PDA

View Full Version : Quality Inn Plaza (International Drive)

Iainh23
05-02-2004, 22:57
Hi,

Has anyone stayed at this hotel (Across from The Pointe)

Im thinking of staying here in September and wondered if it was any good, also, was this hotel known as 'The Sheraton World Resort' at one time or am if wrong here, I know the Sheraton was in the same area and in brochures this reminds me of how the Sheraton looked. I also cant seem to see the Sheraton in any brochures these days.

Andy & Arlene
06-02-2004, 03:21
I have stayed in the Quality Inn Plaza. Very basic rooms, but very handy as well. You are right on I Drive with the trolleys running up and down. You have a Pizza Hut right next door (my favourite) and you're directly opposite Pointe Orlando. There's also helicopter rides next door and some sort of zoo, as there were always giraffes wandering around.

The Sheraton World Resort is a separate hotel altogether.

The hotels on I Drive are great if there are only a couple of you. But if there are more than 2 in your party, then I would seriously consider renting a villa. Much more space and of course, your very own pool to swim in anytime. Most hotels close off the pool in the evenings. Depending on your party size a villa will work out a lot cheaper than a few hotel rooms.[msnwink]

kevinprewett
06-02-2004, 12:06
quote:Originally posted by Iainh23

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at this hotel (Across from The Pointe)

Im thinking of staying here in September and wondered if it was any good, also, was this hotel known as "The Sheraton World Resort" at one time or am if wrong here, I know the Sheraton was in the same area and in brochures this reminds me of how the Sheraton looked. I also cant seem to see the Sheraton in any brochures these days.

Well positioned on I drive but basic.
[msnsmile]

ianandsue
06-02-2004, 23:44
Have stayed there - very basic - have to say it - rent a villa!

Iainh23
07-02-2004, 01:33
Thanks for the reply's so far.

There are only two of us going and we are looking more for a good location rather than luxery and we wont really be in the room that much and so basic is no problem.

On our last visit to Orlando we stayed in a Villa (off the 192) but for us the Villa was too far out of the way and so on this visit it will definatley be International Drive.

Any other suggestions for good value hotels on International Drive??? (I have stayed in the Rodeway Inn previosly aswell)

kevinprewett
07-02-2004, 10:44
quote:Originally posted by Iainh23

Thanks for the reply's so far.

There are only two of us going and we are looking more for a good location rather than luxery and we wont really be in the room that much and so basic is no problem.

On our last two visits to Orlando we stayed in Villa's (off the 192) but for us personally the Villas are too far out of the main goings on and so on this visit it will definatley be International Drive.

Any other suggestions for good value hotels on International Drive??? (I have stayed in the Rodeway Inn previosley aswell)

I can recommend Hawthorn Suites on Canada Drive,just off I.drive. You can rent suite with king-size bed for about the same orice as regular motel room. You get more space and a separate bedroom + complimentary buffet breakfast! When I looked for a friend recently the daily rate for 6-20th.sept. was $75/nt.
try:http://www.orlandosuites.com
[msnwink]

hyte1
09-02-2004, 21:03
We are staying in the Fairfield Inn & Suites, starting 8th March, will let you know what its like. Is on page 106 of the current virgin brochure if your interested. We were in a similar position - we would have loved a villa but as there are only two of use going it doesnt work out very cost effective. Also like you said we are just looking for somewhere to base ourselves as we intend on spending very little time in the hotel!

Iainh23
15-02-2004, 14:36
hyte1,

Thanks a lot, i will also look in the Virgin brochure, which i have here as i was planning on booking with Virgin anyway.

traceya89
11-08-2004, 04:33
Did you book up ?

stayed at quality inn plaza last year and very basic but central. we spent a week there and then headed to a condo on windsor palms on the 192 which was only about £50 more per week than the hotel and on reflection we wish we had stayed in condo the whole time. there were only 2 adults and 1 child and we chose the hotel so my little girl could have some kiddie company but the condo had abig communal pool and so we had the best of both worlds with a condo. Will definitely do the condo again, although if you stay in a hotel you do have more of a holiday feel to the holiday if you know what i mean!!!!

chrizzy100
11-08-2004, 05:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by traceya89
Did you book up ?

stayed at quality inn plaza last year and very basic but central. we spent a week there and then headed to a condo on windsor palms on the 192 which was only about £50 more per week than the hotel and on reflection we wish we had stayed in condo the whole time. there were only 2 adults and 1 child and we chose the hotel so my little girl could have some kiddie company but the condo had abig communal pool and so we had the best of both worlds with a condo. Will definitely do the condo again, although if you stay in a hotel you do have more of a holiday feel to the holiday if you know what i mean!!!!

[/quote]

I know what you mean about that holiday feel.....I missed that this time and owning a house in Orlando is making me lazy about going out.......its so easy to just sit on the sofa and watch TV.....[msncry]

Nostromo
11-08-2004, 12:12
The location (across the road from Pointe Orlando) seems handy for everything, being 'not far' from MCO, WDW, Universal, Sea World, Shopping Malls etc. If I am not mistaken, you will be near an I-Ride stop too, should you choose to use that mode of transport. Have a great time. :)

linda.s
11-08-2004, 13:29
We stayed ay the Quality Inn further up I drive last time we went. It was very, very basic. Wouldn't stay in a hotel again, but then there are 5 of us! The only good point was the bar and restaurant there. Both were nice for the evening. Whilst basic, you really don't spend that much time at your Florida "Home" wherever it is! However, it would have been nice to spend a day or 2 just relaxing, and we couldn't do that there. No hotel for us again! If there were just the 2 of us going, I'd consider a condo, or try to find a hotel with a suite rather than just a room. Mind you, if it was just the 2 of us, we might use a hotel & fly drive, so we could travel round and stop in various locations......... Hmmmm - maybe for the future!!! :D

Nostromo
11-08-2004, 13:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda.s
We stayed ay the Quality Inn further up I drive last time we went. It was very, very basic.
[/quote]

Am I right in thinking that Quality Inns in the US are generally same standard as Howard Johnson type hotels? That would be very basic and while probably OK for a night or two, it would not be my choice for a long orlando type holiday.

linda.s
11-08-2004, 14:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda.s
We stayed ay the Quality Inn further up I drive last time we went. It was very, very basic.
[/quote]

Am I right in thinking that Quality Inns in the US are generally same standard as Howard Johnson type hotels? That would be very basic and while probably OK for a night or two, it would not be my choice for a long orlando type holiday.
[/quote]

I'm sure they are. From the pictures in brochures, they all seem to have the same style bedrooms. Basic! They are fine if there are only 2 of you, and if you are travelling around, and only need a bed, and maybe a meal or drink in the evening, so you can stagger to your room, but to be honest, I would only use them to tour in the future. One or two nights are enough! We were so very tired one day, and really didn't want to go out, but we had to, as five of us staying in one room to rest wasn't practical, especially as the room was no more than 18' x 12', with 2 double beds, a put-u-up bed, 2 chairs, small table, and chest units with a TV. No room to move! We still loved the holiday though!

Cruella DeVilla
11-08-2004, 16:14
We have stayed at La Quinta Inn and Suites and that is very nice about $120 a night. We are off there a week today infact. Ameri Suites is ok although could do with some refurbishment, you can get that for $90 a night, less if you have a coupon!!! Best Western is your basic hotel room cheap and cheerful, about $60 a night. All located in an ideal situation. It will be our last time staying on I drive/Universal B as our villa will be ready next time in December. I will, sort of, miss the nearness of everything...but the luxury of a villa will soon make me forget I am sure.
:D

bridget
31-08-2004, 23:31
My parents stayed here a few years ago - they said it was good. The location is brilliant. All the hotels are pretty much the same anyway but Quality Inn Plaza is in a great location plus you've got the handy trolley bus.

Josie Jump
15-01-2005, 01:23
Hi I'm new to this board, and have actually booked to stay in the Quality Inn Plaza in September along with my hubby and 3 year old. We booked it because of the location and price, great location but not too expensive. Although my reason for coming on this board was to find a recommendation for an 'upgrade' as it were as we can now afford something a little more up-market (which will be posted on another thread!). From the reviews I've read elsewhere [website link edited] is excellent for info & reviews on hotels and they say it's basic but value for money.

linsan
15-01-2005, 04:02
Drew and I have just returned from a one week trip and as there was just the two of us opted for a hotel. On checking online for hotels we found that they were about the same price or very near as hiring a condo or small villa. However our travel agent found us a room at Howard Johnson, Hawaiin Court off I-drive, just across from the convention centre for £164 (just over $300). It was fine and continental breakfast included, although I'm not sure that I stay in high season as the walls seem quite thin!

bmwtouring
03-02-2005, 09:40
We are going to Orlando on Good Friday for 2 weeks, The villas were a bit expensive just for the 2 of us, so we have booked the "Quality Inn Plaza" through Virgin Holidays, £240 for the 14 nights at Easter (is this good?).

We have stayed there twice before and found it to be reasonable, if not a bit noisy,the main I4 runs alogside(ear plugs come in handy). There is a bar on site, it is very handy for a couple of bevvies before retiring to bed.
Kev

LiesaAnna
03-02-2005, 11:50
my next door neighbours have been to quality inn plaza for about 12- 14 years same place and they love it! so that says something, doesnt sound very expensive either i didnt think,,,,,hope you have a great time!

poohbear
03-02-2005, 14:00
ive stayed at quality inn international 3 times with 3 kids and we all loved it...
but after staying in a villa thats all we will stay in form now on..

Steve and Dawn
21-02-2005, 00:09
Have stayed there before, it is has been said a little basic but clean and in a great location. Pointe over the Road ( Try Dan Marino's) Pizza Hut, A fantastic but a little pricey Chinese( Ming Court) & Sizzlers all next door. Tip rty and sak for a room away from the I4. It can be quite noisey.

Steve & Dawn

Benny
06-09-2005, 14:55
I've stayed here on my first trip to FL.Like everyone has said,it was basic but it does the job.In a good location for both Sea World and Universal Orlando.