PDA

View Full Version : Detectives required to find where I stayed!

drifting
06-02-2004, 03:21
May sound crazy, but we stayed at quite a nice house off 192 a few years back, and for the life of me I cannot remember the owner / location. The only parts that I do remember is that there was a dirt track road that made a fantastic shortcut down the back of the 192, in fact I remember that this road went past the back of the China thing? (Sorry that name escapes me too!):D
I also recall that the roads seem to have a lot of English names.
As another clue, the house was being looked after by a family that had escaped from the UK, the wife came round to introduce herself, and fill us in on the details, and the husband did the pool cleaning etc. Think they had two young daughters (at the time) and came from Up North..(UK that is).

As I am in a hurry to rent again for the period 18th Feb to 3rd march, I would appreciate their contact details if anyone has them?

If that was not enough clues, I may even be able to dig a picture out and post it.

Regards Paul.

huckleberry house
06-02-2004, 03:33
Hi Paul
Welcome to the forum.Sorry I cannot help with your search,have you looked at the community map to see if any names ring a bell,I think if I recall correctly that Lindfields has some Englsih road names but I may be wrong about that.
To be honest even if you can locate the house and the owners they may either have sold up or the home may well be rented already for those dates.At such short notice you may be best putting out a general enquiry on www.villasflorida.com ,www.orlandovillas.com or www.onlinefloridavillas.com and see who could accommodate you for those dates.There have been a few changes since your last visit and there are many lovely communities and homes around that I am sure you will love if all else fails.
Lesley

Here is the link to the map
http://www.villasflorida.com/map.asp

drifting
06-02-2004, 03:42
I think you are right, it was Lindfields. I do take your point about the time factor. I have contacted one of the sites on the list you gave, so hopefully someone will come up with a property for us.

This was supposed to be an organized holiday, but my sister (who is American, and who will be meeting up with us) never replies to her email until last minute, and I lost the house I had organized.

Thanks for the help.

Regards Paul.

Peter from Lancashire
09-02-2004, 00:22
Hi Paul, sorry we are a bit late answering but we think that the Community sound a lot like Indian Ridge/Indian Ridge Oaks to us as we stayed in a villa in the Indian Ridge Oaks Community in July last year(2003)![msncool]

We regularly went down the dirt track type road which lead to Splendid China and then to the 192.

The road names on Indian Ridge were boys and girls christian names: Robert, John, Jennie, Jodie, Jason, Karen, Simon, Hali, Angela, Alicia, Nikki, Benji, Abbie, Lester, Elizabeth and Maria.

[advert removed]

From Rob (Peter's son)

[email address removed]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-02-2004, 00:46
Lindfields has roads such as "Piccadilly Circle" and Cambridge something...etc etc. Sounds like Lindfields is the community you are thinking of.

Carla
09-02-2004, 01:23
A friend of mine has homes on Piccadilly and Bloomsbury. It's the only development that I know of, in that area, that has English place names for the street names.

blott
09-02-2004, 03:11
I'm certain it's Lindfields - other road names are Knottingham, Primrose, Cavendish, Eton. The dirt track road is called Funie Steed and it used to beat all the traffic jams on the 192 in the mornings when we stayed at Lindfields in 1996!

firsttimer
10-02-2004, 14:43
Paul, if you go to the villa pages look at the availablilty search. If you click "advanced" you can search for properties in the community you want eg Lindfield

drifting
10-02-2004, 20:40
quote:Originally posted by blott

I'm certain it's Lindfields - other road names are Knottingham, Primrose, Cavendish, Eton. The dirt track road is called Funie Steed and it used to beat all the traffic jams on the 192 in the mornings when we stayed at Lindfields in 1996!

That's the place! In the end we booked somewhere else, but I may just drive bay and verify.

I loved that dirt track, saved us quite a lot of time too, hence I remembered that part.

Regards

orlandobabe
14-02-2004, 02:52
from what I last heard the dirt track is no more! Or most of it anyway-as they upgrade the roads for the new developments to the south of it.

Shame as it used to be a haven for the wild life! Many a time we've passed snakes, vultures devoring their prey, armadilloes and racoons along it.

17-02-2004, 22:52
quote:Originally posted by drifting

May sound crazy, but we stayed at quite a nice house off 192 a few years back, and for the life of me I cannot remember the owner / location. The only parts that I do remember is that there was a dirt track road that made a fantastic shortcut down the back of the 192, in fact I remember that this road went past the back of the China thing? (Sorry that name escapes me too!):D
I also recall that the roads seem to have a lot of English names.
As another clue, the house was being looked after by a family that had escaped from the UK, the wife came round to introduce herself, and fill us in on the details, and the husband did the pool cleaning etc. Think they had two young daughters (at the time) and came from Up North..(UK that is).

The estate is Lindfields! The road is definitely Funie S and it runs form Lindfields passed Sunset lakes then its a dirt track to Emerald Isle and Oak Island Harbour where it was being tarmaced when we were last there.

Were the couple called Dave and Jean from Stoke on Trent? If Yes then I know the couple and may know the house.

Julie R
As I am in a hurry to rent again for the period 18th Feb to 3rd march, I would appreciate their contact details if anyone has them?

If that was not enough clues, I may even be able to dig a picture out and post it.

Regards Paul.

17-02-2004, 23:13
Paul drifting

Sorry my last post was mixed with your quote (I'm new to this!).

It is Lindfields and if the couple were Dave and Jean from Stoke on tTent then I know them and may know which house you stayed in. So dig out that photo!

regards,

Julie R