PDA

View Full Version : Unspoilt view at epcot,gauranteed!

drino
19-01-2012, 19:14
I have posted this before but cant find it...we went epcot and have been like 4 times before and just by pure chance we found a little secret to have the most superb view!
You wont get in trouble either but last time we went someone was hogging the railing with his wife and 2 kids,we found a little secret near him and should of seen his face hahaha!!!

Pm me for details might get in trouble posting it lol

Andy & Arlene
20-01-2012, 11:58
Eh???? I'm totally lost about your post. Can you explain please?

Pookie
20-01-2012, 12:23
Me too, but very intrigued.....

florida4sun
20-01-2012, 12:43
It's fine you can post it on here Drino.

Mutbeav8
20-01-2012, 20:21
If its the secret door to the roof of the big ball done it

drino
20-01-2012, 21:11
Nope it aint.........i will write it up and post it...unless anyone who i have pm'D CAN COPY AND PASTE WHAT I WROTE...

roger
20-01-2012, 22:03
Yes it's fine to post the details on here, assuming it's nothing illegal of course!

Madabouttigger
21-01-2012, 11:00
If its the secret door to the roof of the big ball done it

This sounds intresting, can we have more information please?

drino
22-01-2012, 09:10
For sure...listen we have done this twice and its truly brilliant..as you know or not aware of people sit and stand by the railings like over an hr before 9pm for firework display,and it is amazing to see! You need google earth for this direction im gonna give you and you can always do a reccy' of the area to know where you gonna slip the net' haha!
Go to canada with the water on your left,now in google earth on the left in canada you will see a icon and it says when over it ' view of morrocco from canada'.
Now that rock(obviously not real)nearest that icon,is where you need to be wide eyed during your visit so you know where to go nearer 9pm.

Hope your staying with this?

Looking at the water next to the rock,which will be on your right,there is a gate,kinda disguised same coulur as the rock,now lean over the right side of gate and you will see a slide lock which is always open no padlock(again can only see if leaning over...slide open at 1 minute to 9pm 3 or 4 people can go thru and sit with un spoilt views of everything i just stood next to gate...there are railings in front also so you cant go near the water...The look on this guys face as he'd been their for an hr and we just arrived hahaha!! like i said do a reccy of the area first,you wont get in trouble as all staff watching fireworks also....

sammibabe
19-02-2012, 21:07
We'd be the ones told to move cos staff were watching us on that day and not the fireworks!

florida4sun
20-02-2012, 08:09
I know the place well, it is one of a few spots they use for VIP viewing. Fine to use but you do risk being moved on, which can be a little embarrassing.
The show is an ariel show and and all positions are good, except downwind which can be a bit foggy.
We used to avidly grab a front position and stand waiting got sometime. Thenwe realised it was more fun to stand back behind the crowd in any of the raised areas. Lots more room, great view and easy access to concessons. During busy times you will beat the crowd out of the park too.

Karen
22-02-2012, 08:09
Where is the best elevated spot Martin?

florida4sun
22-02-2012, 11:01
No particular favorite as it depends if there is a breeze or not. Pretty much each country has its vantage points, the key is to check them out as you walk round.

Karen
22-02-2012, 15:48
Thanks Martin that is great [msnsmile2]

drino
09-04-2012, 20:17
Well we'll be back to epcot in january...be hitting my favourite spot for the illuminations lol....

Lyn
11-04-2012, 15:19
We'd be the ones told to move cos staff were watching us on that day and not the fireworks!

Yes that would be us as well. I have looked on google earth but not had any look finding it.

drino
13-04-2012, 19:55
to be fair we stumbled across it by mistake...in google earth there is a red roofed building in canada,directly opposit that near the water you will see a beige coloured rock,this is where you do the observation when you get near that area...on the left of that rock is a gate...and its latch is hidden on the inside over the top...
Its an absolute gem of a spot no one infront of you...

MTP
13-04-2012, 22:54
Drino,

Is this the building you are referring to? If so, I think it is the stage area:

I suspect that because it is a gated area then the cast members will have the right to come along and ask you to move from that area, however, I guess if you get away with it then your luck would be in.

Personally my favourite spot is to be at the balcony at the Japanese pavilion, at the restaurant - nice elevated view.

drino
14-04-2012, 12:49
No its not no where near the stage..on the left of that picture you see a brownish beige rock its their,water side...like i said you need to take a look during the day...you will see it..

DaveL
02-05-2012, 12:32
Well I know this forum is popluar but I guess it must be required reading for Disney as well.

I was in EPCOT yesterday for lunch as the Italian restaurant reopened so I thought I would check this for future readers of this thread.

Well you now need to find another spot unless you are good at jumping fences or picking locks. As you can see from the photo below there is now a nice new pad lock on the gate.

Dave

drino
02-06-2012, 08:50
Ye learnt to pick that kinda lock years ago....not a problem! hahahaha....

PAUL GIZZI
26-12-2012, 12:20
anyone post photo of there this is?

DaveL
26-12-2012, 12:43
Please check earlier posts in this thread.

Dave

PAUL GIZZI
29-12-2012, 09:00
Hi Dave

I have and all i can work out there oppisite the large rocks? just wondered if anyone have an actual photo of this gate.

DaveL
29-12-2012, 09:43
As the gate is now locked with a pad lock (see photo I posted) this thread is now redundant.

You may have been able to walk through an unlocked gate before but climbing over a locked one will more than likey draw the attention of the Disney people. The fact that they have now put a padlock on the gate means that they do not want you here.

Dave

PAUL GIZZI
30-12-2012, 15:23
Thanks Dave. look like go early again...lol