PDA

View Full Version : My first time - Help!

Essexgirl
10-02-2004, 03:36
Hello everyone!

Having decided we'd like to go to Florida I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the info and options available. Finding this site has been really helpful and I've calmed down a bit now.

We're looking at going to Florida at the beginning of May 2005 and I quite like the sound of Crescent Lakes. We've got two children aged 5 and 7 and my in-laws may be coming too so we would be looking at a 3 bed villa. I've looked at a few on this site and they look fantastic - better than my own home!

If we were to go in May would we need the pool to be heated or would it be warm enough without?

Basically any advice would be most appreciated ie flights/car hire/best attraction tickets and also any companies which are best avoided.

I look forward to chatting to you again soon.

Many thanks.

blott
10-02-2004, 03:40
Hi Essexgirl

Welcome to the forum! Crescent Lakes is a great place to stay.

May's a good time to go, not too hot and not much rain and pool heating's usually recommended between November and April so depends if you're going at the beginning of May or the end.

There are links on the top part of each page of the forum to car rental, flights and park tickets so make sure that you check them out and also lots of info all over the forums to help you with your planning.

If you can't find an answer, just shout!

shazbat
10-02-2004, 14:39
Hi Essexgirl,
just to say that we have been out to florida a few times in May and have never needed the pool heated--what you could do is wait until you get there and see what you think--the management company would charge you a call out to put it on if you did decide you wanted it switched on but you will probably find you wont need it on.We have a villa on Crescent lakes and think its a great place to be based--not that i'm biased !!!Anyway-i'm sure you will enjoy your holiday wherever you stay!
Shazbat.

Essexgirl
11-02-2004, 01:56
To Blott and Shazbat

Many thanks for your advice so far. The advice about the pool heating was really useful to know. I've done a general search for a 3 bed villa and am just sifting through the responses. I've never had so many e.mails!

Once again thanks. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!:)

chrisj
11-02-2004, 02:12
EssexGirl

If you decide on Crescent Lakes, you will love the place. Its so quiet and means you can
relax after a day out at the parks

As Blott says, check out the price of car hire and tickets from this site. I can confirm they
are amongst the best deals you will find. Cant comment about flights as we have always booked
our own.

Also again as said above, just ask away, I do and always get my queries answered

Ruth
11-02-2004, 03:43
I have to say that our family like pool heat all year round (even in July/August). My children are quite young too and they get cold very quickly if the pool is not heated and just want to get out:(

huckleberry house
11-02-2004, 03:50
I also do the same as Ruth and have the pool heat on whatever the time of year.It helps when the weather is hot to lower the differential between your body heat and the water temperature.

Different owners have different policies on heating though and you may have to decide before you go depending on the villa you select,not all can offer the facility to wait until you arrive.

Lesley

caroline
11-02-2004, 13:28
Like Ruth and Lesley we have the pool heat on at any time of the year, I don't do cold water;)

Lesley S
11-02-2004, 13:48
No I don't think that you will need pool heat on in May. The water should be warm enough.