PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning All!

mark_lacey
02-01-2012, 08:30
Hello all

My name is Mark. Me and my other half are going to Orlando, Florida for the first time in Sept 2012

we have gone all out, hiring a gold villa, convertible, park tickets etc. really looking forward to going

i do have a few questions regarding our epic first time trip and stumbled along this site and i know i can get the answers i need from here

great to be part of the community, cant wait to go to Orlando ;)

DaveL
02-01-2012, 09:02
Welcome to forum and we hope we can help with answers to your questions.

We have had thousands of visitors asking questions on the forum and have a wealth of knowledge already stored. You may save yourself some typing and a wait for a reply if you try the SEARCH box at the top right of the forum.

It's not infallible but can often find an answer to your question very quickly. Either way you still have a group of experts here who should have enough knowledge to answer almost any question you come up with.

It only remains to say have a good holiday and we look forward to your next posts.

Regards Dave

Katys Grandad
02-01-2012, 09:30
Welcome!

May I ask what a 'Gold' villa is?

DaveL
02-01-2012, 10:29
Welcome!

May I ask what a 'Gold' villa is?

Many of the travel companies try to band their homes by some sort of feature so that they can charge more for the higher bands.

Thus you will find 3 to 6 star villas, silver, gold and any other precious metal you can come up with.

As they are defined by each company they can mean almost anything and you need to read the description to find out what you might really get.

Most villa owners, certainly on theses sites, would welcome a standard grading system as most on here would be in the top band.

Regards Dave

Katys Grandad
02-01-2012, 10:33
Many of the travel companies try to band their homes by some sort of feature so that they can charge more for the higher bands.

Thus you will find 3 to 6 star villas, silver, gold and any other precious metal you can come up with.

As they are defined by each company they can mean almost anything and you need to read the description to find out what you might really get.

Most villa owners, certainly on theses sites, would welcome a standard grading system as most on here would be in the top band.

Regards Dave

Thanks for that - not the picture that came to mind when I read it!!

Andrena
02-01-2012, 12:50
Never heard of it before, but as Dave says it is probably just a marketing ploy to persuade people to pay extra. I doubt that there are many homes on this site that would not be at least 'gold' on some of these sites, if not higher.

Andrena

Andrena
02-01-2012, 12:52
Mark, I hope that you didn't pay more for your park tickets than the great prices on the OV site?

Andrena

luckylady
02-01-2012, 13:47
Welcome Mark to OV forum . Ask as many questions as you like I would be very surprised if one of us doesn't know the answer.
Visiting Florida for the very first time wil be a very memorable experience.

jimiansville
02-01-2012, 13:54
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. If you have any questions about your trip I'm sure they can be answered here. You must be really excited about your trip - I'm sure you will love it!

DaveL
02-01-2012, 14:44
Thanks for that - not the picture that came to mind when I read it!!

Come to think of they may just have painted the villa with gold paint.

Now where did I put that can of Platinium paint.[;)]

Dave

Appledore
02-01-2012, 15:11
Welcme to this Forum. & A Happy New Year
Have fun planning your holiday.
Elaine

mark_lacey
02-01-2012, 20:20
Wow! a very warm welcome from everyone, thank you sooo much

we have definitely shopped around for our park tickets and find ourselves hopefully adding on the final piece of the jigsaw, seaworld and busch gardens very soon!

I already have a countdown on my phone going!

Dads_Taxi
02-01-2012, 22:46
Hello all

My name is Mark. Me and my other half are going to Orlando, Florida for the first time in Sept 2012

we have gone all out.........

Hi Mark, welcome from me too.

You say you're going "all out", and you also mention you've not committed to Sea World yet. May I suggest you consider Discovery Cove. For us, it is the best day of our holiday by far. It looks really expensive when you first see the prices, but you have to consider that the price is an all-inclusive price, so your food and drink is included for the day - a great breakfast and lovely lunch and all the soft drinks and snacks you can manage! - and it also includes unlimited entrance to Sea World and/or Busch.
Worth thinking about if you're going for the extra-special holiday.

Cheers, enjoy the planning :)

Newhomebuyer
02-01-2012, 23:06
Welcome Mark. You are going to have a fabulous time. It can seem daunting at first but so much fun is to be had in the planning. This is the right place to ask questions or just to chat about your future adventures. my piece of advice is to do something that is about Florida and not just the theme parks. All of them are great but the unique thing about this state is to be found on an airboat ride or photographing the bird life, or riding the St Johns River. Try to save time for the small things. Discovery Cove is certainly a special day and Busch gardens are well worth a visit.

domster
05-01-2012, 09:27
Welcome to the forum Mark. I am sure you will be very supprised by the difference in a villa and a hotel room. Not much to compare really as you will have your own pool and facilities etc. Never heard of the gold banding for villas but this must be their best ones they offer.We stayed with Thomas Cook last Year in Turkey and that was a gold Hotel and was very nice. Have a great time.

mexico
05-01-2012, 18:08
Welcome to the forum and happy new year mark, you will soon become as addicted to this forum as you will to Florida itself once you have visited!!! We have been going to Orlando for twelve years and only discovered this forum last year, and yes we are still learning more and last year saved a considerable amount of money with advice that was given on here! So here is my first pearl of wisdom! Lol! Don't try to do everything, I'm sure at this point you will believe it is a once in a lifetime so your going to go for it!! But believe me when Florida works its magic on you you will be hooked ! So enjoy!! The planning is all part of the fun!!!! Pauline

DisneyPrincess
22-04-2012, 14:44
Welcome to the forum :D