PDA

View Full Version : West facing pool

Andrewc
07-02-2004, 03:15
I have been reading the comments others have mentioned about getting a south facing pool as against a north facing one.

Unfortunately where we want to buy their are only plots left with north, west, east facing pools no south.

In the order of the 3 types left would you say west the best one to go for?. Does anyone have a west facing pool property?, Good/bad?

TIA

fiona
07-02-2004, 03:22
I would go for west, you get all the glorious evening sun - and in the summer it makes no difference.

huckleberry house
07-02-2004, 03:36
Out of the ones you list then yes, West would be your best choice all other thing being equal.It isnt the only thing to consider though,will you be backing to other homes or are there any plots with a lake/conservation view ? that can also make a difference.

Lesley

Nigel W
07-02-2004, 14:46
west is far best as the sun comes from front to back and you get a wunderfull sun set. i have the sun on my pool 10.30.[8D]

Andrewc
07-02-2004, 16:13
>It isnt the only thing to consider though,will you be backing to other homes or are there any plots with a lake/conservation view ? that can also make a difference.

The best view is north facing (over a lake) and i was originally going to go for this, however my concern is what others have said about the sun.

In the winter months (christmas when we will be there) im concerned that we won't get any sun at the back

My realtor tells me in the summer months the sun is high so a north facing pool does get sun - true?, but im now really concerned about these winter months which is why i am thinking maybe i should chose the west.
im totally stuck what to do [msneek]. I have to make decision or all the lots will be gone

Carla
07-02-2004, 16:26
Can you extend the decking area on the North facing plot so that the pool is quite some way from the back of the house? If you can, then it will still be in full sun year round and you'll have the added bonus of a very large deck for sunbathing etc..

South facing pool is only one thing that you need to consider. Many guests are more concerned about the view from the pool area and privacy etc..

orlandobabe
09-02-2004, 20:59
Maybe Andrew -it might be wiser to wait a little.

It'll be an awful lot of money you are parting with and if you do it in haste you'll have a long time to regret it. For every couple of happy owners on here-there's one who wishes they did something different.

My friend took several visits before she found her dream villa. I was lucky I found mine on the same day I went looking.

Ruth
10-02-2004, 01:29
My pool faces North East, I have a single storey villa, extended decking and a large pool and it gets plenty of sun all year round. Carla and Lesley are right, the outlook is more important to a lot of guests than which way the pool faces anyway:)Don't buy unless you are sure it is what YOU want though as it would be a VERY expensive mistake;)

quote:Originally posted by Carla

Can you extend the decking area on the North facing plot so that the pool is quite some way from the back of the house? If you can, then it will still be in full sun year round and you'll have the added bonus of a very large deck for sunbathing etc..