my last chance for a Florida *hotel* holiday [msnwink]

Brizzle

26-02-2004, 00:28
Hope you have a great time whatever choice you make!

brizzle
05-03-2004, 01:00
Broke our rules of 'cheap as we could do it'....surprise :)
Eagle Pointe for £329 for a week so pretty good value.

Looking forward to the extra space and our own pool.

Brizzle.