PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater

orlandobabe
18-05-2002, 08:25
Had an overnight stay here-very nice-but Saturday nights are very noisy. Lovely beach, very laid back and you get a great buffet breakfast at the Clearwater Beach Hotel for $10
Well worth a visit

Orlandobabe

debbie
18-05-2002, 13:45
Hello Orlandobabe,

We went to Clearwater for three days last year we had a great time. Loved the beach - sand is so white and fine, and the sunsets were beautiful. Saw dolphins from the end of pier 60 - catching fish attracted to the lights in the night.

Debbie

orlandobabe
19-05-2002, 18:28
Oh-I didn't know you coulod see dolphins from the pier. Has anyone taken the dolphin cruise-I didn't fancy it as we were there for such a short time
We ate at Britts while we there and the food was excellent-and not expensive.

Orlandobabe

debbie
20-05-2002, 22:14
We went on a dolphin trip but didn't see any, we were so dissapointed, it was a good trip though and the children fed the birds with bread out of thier hands.

Seeing the dolphin from the pier that night more than made up for it though. I'm sure the sight of ten squealing welsh people running back and fore each side of the pier, as it swam underneath, was one to see!

Debbie

sue
28-05-2002, 14:32
Can anyone recommend a nice hotel to stay in, preferably near the beach? We are going to Orlando in July and wanted to take a few days out at the beach. is this a good place to go?

tinkerbell
29-05-2002, 17:09
Hi Sue, we have beent o Clearwater twice, and both times styed at the seraton sand key resort, its really nice, has its won private beach and a great pool.

I havn't been on the dolphin trip myself orlandobabe, but my partner has been and highly reccomends it!

We ate at a restaurant on the pier too and had excellent food, cant remember the name though. Bug place right at the end of the pier does good seafood!!!!

Tink

orlandobabe
29-05-2002, 20:50
We had an amazing room at the red roof inn. You could easily hold a party in it-it must have been 30 feet long with it's own little cooking area. You had a view of the beach and it cost $100

Orlandobabe

bonnie
29-05-2002, 22:48
Hi Sue, the Holiday Inn Sunspree resort Clearwater Beach is very nice not too expensive considered moderate priced, right on the beach. Bonnie

sue
30-05-2002, 19:46
Thanks guys :)

paul
18-06-2002, 15:37
try the best western sea stone...$49 a night..you can book thro their website...its just off the beach but is overlooking a nice harbour..nice hotel!

if you are fit, have a walk along the beach 2-3 miles past pier 60 to caledesi island state park...beautiful place..voted in the top 5 american beaches!!

paul

casperdje
31-07-2002, 02:26
quote:
We had an amazing room at the red roof inn. You could easily hold a party in it-it must have been 30 feet long with it's own little cooking area. You had a view of the beach and it cost $100

Orlandobabe

dave and teresa

ian
31-07-2002, 13:39
We've stayed a couple of times at Adams Mark in Clearwater. It's right on the beach.
Ian