PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Grand Caravan, 7 seater from Dollar

Scorpio
20-11-2011, 10:47
Hello, we rented this one for a party of 5 adults, 5 large cases, 5 pieces of hand luggage and a wheelchair. By folding down 2 of the rear row seats, we fitted all of the luggage easily, without anyone needing to hold anything on their knees, or in front of them. Once we reached the villa and unloaded the luggage, we put the rear row seats back up and folded one of the middle row seats into the floor, leaving loads of space and making it easier to reach the rear seats.

Scorpio
29-11-2011, 10:46
Just a bit more info about this car - the gas tank holds 20 gallons, but just to be safe, we found that when the "low fuel" light comes on, $50 (about 15 gallons) will bring it to just below the "full" mark (at todays price of $3.22 per gallon). The first time we filled it, we put in $40 (about 12 gallons) and it raised the level to just under the 3/4 mark. The car is (understandably) much more responsive when the "Economy" mode is switched off, making it better to drive, especially in the busy traffic when you sometimes need to get a burst of speed.

bargainqueen
29-11-2011, 16:27
We had a Stow and Go last trip, took loads of photos with seats up and down and luggage space. Unfortunately for some reason can't load pictures off the camera so am unable to load them on here. Excellant car to drive and will be hiring one again on our next trip. We have 3 in our party but loads of cases, nine in total. Everything went in easily.
Very helpful information about the remaining fuel left when light first comes on. Now I know I'll definately have enough fuel to get us back to airport.

ukman
11-01-2012, 08:47
I love the Dodge Caravan. Very suitable for my family.

randyj
27-02-2012, 12:07
We always rent the caravans for our trips. Lots of pep, room and space for the luggage on our return trip to the Airport.

Spuddybaby
27-11-2012, 10:15
Had one of these for our trip earlier this month thought it was a great car.

for luggage size, there were three of us hwo picked it up with three suitcases, golf clubs, pushchair and handluggage.
Then my mum an dad came out the next day so driving back to downtown disney to check in we had...

4 adults, 1 child in a child seat, 5 suitcases, 2 sets of golf clubs, multiple hand luggage and a pushchair. there was just enough room for all of this, if we put two of the rear three seats down.

The guy at Alamo offered me a $200 upgrade for 16 nights to a Suburban.. looking at the prices of hiring one, i now wish i had taken it!

Philomena
27-11-2012, 13:05
We have had a Dodge Caravan when there has been 6 adults travelling and there was loads of room for all - and all the shopping. There is just the two of us this trip so rented a mid-size SUV from Dollar and picked a Captiva from the row of about 8 they gave us to choose from. Mostly Jeeps and Ford Escapes - both of which we have had previously, but then the guy parked the Captiva at the side of the car we had eventually chosen (having had our luggage in and out of 4 vehicles) and we thought 'why not'!! Have to say it is really nice, economical, and extremely quiet, only a few months old with 5K on the clock - but please, next time just give us a set of keys and point us towards a specific vehicle!!!!

Tonish
29-11-2012, 01:21
The guy at Alamo offered me a $200 upgrade for 16 nights to a Suburban.. looking at the prices of hiring one, i now wish i had taken it!

That was a great deal! Can't say we have ever come across as good an offer as that. It's usually way more expensive to upgrade at the desk.

LiesaAnna
29-11-2012, 19:15
we usually get a dodge caravan for the 4 of us.. suits us down to the ground...

Kissyme
17-12-2012, 12:04
There will be six of us travelling so my question is do the rear seats fold independently thus giving us a bit more boot space ?

MTP
17-12-2012, 13:04
From memory it is a 2/1 split so that you could put down one single seat and have the two together. The only issue is that the one that you put down is not in the middle so the two on the bench seat on the back will be right together. If this is just for the run to/from the airport it's not an issue, equally you may actually gain a fraction more space by leaving the back bench seat as three and then folding down one of the middle row into the floor. It makes it easy for the three to get into the back and you then not only get the space in the centre of the car where the chair was, but also the space in between the middle row seats and you can also eat up a little of the leg room from the rear seats as well, dependant on the passenger's size. If you just put down the rear seat you gain a longer thinner space and you also then use up some of your boot space.

It's definitely flexible with what you can do, though.

Kissyme
17-12-2012, 14:21
Many thanks for that. Hubbie wants a full size SUV but it seems to me that to get seven seats you loose almost all the boot, so will have to push for the minivan I think.

MTP
17-12-2012, 14:22
I have to say that I've been tempted many times by the full-size SUV ... however ... the head rules and we end up with a Minivan. For preference I like the Chrysler Town & Country over the Dodge Caravan, but essentially they're the same vehicle.

mdj1
14-01-2013, 01:11
We've booked one of these for 5 adults and a baby. I'm thinking it might be a bit tight to and from the airport but other than that it will be ideal.

Do you think we would be better off putting down the single seat in the back or would be get more room putting down a single seat in the middle.