PDA

View Full Version : Chihuly Exhibit

caseyd
05-02-2004, 22:33
I found out through looking at an event calendar posted on this forum that there is a Dale Chihuly exhibit going on at the Orlando Art Museum now through May 30. Chihuly's studio is in Seattle, and is a master glass blower who does mind-blowing things w/colored glass, turning it into the most amazing sculptures. His works hang over the canals in Venice and I understand he also has some on exhibit in public places in London. I saw his exhibit in San Antonio in August and it just blew me away, I had never seen or experiences anything like it. The very colorful glass sculptures are displayed in very unusual ways, the lighting and spaces really evoke alot of emotion. I recommend that if you want something realy different that you will talk about and carry with you for a long time, go to this exhibit and take someone to experience it with you. My 11 yr old daughter was as impressed and in awe as I was.

If you'd like to see what i am talking about, here is a site that has 16 pics of the Orlando exhibit:
Go to www.orlandocitybeat.com
Search under 'Find An Event' -- type in ART there; and immediately under that, type in 'chihuly' in the search area.
When it takes you to the Chihuly page, click on 'view our photo gallery'
Enjoy!