PDA

View Full Version : Best maps?

firsttimer
10-02-2004, 15:17
Is it best to buy an atlas or fold out map before you go, or can you easily get one when you arrive.
Have you got any suggestions of the best sort. Can you still get the fold out ones from petrol stations (sorry I mean gas)?

We find it useful to take some post it sticky pads which we cut up and stick along the route we are planning to take helps the mapreader.
I also like to take a highlighter and use this in a similar way and this gives a reminder later on about where we have been.

kevinprewett
10-02-2004, 16:16
quote:Originally posted by firsttimer

Is it best to buy an atlas or fold out map before you go, or can you easily get one when you arrive.
Have you got any suggestions of the best sort. Can you still get the fold out ones from petrol stations (sorry I mean gas)?

We find it useful to take some post it sticky pads which we cut up and stick along the route we are planning to take helps the mapreader.
I also like to take a highlighter and use this in a similar way and this gives a reminder later on about where we have been.

Always found Rand McNally maps to be the best, available everywhere gas stations but you will find them cheaper at Publix etc.
[msnwink]

firsttimer
10-02-2004, 16:50
derrr What is Publix?

kevinprewett
11-02-2004, 00:49
quote:Originally posted by firsttimer

derrr What is Publix?

Sorry- Publix is a large supermarket chain[msnwink]

Nostromo
11-02-2004, 02:16
If you're prepared to spend upto $19, by far the two best maps ate GREATER METRO ORLANDO STREET ATLAS by www.universalmap.com or ORLANDO AREA STREET ATLAS from www.trakkermaps.com. Both are AA street atlas type large scale maps with several pages. Each is as good as the other.