PDA

View Full Version : In WDW For Mother's Day, Anything Special Going On

disneylandfan28
11-02-2004, 00:41
Aloha everyone!

We will be in WDW during Mother's Day, and was wondering if there will be anything special going on for that day? (I was reading the thread about the birthdays.) I know they have Mother's Day brunches but anything else?

Mahalo!

P.S. I'm a newbie, so please go easy on me![msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-02-2004, 01:33
Hi and welcome to the forum,
I'm not sure if you are from the UK or elswhere possibly Hawaii? Just to let you know that in the UK Mother's Day is in March but in the US I think I'm right in saying that Mother's Day is not celebrated until the begining of May.

If you want to dine at Disney then you will almost certainly need to book ahead. Call 407 WDW DINE to make your reservation.

As you will see from other threads there are plenty of places for a celebratory meal.

Whenever you are travelling have fun in the Florida sun and best wishes to Mothers everywhere.

Sarah

blott
11-02-2004, 02:19
If you go to the Iron Chef, a Chinese restaurant on the 192 on US Mother's Day, all mothers get a gift!

chrisj
11-02-2004, 02:25
Sorry to intrude on this thread,

The chinese food from memory isnt like ours, it has no MSG in it or thats what we found
last year at a place we ordered some from and it wasnt that nice, so we asked, or was
that just the place we went to

blott
11-02-2004, 02:37
It was the place you went to - the Iron Chef is a great buffet of all sorts of Chinese goodies and the food's great! [msnwink]

Nothing to stop you taking your own monosodium glutamate (or Chinese taste powder!) I guess and throwing it all over your food but we thought the food tasted just the same as in the UK, only better.

chrisj
11-02-2004, 03:17
Im glad you spelt it I did try honest but gave up

So seriously we didnt like it at all, so if the food is
like that should we not bother, I just thought it might
have just been that place

blott
11-02-2004, 03:50
The Iron Chef is next door to Dunkin' Donuts. Oh, could you have gone to the Las Vegas buffet? That does English food too and is next door to an empty shop and one of those cheapo gift stores.

Iron Chef has an excellent buffet of Chinese food and the place inside actually looks like a proper Chinese restaurant. Can't really help with any more descriptions!

chrisj
11-02-2004, 12:49
Will try again in July as we all like chinese, perhaps it was me

caroline
11-02-2004, 13:42
We use the Chinese restaurant at Champions Gate it's called China 1, they deliver :D or you can eat in, the foods been absolutely gorgeous, very similar to at home just HUGE portions!

chrisj
11-02-2004, 14:37
Thanks will have to try that one out

Amirah
11-02-2004, 18:52
I think it's illegal over here for them to use MSG in the foods they prepare for the public.

chrisj
11-02-2004, 19:13
Wheres champion Gate Caroline ????

Do they know something we dont then Amirah

blott
11-02-2004, 19:24
Well, there's for MSG http://www.glutamate.org/ and there's against MSG http://www.holisticmed.com/msg/

You've opened up a real can of worms here Chris!

Turn left out of Crescent Lakes, turn left at the 17/92 traffic lights, turn right signposted I4 about 2-3 miles on, keep going and you should (I think) pass through Championsgate.

chrisj
11-02-2004, 19:30
Cheers for the info Blott

Sorry about the can of worms :D

Claire
11-02-2004, 20:07
Amirah/Chris/Everyone

Hooray for MSG being illegal!

When you have had the reactions I have had to eating meals containing MSG, you would be grateful for it being left out!! I have been hospitalised at least 3 times from a racing heart caused by a reaction to MSG - when I say racing, I mean 220 beats per minute for something like 8 hours!! Once that has happened to you a few times, you never touch anything which could contain MSG again!! And you would not believe how difficult that can be - food manufacturers chuck the stuff into EVERYTHING. Still, if we all looked at the labels on food a bit more closely, I don't think we would eat anything!

CLAIRE

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-02-2004, 21:06
That's true Claire - when we were over in Florida at Christmas we found loads of food that contained human hair [msneek] - look for L-Cystine in the ingredients - it can be manufactured synthetically but most US food producers use human hair as it's a lot cheaper - yuck!

You will find it mostly in bakery type products like bagels and bread.

The hair comes from south east Asia and no-one is certain whether it comes from people that are alive or corpses [msnscared]

chrisj
12-02-2004, 00:49
erm ok no chinese for us then b

Bigblue33
13-02-2004, 02:19
Ummm I'll try not to think about it when I'm munching my bagels. Chris try SZECHUAN BEEF. It's a wee bit spicy but very nice. I was in New York the first time I tried it. Funnily enough I've had it over here a few times and it always tastes different! I think the problem with the Chinese food is, we get the European style of chinese grub and the Americans get the "real deal".
Then again I may just be talking a load of noodles!

Don

chrisj
13-02-2004, 02:24
Don

Your not, a Friend of mine went to China, and hated the food. It was then explained that
they change the way its prepared and cooked for the english.