PDA

View Full Version : Park Expansion!

MTP
09-11-2011, 01:04
I see that SeaWorld will be expanding a new area within the park - Antartica!

Here's a quote from the release:

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin will be SeaWorld Orlando’s biggest-ever attraction expansion, opening spring 2013.

Through the years, SeaWorld Orlando has taken you to far-flung corners of the globe, immersing you in exotic places and introducing them to unique worlds of adventure. But no journey is bigger -- or as incredible -- as the one to come in 2013. It’s a voyage to the bottom-of-the-world, to the coldest and windiest continent, to a place of ice more than 9,000 feet thick. It’s a journey to Antarctica and to the empire of the penguin.

You’ll be surrounded by the sights, sounds and awesome encounters found in this frozen place, embarking on a one-of-a-kind ride and an incredible family adventure. You’ll experience the mystery and wonder of life on the ice through the eyes of a penguin, sensing the beauty and drama of their sometimes-dangerous habitat. Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin combines closer-than-ever animal connections with state-of-the-art interactive ride technologies for adventures that are different each time. And, it’s safe to say Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin will be the coldest theme park attraction in the world!

A year-and-a-half from opening at SeaWorld Orlando, details are few. For now, SeaWorld Orlando’s Antarctica will stay as mysterious as its namesake continent.

“Only SeaWorld and its parks can take you on these journeys or bring these experiences to life,” said Orlando Parks President, Terry Prather. “We’re excited about what the future holds for our parks and for our fans.”

florida4sun
09-11-2011, 10:18
Excellent

mary and colin
09-11-2011, 13:39
This sounds good. Sea World is one of my favorite parks i love seeing and learning all about the animals. We always spend ages just watching the Mannatee's.

Mary

msmiff
09-11-2011, 14:34
Sea World's present penguin / puffin exibit has always been one of our favorites....
Have spent ages watching them above & under water.
Hopefully, a new setting can only be better !!!!

Madabouttigger
09-11-2011, 16:30
Hopefully they will improve the polar bears enclosure at the same time. [msnsad]

carl mcguigan
10-11-2011, 12:43
Well said Diane, my daughter refused to revisit Antarctica with her daughters on our last visit as she was so upset by a very depressed looking bear on our last visit.

MTP
10-11-2011, 14:55
It may be worth e-mailing SeaWorld about your disappointment, if they are unaware that this is how people feel, then they may not do anything to change things.

ellie
10-11-2011, 21:18
The area to the north (?) of the dolphin cove where the manatees used to be is now boarded up. No more details, except that it is going to be amazing. The area looks quite extensive.

Wild Arctic was shut this week, too, for a few days - both the ride and the animal experience, reopened on the 9th. I have to say I also hate to see the poor polar bears lying on fake snow, when these magnificent creatures should be roaming free. If I have a 'gripe' with Seaworld it has to be the stingrays. Poor things, swimming round and round that horrid shallow concrete pool, the odd one rising up out of the water to splash the onlookers. I try to avoid this area whenever we go, but it is very popular.

But, despite this, it is one of our favourite parks and the dolphin and whale show is superb, as is the new Shamu show. Being smaller than the Disney parks it is very easy to get round. The park is a delight to look at with wonderful tropical plants and trees, and has so much to offer the whole family.

DisneyPrincess
10-03-2012, 15:03
Cant wait!

DisneyPrincess
14-03-2012, 20:09
Ellie I totally agree with you about the park. Absolutely one of our favourites :)

brownm
07-05-2012, 07:00
TURTLE TRACK opened last week 27th of April and we managed a PREVIEW VISIT 2 days before it officially opened, WOW Well worth a visit.

DisneyPrincess
19-05-2012, 15:13
Whats turtle track?

florida4sun
19-05-2012, 15:18
About TurtleTrekIn the same way SeaWorld brought attention to the plight of the manatee – the park’s attraction, "Manatee Rescue," created interest that helped to save the species – at TurtleTrek, we will showcase the vulnerable sea turtle and ask everyday heroes across the globe to help make a difference in saving animals in the wild.
No animal’s life journey is more incredible than that of the sea turtle. From hatching on a beach and making the mad dash to open waters to the dangers and hazards they face as they mature and return to the very same beach to lay their own eggs, their tales of life underwater have in the past been impossible to show. And no theme park in the world is better equipped than SeaWorld to share that journey with millions of people.
Now is your chance to find out what it’s like to "be a turtle" and learn about the incredible journey these amazing animals face throughout their lives. From a turtle’s point of view, go on the epic journey to see the challenges and hardships faced to survive and make it back to the beach where you were hatched.
And when you leave this incredible attraction, hopefully you’ll be inspired to help make the world a better place, by doing even the smallest things. Remember, it has to start somewhere. See how you can turn into an Everyday Hero too.

DisneyPrincess
19-05-2012, 20:44
Ooh looking forward to this...and hopefully the Antarctica section will be up and running by next summer too :D