PDA

View Full Version : Test Track closed for refurb?

BIGEYE
29-07-2012, 17:01
I believe that Test Track is closed for refurb from beginning of July until end of November. Can anyone confirm that this is the case.

msmiff
29-07-2012, 17:07
Test Track (Epcot) closed through 11/30/12 for transformation to the Chevrolet Design Center.

Mr G
29-07-2012, 18:39
It was closed yesterday for refurb. Epcot very quiet and managed to walk on most rides, only Soarin had a 30 minute wait which is the max I can do.

BIGEYE
30-07-2012, 05:31
Thanks, not going until end of October, disappointed that I will miss test track as there isn't much else by way of rides in Epcot. Still love Mission Space though.

caroline
30-07-2012, 09:10
Don't forget Soarin'!

BIGEYE
30-07-2012, 17:26
Been to Borin' Soarin so often, its not worth the wait anymore. Although still enjoyable, it is so dated. I remember going on the Soarin' at Disney Los Angeles way back in 1995, it was the same back then as it is the last few times I've been on it. I will however, venture once more if the wait time is short.

caroline
30-07-2012, 17:33
You're the first person I've heard call Soarin boring! It's one of my favourite rides I much prefer it to Test Track!

Margaret
30-07-2012, 18:20
I went on Test track last time we went, wondered what the fuss was all about until we got to the last bit and boy did I feel sick afterwards !!
Husband and son are disappointed they're going to miss out when we go (in approx 32 days)
Margaret

Mr G
30-07-2012, 19:09
We love Soarin as well,another vote.

msmiff
30-07-2012, 19:58
Like Soarin' but do wish that they'd change the film once in a while - or, ideally, make it random like Star Tours....
Only "attraction" that we genuinely find [zzz] is Ellen's Universe of Energy (or whatever...)
Even that's useful on a very hot day for a quick snooze.......

Lyn
30-07-2012, 21:00
Bill finds Soarin boring, and ALWAYS moans that it is not worth standing in line for, it is however my favourite ride so he has no choice. I don't do test track which is his favourite ride and have to say I never complain about having to wait for him.[msnwink]

Tonish
31-07-2012, 00:27
It was closed yesterday for refurb. Epcot very quiet and managed to walk on most rides, only Soarin had a 30 minute wait which is the max I can do.

I can't handle more than a 30 minute wait either. We've been going to Epcot since the year it opened and we've NEVER managed to get on Test Track.

Lyn
31-07-2012, 11:11
When Bill goes on Test Track he always goes in the single rider queue even if our son is with him as they don't mind being split up and the queue is always much shorter.

Mutbeav8
01-08-2012, 00:23
Very disappointed that test track is closed while we're here this year wonder if they will give a percentage of our tickets back....... I ccould ask but think the reply will end with off.

grayster
01-08-2012, 13:51
We were over in May and were very disappointed that Test Track was closed as it's our favourite ride at Epcot. That being said, I'm pleased it's being revamped - it was looking pretty dated! Soarin' is great if the wait is small and you are on the top flight - I find otherwise looking at everyone's feet kind of spoils the effect. They definitely need to change the film to keep it fresh (or make it 3D too). Epcot is our family favourite: kids love the passports in the World Showcase and we love the international wines and beers! Nemo and Spaceship Earth remain popular with us as slower rides.

BIGEYE
01-08-2012, 17:59
Without Test Track, Epcot is boring apart from Mission Space, but they certainly make up for it with Illuminations.

grayster
02-08-2012, 00:30
Wow never heard it called boring. It's not a "rides" park though, never was. Already looking forward to our next visit at Xmas.

DisneyPrincess
11-08-2012, 14:24
Im not a fan of epcot to be honest - we wont be going on our next trip. But i do love test track, mission space and soarin - nemo is good fun too!

Have to agree with Martin and Sue on the 'Ellen's Energy' ride - both me and my partner actually fell asleep on it last time!